It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Describes How Police in Ferguson Arrested Him for Smoking Cigarette in His Parked Car After Curf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: backwherewestarted

So tear gas fired at journalists who were by their truck—reporting—was restrained and in response to their violence?

Or the tear gas fired directly at a resident while he stood in his OWN yard was restrained and in response to his violence?

The roughing up of the two journalists in the MacDonalds was restrained and in response to...what violence, exactly?

I suppose, though, that the police *were* restrained because, even though they had their 50 cal weapons trained on citizens with their hands up, they didn't fire.

And I suppose they were "restrained" because they stood by and watched as business were looted, then turned around and arrested a man in his own aunt's driveway.

Le sigh.

1) Using unverified reports that have been reported by the media as if they are proven facts. Thanks for doing exactly what I was talking about. I also laugh when I see people who question everything the media says buy into what the media is saying.

2) Excellent job ignoring the parts of my post that don't fit your agenda. Can you please tell me about another rioting/looting situation where the things you mention are the worst things the police have done????

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Many people *have* forgotten, sadly, the response in Boston. My avatar since then, until this incident, was the Boston city seal with "Police State" above and "4-19-13" below. I even had a shirt printed what that on the front, and the Ben Franklin quotation about giving up liberty for security in the back. I wear it at least once week.

While others have forgotten, that remains a singular testament to the problems with over-militarized LEO. I'm working on another design now, with Ferguson and or State of Missouri seal for the same thing.

Boston seemed to set a precedent that people accepted because it was "terrorism." But now it's in our neighborhoods.

Never forget.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Good point. I would hope it is treated in that manner. But you have seen some of the politicians that draft laws...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: backwherewestarted

Media reports—reports BY the media on their first hand accounts—ARE verified. That's why it's the media and not hearsay (with the exception of the events of this OP).

As far as ignoring the rest of your post, I can't address every single issue you have put forth. I am addressing the erroneous issues you put forth. As far as another rioting/looting situation, I can't recall one off hand, and don't have to. This concerns local police there. That they stand by and watch is a testament to their true character, in addition to everything else that has come out about them.

Sorry my fact-filled response doesn't fit with *your* agenda.

(post by backwherewestarted removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I love that you are now relying on the reports by the media, calling them verified and not hearsay. In other words you believe that the media reports everything 100% accurately and that nobody has any reason to lie to the media.

Interestingly I live in STL and KSDK reported that the night the highway patrol took over it was a "peaceful night", yet there were bricks and rocks thrown at police, a shooting that emergency responders could not get to because of the crowds, robberies and assaults. Yep, the media are dead on.

People tell the police what a sweet young man the victim was yet we have now seen a robbery video of him hitting a man in the throat and physically intimidating him. Here is an interesting article/video: www.ijreview.com... Yep, witnesses are always 100% correct and honest. Oh, and one of the alleged victims who were in the press also posted tweeted a pic of earplugs thinking they were rubber bullets. Very reliable testimony from that guy.

When it comes to my post, sure you can address every point. You have been responding to every post in this thread, so it wouldn't have been too difficult.

Of course you can't "recall one off hand" because that doesn't fit the FACT that police have been very reserved and not doing what typically happens in these situations.

People like you crack me up. I think my point has been made to you quite well. Bye.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Maybe that was one of the protesters we saw being arrested on the livestream. I'm thinking the guy in the sleeveless tee and the baseball hat.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sounds like it's time to set up some booby traps along the property perimeter if you live in Ferguson. Not sure what form they'd take if the trickster was I, but I do have a hunch I'd need a lot of rotten bacon and pig sh*.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What in the actual _____????

How are the police even ALLOWED to come onto PRIVATE property in order to arrest people for sitting in a car smoking?

I guess I could maybe understand if the car was parked in the street, but if it was in the drive way then this is total abuse of power and a sure sign that Martial Law is, indeed, alive and well in Missouri.

edit on 18-8-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: backwherewestarted
I love that you are now relying on the reports by the media, calling them verified and not hearsay. In other words you believe that the media reports everything 100% accurately and that nobody has any reason to lie to the media.

What would be considered a verified report? Mainstream media is reporting it, alternative media is reporting it, random people on twitter are reporting it. Obama himself said the police need to back off (which is probably just some PR stunt to earn him some brownie points).

The police were caught on video committing these acts. If that's not verified then I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
It was his aunts property and they had permission. I hope this gets thrown out of court.

Nope, you have to be at your own residence.
Here is a similar story and the answer from an attorney:
Can I receive an adult curfew charge on private property

A person not at their own residence after hours (private or public property) is in violation of standard curfew restrictions. Harboring a minor by an adult past curfew is a violation, too. You might consider formulating a different defense if you have one.

geeze what the hell do they do with the homeless
what if somebody is drunk and stays at a buddies
what if their house is getting tented for pests

yeah that seems perfectly reasonable

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Nope, you have to be at your own residence. Here is a similar story and the answer from an attorney: Can I receive an adult curfew charge on private property

That is utterly ridiculous. May even be the letter of the law for that city/state, area, etc., but I would certainly consider attacking that as violating the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Is the town under martial law at this time ? It would certainly appear to be. If martial law is in effect can the people take any legal action against the police ? The police seem to be acting as if they know they can't.
As for the curfew. JEEZ ! Why would anyone allow such to a thing to be inforced. How DARE a servant of the people tell them what time they must be in by, like they are little children. Patronizing, degrading and wrong on every level. Why in hell aren't the people talking to each other and arranging to all go out en masse after curfew ? Not much the police can do about that.

On side note, it makes me as mad as hell when such agencies refer to themselves as 'the authorities'.
'''YOU''' are the authority !!!!!!! The CIVILIANS are the masters and they MUST be reminded of that fact !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join