It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drink this when you arise in the morning!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just had a phone conversation with a friend who lives in San Diego, CA. After hanging up, I was so enthused, I ran to the store to get these two items.

My buddy is a super-athlete who does those insane Ironman triathlon competitions. He's in phenomenal physical shape. His diet is
geared toward 80% raw fruits and vegetables, with lean proteins. He drinks a gallon of spring water per day, and some mineral water.
He mixes up super healthy smoothies and juices all the time.

He's tried most of the 'miracle' supplements and tonics out there, and has honed his diet to what works for him.
He's pretty skeptical, so when someone suggested he try this "morning super-elixer', he told them "I've heard of this before".
They replied, "But have you tried it?" They said give it 2 weeks. So he did.

He told me he has more energy than he's ever had. His skin looks younger. He sleeps like a baby. Injuries heal faster.
He said "Why did I not KNOW OF THIS BEFORE??!!??" I said "You just told me you'd heard of it!" He said yea, but they didn't tell me what a miracle it was!

This is it:

Lemon water, pure and simple. Get some organic lemons. They're not expensive. At my local grocery store, small organic lemons are
$3.29 per pound. I bought 5 of them, which is at least a week's supply. They probably don't last long before they get moldy.

Get some good purified water. (Don't use distilled water) Spring water works good. Don't chill it, it must be room temperature.
When you wake up, squeeze half a lemon into an 8 - 10 glass of the water. You can use more lemon if you like.
Don't just down it. Drink it slowly over a few minutes. Don't eat immediately, but you can eat 30 minutes later.

That's it!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i recently started doing this. Only difference is i drop 4 quarter cut pieces of lemon inro my glass water bottle. The taste is better and i do feel its helping on energy. Best part is i have a few lemons to suck on after i finish drinking the water reply to: ColeYounger

edit on 17-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

When I read the title of your thread, I though..the first thing I drink in the morning is lemon juice! Crazy!!!

However, I drink it straight up from the lemon with nothing added. I crave lemons like nobody's business. I'll try adding the method you suggested tomorrow and see if it helps energy levels. Mine are always really low.

Drinking lemon juice is also good for decalcifying the pineal gland so it's a win win.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Add some honey for even more benefits

Great drink

I do it slightly different I cut a lemon into slices squeeze a nice bit of honey over then add boiled water

Then Cool it down in the fridge

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I forgot to add:
He said he had a couple very small patches of dry, sun-damaged skin on his face. They're gone now.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Why not distilled water? I always thought it was better than spring water.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I drink lemon water all the time.

The lemons should be unwaxed, most organic lemons are, if using the whole lemon, which IMO is better, the lemon oil is in the zest, if you grate it super thinly and watch under the grater you will see the oil spritzing.

Just to add, the zest is the thin yellow skin,the pith under it is white and tastes bitter. The juice and zest of the lemon are the best parts to use.

The importance of using unwaxed lemons is because the wax is often made of shellac and isn't tasty or IMO advisable as a foodstuff, the wax also makes it difficult to get to the lemon oil in the zest.
edit on 17-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
With my morning tea?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sounds easy enough, I will start this as of tomorrow morning and report back to you in two weeks with my opinion.
I'm 59 so this should be interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

Oh! can I have a beer during the two week period.....pleeeease!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I drink hot lemon water every morning. I use 1/2 lemon in a large cup, squeeze it and drop it in. It's my "coffee". LOL I'm going to try it with Spring water and at room temp! Thanks for the idea! Thank your friend, too!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Lemon causes the Liver to work. It's like a detox.

It is like bitters, used by Europeans for a thousand years. They used limes because the lime tree was around.

Spring water can either be from a spring or from a pipe that goes into an underground reservour legally. Another words it can be well water. I have good water in my well, it goes down seventy five feet into an underground river. It runs on top of a type of limestone plate and comes out in springs about a thousand feet down the hill.

My wife likes lemon water, I like lemonade myself. If I want to clean out, I can drink some fifty fifty soda.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Why not distilled water? I always thought it was better than spring water.

My friend said the athlete who recommended the lemon water said very emphatically "Do NOT use distilled water!"

I don't know why. I did a search and found this:
Distilled H2O

Mercola has a huge following. He's been called everything from a genius to a quack. I didn't know why distilled water is supposedly bad to drink. After reading some of his stuff, I'm leaning towards believing him. He's an M.D.
(An osteopath) He dispenses tons of free info online.
edit on 17-8-2014 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Organic lemons only, throw in the juicer (skins on), and make icecubes out of the juice. Add to any drink.

Keeps things squeeky clean!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
All of you who are going to try this, report back and let the rest of us know if it actually does give you more energy and makes you sleep like a baby. I haven't slept like a baby for the past 20 years! lol. I'm just wondering if it's the combination of his physical work outs and the lemon water which is giving him the boost. What happens if you don't work out, does it still work?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I get on a lemon water kick from time to time! good info!

Lately though, I've been doing a glass of buttermilk with a raw egg in it for breakfast. I sometimes add turmeric and other herbs in it.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Fylgje because: correction

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Would a simple glass of lemonade work? Or perhaps a Tom Collins....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
My teeth aren't what they used to be, so I have to follow this up with a tiny dash of baking soda mixed into water. Leaving lemon oil in your mouth is a bad, bad idea.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Gets me going no matter what time of day. I prefer undiluted lemon juice though, just a bit is good for me. So my teeth don't get exposed to most of it I'll pour it straight into the back of my mouth with my head far back. Kind of helps. S & F good thread!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: maus80

Lemon oil reportedly isn't harmful to teeth, though the acid in lemon juice could. It is always best to rinse and brush teeth after acidic drinks.

Lemon oil (food grade) can be used instead of juice or juice and zest, it is more potent.

www.foods4betterhealth.com...

Something else you can do is use lemon essential oil (make sure it is labeled for human consumption) instead of lemon juice. Lemon oil is cold-pressed from the aromatic rinds of lemons, not the fruit. It is pH neutral as it does not contain citric acid and is safe for the teeth enamel. As well, it is more potent than lemon juice; it takes 3,000 lemon rinds to produce 1 kg of lemon essential oil. The oil is absorbed into the liver easier than the juice, making for a better detox regimen.

Lemon essential oil will help increase your energy level and mental clarity so try adding a drop to your bottle of water before you go to the gym and it will give you a lot more energy (don’t add it to a plastic bottle as the oil will degrade the plastic). Lemon oil is also great if you ever deal with heartburn, acne, urinary tract infections, gallstones, kidney stones, or respiratory issues.

The Secret Ingredient in Lemon Essential Oil

The lemon essential oil contains 68% d-limonene (which is not present in the juice). Limonene is a widely distributed, natural, non-toxic compound found in citrus fruits, spices, herbs, and some conifer essential oils. It is a powerful antioxidant believed to boost the body’s natural defenses. It has been shown to activate enzymes in the liver that are part of the detoxification processes which take toxic compounds present in the liver and convert them to non-harmful or less harmful versions. These “toxins” can range from caffeine to ibuprofen.

D-limonene is also being studied for its properties in relationship to cancer cells. Limonene has been proven in humans and in animals to have chemopreventative and chemotherapeutic benefits, causing no toxicity to humans—even at huge doses. It has been found in numerous animal and human studies to help stop cancer in its three stages: initiation, promotion /progression, and metastasis. Not only does limonene stop cancer growth from starting and prevent existing cancer growth from spreading but it has also been shown in animals to regress existing tumors.

edit on 17-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Distilled H2O

Interesting info. Thank you. I've been drinking distilled water almost exclusively for years. I have a well, but I've always figured there was too much iron in the water to drink. I'll have to check into this a bit more.
edit on 17-8-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join