It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sauces! You too can be a saucier'!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

I dont have that one...will look into getting it, Thanks!

I do have this one though:

Sauces, classical and contemporary

Although I have the 2nd edition. Love it. That and "The Bread Bible" lol are my 2 fave food books.

edit on 17-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I am glad you liked them...Food is one of my major passions in life,I like complicated dishes but when it comes to real taste i prefer the simplest of foods.Nothing beats a fried egg sandwich or a fine cheese sandwich melted over a french country style bread with some slices of tomato and a bit of basil.Try that with a glass of nice red wine and i am right there,lol...My favorite fast food which i am not allowed to have anymore is smoked German franks on a french sour dow country style bread garnished with kosher pickles,chopped parsley and onions,hot English mustard and a bit of mayo.I would like to have that with some homemade french fry with homemade tomato sauce,and of course to wash it all off with a big glass of pepsiiii...I know it may sound disgusting but i love it.God I wish i could have had one right now!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
well...someone had asked me to share the "Cream gravy" recipe...but I see you have bechamel.

Essentially, the same thing: milk and roux. Heavy on the black pepper. Being a Texan, I am sure you are more than familiar with this staple of Texas cooking.

The gravy is the reason I don't eat KFC. A local place makes the cream gravy, so we eat there for fried chicken exclusively.

Ill peruse your sauce library. I may have 1 or 2 that I can add in....but you have the gauntlet posted up here.

RE: Mexican sour cream sauce...if you can get mexican crema instead of sour cream, itll be better. I use crema instead of sour cream because it is a much more mild flavor and can be done more with. Unless I am cooking my cultural roots (Hungarian)...then I go heavy on the regular sour cream and paprik.

RE: Salt....the pink himalayan is my favorite as well. I prefer the black hawaiin when I am serving salt with dessert. It is the best with watermelon.

I have some sauces that would be an odd dessert pairing that Ill share when I can have a little time to dig out my notes on them. One, a jalapeno sauce that I use with watermelon (yeah, I love watermelon) is a surprisingly adept dessert sauce.

:UP: Great thread.

(post by SauseCool removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join