It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have not yet reached the advancement of Noah's era.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

People have done nasty things for all of recorded history, but God only did almost total genocide on the human race once that is recorded. So what made it so imperative to do such a thing? Obviously violence between people was not the reason. Yet the book of Jashar mentions the pollution of the gene code -- the Nephilim taught humans how to mix with animals and also how to mix all other species. Seems to me such biotechnology would have meant the cities were more like ours, not something primitive. So are we close to a revival of this ancient civilization? Will the results be the same?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Its "a bit of a stretch" to include the Biblical Flood as part of recorded history (it's ludicrous), i may as well tell you that King Arthur's body being taken to Avalon was a recorded event.

The rest of it i aint going anywhere near!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I only lasted four minutes. It might have been the voice...or even those happy words conjecture and speculation. It might even have been the madness of where it all was heading...I don't know...

I had to stop for sanity's sake.

edit on 17-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I've long believed the Earth is cyclic in nature. This was slow to start, I'm glad I stuck it through!

The book of Enoch I know is extremely slow reading. Does this book or the book of Jasher have a 'cliff notes' version?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is a history that was pre flood that needs to be ignored .UFO's and many other things are allowed but if there is a Noah's flood then there will be hell to pay .

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

-- Genesis 8:21 & 8:22 (KJV)
edit on 2014-8-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Its always a bad idea to start off an idea by including in it the Biblical flood. Putting an imaginary event into anything kinda makes it toast before you even get started....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

-- Genesis 8:21 & 8:22 (KJV)

neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

I think this quote could be mislead by some - My reason is that ..... it sounds like God will never again punish mankind and that is incorrect. The correct translation is: And never again will I destroy ALL living creatures as I have done.

My point? God will again destroy SOME of mankind but not ALL of mankind. We see this throughout both the OT and NT.

God bless.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Its always a bad idea to start off an idea by including in it the Biblical flood. Putting an imaginary event into anything kinda makes it toast before you even get started....

I always smile when I read how many people reject the flood even though it is a story known around the world, stories and drawings found in caves around the world concerning the flood.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Except in the story he clearly did not destroy all living creatures, some got a ticket on a big boat.

ETA: those *cough* depictions of floods that you mention could be from the extremely well known precursor story, or just entirely totally unconnected, yunno?

edit on 17-8-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

(PhysOrg.com) -- Researchers from the University of Wyoming have developed a way to incorporate spiders' silk-spinning genes into goats, allowing the researchers to harvest the silk protein from the goats’ milk for a variety of applications. For instance, due to its strength and elasticity, spider silk fiber could have several medical uses, such as for making artificial ligaments and tendons, for eye sutures, and for jaw repair. The silk could also have applications in bulletproof vests and improved car airbags. Normally, getting enough spider silk for these applications requires large numbers of spiders. However, spiders tend to be territorial, so when the researchers tried to set up spider farms, the spiders killed each other. To solve this problem, Randy Lewis, a professor of molecular biology at the University of Wyoming, and other researchers decided to put the spiders’ dragline silk gene into goats in such a way that the goats would only make the protein in their milk. Like any other genetic factor, only a certain percentage of the goats end up with the gene. For instance, of seven goat kids born in February 2010, three have tested positive for having the silk protein gene. When these transgenic goats have kids and start lactating, the researchers will collect the milk and purify the spider silk protein into “much, much higher quantities,” Lewis said.

source

It has already begun

The article goes on to talk about incorporating the "silk genes'" into alfalfa plants. I wonder if the scientists doing this considered the ramifications of what the side effects would be in the animals that consume the altered alfalfa, and the creatures (humans) that eat them? "You are what you eat" and all that.

Anyway, to get back to the point....Our society may not be as technically advanced or as brutal and hedonistic as society was purported to be before the flood, but in my humble opinion, we are not very far off.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I do find it interesting that some people dismiss this due to the exploration of a worldwide flood. I suspect this may be due to the Bible school coloring book images of Noah as a Middle Eastern old man herding some animals. As the video points out, this may have been 12 thousand + years ago and we only have the Book of Enoch's description of Noah as a blonde guy with super-light skin complexion (Julian Assange look?) Yet animal husbandry that goes beyond anything known to people in ancient days is described in Jashar. Maybe there is a reason so many ancient manuscripts in both the old and new worlds were destroyed by the Catholic Church. It does cause one to wonder.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Is this the religion forum, all of a sudden?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Except in the story he clearly did not destroy all living creatures, some got a ticket on a big boat.

ETA: those *cough* depictions of floods that you mention could be from the extremely well known precursor story, or just entirely totally unconnected, yunno?

Correct -Noah and his family were found to be not infected by the fallen ones (genetically).

When researching the flood it is surprising to find out that the American Indians, South American tribes, Africa, and Europe (to name a few) have cave markings and stories handed down from generation to generation that talk of the flood that date back before any of these lands (continents) had any outside contact from distant lands or other civilizations.

Why is it that star fish and other salt water species were found on top of Mount Everest inside a cave or the saltwater found all over the pyramids in Egypt and South America ?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

Correct -Noah and his family were found to be not infected by the fallen ones (genetically).

When researching the flood it is surprising to find out that the American Indians, South American tribes, Africa, and Europe (to name a few) have cave markings and stories handed down from generation to generation that talk of the flood that date back before any of these lands (continents) had any outside contact from distant lands or other civilizations.

Why is it that star fish and other salt water species were found on top of Mount Everest inside a cave or the saltwater found all over the pyramids in Egypt and South America ?

You forget the animals that were supposedly on the Ark.

And how in the name of all that is sane is it relevant that a culture far removed by distance and time from the Levantine Judaeo-Christian thing could depict floods. Please, you do realise that floods can happen when you have never heard of Jesus, don't you? You are even allowed to paint it on a cave wall no matter your awareness of the Bibble.

As for the last paragraph, get some links and sources together, start a thread on it and i'm sure we can get that idea of yours blown out of the water in short order. Seriously, it would make a great thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I always smile when I read how many people reject the flood even though it is a story known around the world, storiesand drawings found in caves around the world concerning the flood.

Funny, because I always roll my eyes, let out a deep sigh, and cringe ever so slightly whenever I'm reminded just how many people cling so desperately to their fairy tales, despite conclusive evidence (ie. the geologic record) that there has never been a global flood on this planet. Geographically isolated floods at different points in history? Sure, but a single global flood? No. Just....no. Deny ignorance, don't embrace it.
edit on 8/17/2014 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I always smile when I read how many people reject the flood even though it is a story known around the world, storiesand drawings found in caves around the world concerning the flood.

Funny, because I always roll my eyes, let out a deep sigh, and cringe ever so slightly whenever I'm reminded just how many people cling so desperately to their fairy tales, despite conclusive evidence (ie. the geologic record) that there has never been a global flood on this planet. Geographically isolated floods at different points in history? Sure, but a single global flood? No. Just....no. Deny ignorance, don't embrace it.

Mount Everest is over 29,000 (twenty nine thousand) feet above sea level. On the top was various sea creatures found along with large salt deposits. Can you explain this?

So if Mount Everest was covered in water what land on this planet would not have been covered in water?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Mount Everest is over 29,000 (twenty nine thousand) feet above sea level. On the top was various sea creatures found along with large salt deposits. Can you explain this?

So if Mount Everest was covered in water what land on this planet would not have been covered in water?

Seriously, get your sources together and start a new thread on it, unless you only have anecdotal stuff to bring

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Seriously, get your sources together and start a new thread on it, unless you only have anecdotal stuff to bring

HI,

I will but it is late (I am in Europe) and an old fart! I will do it next week. Keep your eye open for it.

God bless.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That would be a valid argument if the Earth were a static, dead planet, but its not. The Earth is very much alive and active, geologically speaking. The oceanic fossils found on the peaks of Mount Everest are far, far older than the mountain itself, ie. it wasn't a mountain when they were deposited there. I hate to sound derisive, but seriously, they teach basic Earth sciences in middle school....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join