It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Authorizes 2nd Autopsy Of Michael Brown At Family's Request

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And to speculate further,

What if the autopsy shows that multiple gunshot wounds entered Brown's chest (not back) at different distances.

Possibly indicating Brown was approaching the police officer as opposed to running away or standing still.

Or it could indicate that the cop was advancing on Michael Brown while firing.

Let's think this through for a moment. All accounts have Michael Brown running away from the cop after the first shot from the car and the cop getting out. Does it seem reasonable that at this point, Michael Brown decides that the cop has some reluctance to shoot him? Why would he run in the first place if he was intent on suicide by cop or thought he was somehow invulnerable to bullets? He's already been shot at the car and taken off, so that seems unlikely.

What caused him to stop moving away from the back of the vehicle? A change of heart? Could it be that the cop shot him again while he was fleeing or he's realizing how badly he's bleeding and he's decided to surrender?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
i suspect that the autopsy confirms the police side of the incident (I.E. no gunshots to the back, gunshot residue on the victims hands,etc) so the defense and the DOJ want a chance to try and fudge the results to make the not so innocent victim appear more innocent by doing their own autopsy.

I agree. I don't know much about the ME that did the initial autopsy but I know I can throw Eric holder and the DOJ further than I trust them. They have proven they lie, manipulate and sceme.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
shiping-bao-medical-examiner

well if holder has his way, they will probably get this guy again,,

yup they are that stupid,, really.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that some street protesters have Palestinians in the Middle East to thank for their informed response to tear gas attack on Wednesday night.

You can never imagine how humiliating it was to read from #OccupyOakland, the (insert the link here) was conveying real time advice and council for those engaged in the street, from Palestinians with experience countering what they were facing.

To see my nation....come to this..is beyond depressing. When Palestinians are the help OUR citizens turn to for handling confrontation with authority? Where..oh where...did we ever go SO far off the rails?? We aren't even on the track bed anymore.

No, the counter is to go home. Simple. Keep coming back each day till there are no terrorists lobbing molitovs and it would finally be a first ever peaceful demonstration.
The Palestinian advice was to encourage people to stay in the streets to cause terror.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I agree with you and if this is a True accounting of the incident as it took place.
The officer was not in the wrong and the official autopsy should have proved that with out a doubt.

I've listened to the same video dozens of times. I made my own transcription (link in my sig) and I found it difficult to discern the parts around:

"The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him"

Not to mention that it's a bit ambiguous. In the same video, at around 2:37, there is another person who shouts, "The police fired on that boy for no reason! He had his hands up. How he hit the ground and he still fired on him?"

No reporting on that. I think it's really interesting that since The Conservative Treehouse post about the the video, this garbled conversation has been latched onto along with the hearsay provided to of an unidentified (at this point, alleged) "friend" ("Josie") of Darren Wilson who called into a radio show to say what Wilson's wife said Wilson said to her, that every other witness account is completely dismissed.

Why?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

1. Did you notice that 'the dude' waving the 'Palestinian Flag' was ...

an African-American

2. Did the 'African-American' REALLY KNOW it was ...

a 'Palestinian Flag'

-
DISCLOSURE: If it hadn't of been 'pointed out' to me,

I couldn't have told you what that flag represented.

( i.e. was he CON'd into believing it to portray something else ? )

edit on 17-8-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate, Speculate.

Twist facts to support your side...........

Assume, Assume, Assume, Assume, Assume, Assume, Assume, Assume, Assume, Assume....

What if, What if, What if, What if, What if, What if, What if, What if, What if, What if, What if, What if....

This incident shows how ignorant people are and how much of a drama queen everybody is and needs to be in the middle of everything.

"IF" the cop was in the wrong and killed the man wrongly, what will change in the world?

"If" the guy attacked the cop and was killed what will change in the world?

Why does it matter to you either way?
Do you know him?
Do you know his family?
Are you a white knight crusading for justice in the world?

Or are you just a person with nothing better to do in your OWN life than follow these "reality shows" that the news puts on to keep you entertained?

Maybe there are some injustices in your own area that you can actually make a change in the world with.

This is nothing more than a sporting event where people pick a side and cheer for it and hope their side "wins".

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
"IF" the cop was in the wrong and killed the man wrongly, what will change in the world?

"If" the guy attacked the cop and was killed what will change in the world?

I would say if the cop is proven to be telling the truth, not much will change.
If the cop is proven to be lying, this may be an important step in 1, the current civil rights problems in this country AND 2, the freedom of the people from a corrupt authority.

Why does it matter to you either way?
Do you know him?
Do you know his family?
Are you a white knight crusading for justice in the world?

Why does anything matter to anyone? Some find it fascinating to observe and be involved, even if only at the keyboard, in a national discussion of an interesting socio-political situation in the country. Why NOT be interested and participate?

This is nothing more than a sporting event where people pick a side and cheer for it and hope their side "wins".

Maybe to you...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

So basically you came into this thread to get a dig in against Eric Holder and go on some sanctimonious rant about how nobody should be concerned with anything that happens that doesn't directly affect them?

Damn you people on the Internet speculating about things! Damn you national news for... ermm.. existing!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nothing beyond preliminary results (person died from multiple gun shot wounds) has been released, even to the family. It takes a couple of weeks for those to be released to anyone. If were at the mercy of a corrupt police department (been caught before) I would want a second autopsy too.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: theantediluvian

If they are performing a 2nd autopsy, then I'd wager that there already is some question(s) being raised as to the results.

This will actually be the third autopsy, then.

The one by Mo. Coroner, the one by Boden, and then the DOJ one.

I would wager the question is, why are there no gunshot wounds in his back?

Check the death photo's and videos. No entry and/or exit wounds, which would be readily apparent on the pure white shirt he had on.

This flies in the face of their star witness testimony, Dorian Johnson, who has now been offered immunity to testify, as I predicted, according to his attorney.

www.mediaite.com...

Because Johnson is now a federal witness,
Bosley said he will not be doing anymore television
interviews.

edit on 17-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
The one by Mo. Coroner, the one by Boden, and then the DOJ one.

Do you know if both of these people are fairly local to Ferguson? Sorry, I haven't followed as closely as some. If I were his parents, I would want an outside opinion and a federal level one, at that. I think it's a reasonable request. What can it hurt?

I would wager the question is, why are there no gunshot wounds in his back?

I haven't seen any pictures of his body except a couple of the ones in the street. I couldn't tell from those whether there were bullet wounds or not. They're all too far away and only part of the back. A back entry wouldn't necessarily show from that far away. And I haven't seen his shirt from the front at all. I'd be interested in a link, if you have one.

It will be interesting to compare the autopsy data.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I don't think there's enough detail to make that a definitive statement. I also find it hard to believe that would necessitate a second autopsy — the autopsy photos would be enough to determine if there were entrance wounds on the back.

As for Dorian Johnson. He's one witness and he and Darren Wilson are perhaps the least objective witnesses. What about the others? You're assuming that he has been granted immunity from prosecution, his lawyer refused to comment. Also, making a deal with the feds would as far as I know, only give him immunity from prosecution at the federal level and what federal crime would he be prosecuted for?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Do you know if both of these people are fairly local to Ferguson?

Dr. Baden is a resident of New York and is possibly the most famous forensic pathologist alive. Many feel his HBO program was what kicked off the CSI craze.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
My guess is that there is no gunshot wounds to the back, as has been claimed by witnesses. Maybe there's some powder burns from an extremely close wound suffered when he was smacking around the cop through his car window? Both of those wouldn't fit the narrative for the victim.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well, I suppose we were reading entirely different feeds Wednesday night and into the morning.

I do hope this second autopsy goes well for being accurate and honest tho, eh?
edit on 8/17/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: word edited out

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you. I am eager to see his findings.

I don't think I'd fully trust a local autopsy. Since a police officer's ethics has been brought into question, and he's being protected as much as possible, it seems, it doesn't bode well for the authorities there. IMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Glad I can help.

I agree. Dr. Baden has worked on countless high profile cases and his opinion is highly respected in the forensic and legal worlds, I am prepared to take his findings as accurate whatever they happen to be.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The fact that there will be a 2nd and 3rd autopsy is good insurance to ensure a fair and just outcome to all this. If I were Michael Brown’s parent I would insist on it, as well.

I keep reading posts on this board suggesting that the autopsy may somehow prove the innocense, or provide justification, of the officer’s actions in this case. Maybe I’m missing something, but my feeble mind just can’t connect the dots here. My reasoning so far is kinda like this:

a) Whether Brown was shot in the back, the front, or both does little to prove the innocense of the police officer.
b) Whether or not there was a struggle in the squad car for the officer’s gun which resulted in the gun being discharged still doesn’t get the officer off the hook. In any case, what resulted was a pursuit on foot in which the victim surrendered with his hands in the air. If the victim at this point showed some sign of being an immediate and iminent threat to the officer or the community at large, then the shooting was justified. Otherwise not. How could an autopsy shed any light on that?

The police are supposed to be a highly trained and professional group. In the case of the Ferguson PD, I haven’t seen that side of them yet. I’ve seen a lot of the other side, though.

Too bad there’s no video of this incident. It could help clear up a lot of things. Eye witness testimony from either side will likely be skewed. In any event, I think the local authorities in this case cannot be trusted to render an objective and just outcome. They’ve done little so far to gain anyone’s trust and will likely do whatever it takes to cover their own asses. I think they are rightly under the microscope.

That’s my impression, anyway. Who knows where it will all lead in the end. I just hope that justice prevails.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Libertygal

Also, making a deal with the feds would as far as I know, only give him immunity from prosecution at the federal level and what federal crime would he be prosecuted for?

Hate crimes.

Dorian also had a warrant out for his arrest on another, previos theft. He was released after being arrested, and a no show on court day.

I am thinking he got a nice deal, including immunity.

It just isn't rocket science.

edit on 17-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join