It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars or Earth??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Out of the 2 Planets mentioned in the Title of this Thread, which Planet would you rather be on?

Would you take the Shuttle to Mars knowing there is no way back and where it is desolate mass of nothingness, rocks, dirt and sand?

Or

Would you rather live here on Earth with all these 'Extremists' and 'Diseases' which are rampant at the moment? And risk being killed by some nutter shouting 'Allah Akbar'?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Out of the 2 Planets mentioned in the Title of this Thread, which Planet would you rather be on?

Would you take the Shuttle to Mars knowing there is no way back and where it is desolate mass of nothingness, rocks, dirt and sand?

Or

Would you rather live here on Earth with all these 'Extremists' and 'Diseases' which are rampant at the moment? And risk being killed by some nutter shouting 'Allah Akbar'?

I think my location says it all....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'd go for an underground bunker inside a crater on Mars. Just located correctly, so I could see Earth from inside the crater.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There's always been extremists and diseases here on Earth. We'll be fine. It's the diseases that you don't know about that are the ones that are causing a lot of the symptoms. I'm staying on Earth, for now. But Mars is awful tempting.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My feet are very firmly planted on Earth. I need to be surrounded by trees and water, just to breathe...to feel alive.
Mars is a dead planet to me,and nothing alive has any place there. imho

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Their is only one place for this Earthling to be plus Mars has not got any pubs
and if they had they would not have much Atmosphere
edit on 17/8/2014 by douglas5 because: spellings

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Mars

No, seriously, Mars.

Have you been to Earth lately?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You don't say if there would be life support ... and if so, how extensive... on Mars.

Going there to suffocate, freeze or die of thirst doesn't sound as bad as Earth sometimes , but I'd take alive over not no matter how much stupid is being committed on any given day here.

But going to Mars (or off planet most anywhere) in a nice, roomy life support system with people who aren't dogmatic, stupid automatons sounds like paradise.
edit on 8/17/2014 by Baddogma because: fixed mis-wording... heh

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
My feet are very firmly planted on Earth. I need to be surrounded by trees and water, just to breathe...to feel alive.

After I posted this Thread, I thought to myself... if there was Nature on Mars I would definately go. Nature and a Breathable Atmosphere. But no Man/Woman/Alien whatever... Just Nature & Wildlife.

That would be cool. Sort of what it was like here before Humans.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pubs?

Is this the be all and end all?

There has got to be more to life than 'Pubs'

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Pubs?

Is this the be all and end all?

There has got to be more to life than 'Pubs'

Well i can meet women there get a drink meet friends do some business and have a laugh

All very hard on Mars unless tptb are not telling the truth

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Leave the party when the fun is just beginning? Surely you jest.

Ok. I'll admit it. I've seriously considered that one way trip to Mars.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Party?

Thats one way to look at it I suppose.

just hope I'm one of the guys left at the end who is immune to everything.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

After I posted this Thread, I thought to myself... if there was Nature on Mars I would definately go. Nature and a Breathable Atmosphere. But no Man/Woman/Alien whatever... Just Nature & Wildlife.

That would be cool. Sort of what it was like here before Humans.

That might make the trip worthwhile...like starting over. Realistically though, as antisocial as I am, at some point I would miss human conversation, and connection.Even if I don't go out of my way to be around other people, there is a comfort in knowing that I am not alone. As much as I prefer nature,to be utterly alone in the world,would not be pleasant either. Earth has balance...sometimes it tips the scales one way or the other, but it rights itself over time. If Mars ever had life, it had it's time. It's done..in my book.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'd have the one with the two yokes, seriously though the earth is so beautiful so why export those same madmen to some other innocent world until we can finally control them, those nutters as you rightly call them are a bane on humanity but I do believe in humanity, if guided correctly we will overcome those scum bag's, we can now it is merely a matter of political will and correct morality in our leaders who currently are indicitive of the stupidity of there voters, they are thick and so are there voter's, educate the masses and then we may have some decent politician's.
Yeah I would stay and fight and if that nutter come's into my kitchen he is not going back out of it.
edit on 17-8-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I will say of Earth what I always say about my hometown. I am not leaving this place, until either I fix it, or destroy it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I ate that Egg a long time ago. Supposed to be lucky.

Was nice Egg.

Yes, a lot of stupid people on this Planet.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would rather be on Earth of course because death doesn't sound all that great.

new topics

top topics

join