It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Isn't it ridiculous how anyone that agrees that we need to secure the border is instantly branded a racist,bigot,or homegrown terrorist by the traitors in our gov and the rest of the liberals?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have no problem with the guard securing the border-as long as their orders are to shoot to kill anything on 2 legs that tries to illegally cross into the U.S.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

And naturally, Mexico doesn't maintain troops on their border. Right!

Of coarse because the government down there gets paid off by the cartels to keep there military from causing any trouble at the border.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

So basically they are saying "let them through because if you don't then they are our problem."

That is basically what it seems to me they are saying.

originally posted by: Witness2008

I lived in Texas for a while and was alarmed at the takeover by Hispanics down there. There are some neighborhoods on the south side of Austin that look like they should be in Mexico. The English language is not spoken or written in certain areas and more than some Mexicans take issue with the fact they you don't speak Spanish.

The takeover by hispanics? Gringos took it over not so long ago. Lol I happen to be a gringa myself, btw.

In my never humble opinion, that's a rediculous and narrow point of view. People form communities for many reasons. Religion, ethnicity, familial, etc. Does that mean they are taking over? I think it just means they are drawn together by common familiarities.

Having said that, I have experienced, on more than one occasion, an hispanic individual being annoyed with me for not speaking, nor understanding Spanish. I saw that as an issue with the individual, not the whole. I've had plenty more experiences with gringos being rude for no damn reason at all. Again, I see it as an issue with the individual.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

So you don't want to labeled anything but then you make comments like this

I have no problem with the guard securing the border-as long as their orders are to shoot to kill anything on 2 legs that tries to illegally cross into the U.S.

You may not have a problem with that but our constitution sure as hell does. You can't just kill people for trespassing.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The move to place the National Guard on the border does nothing at all really except look good in the paper.

National Guard troops are soldiers under the authority of the state governor. They cannot detain undocumented migrants, which is a federal responsibility, but they can take over some duties that allows more US Border Patrol agents to monitor the borderline.

So the 1000 guard is used to do office work allowing more border patrol to actually patrol the border. But since the federal government does not stop the problem it is really a moot point.

It does not matter how many National Guard you put "on the border", until the Federal government agrees to actually seal it and stop the illegals from coming in nothing changes in reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Enemy insurgents can be killed.

There is more than one way to fight a war-look up La Raza.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Do Mexican officials not realize these Columbian, Honduran, Panamanian and other central American migrants are not ALSO illegal immigrants to Mexico?

What would they do with them?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And you wonder why people label you.
Keep wishing death on people, have fun with that

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Isn't it ridiculous how anyone that agrees that we need to secure the border is instantly branded a racist,bigot,or homegrown terrorist by the traitors in our gov and the rest of the liberals?

No one is against a secure border.

But when members make comments like these:

I lived in Texas for a while and was alarmed at the takeover by Hispanics down there. There are some neighborhoods on the south side of Austin that look like they should be in Mexico. The English language is not spoken or written in certain areas and more than some Mexicans take issue with the fact they you don't speak Spanish.

It makes it OBVIOUS that some people really do have a problem with people of a different skin color coming into their neighborhood, and are using these kind of threads to vent about their pent up racist frustration

edit on 8/17/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I have no problem with troops on the border. If you want the country best defended, this point blank makes sense to me for the military to do, to be right on the doorstep. What use are they halfway around the world away from our borders? Hmm?

you do know that by U.S. law, they are powerless to do anything else, other than notify ICE when they spot border crossers, that's it...they can't fire their weapons, turn them away, arrest them, fly them back to their own country, etc...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Not to mention that what you advocate would be against existing US Army Doctrine which the Army National Guard falls under. Anyone involved in such would have to be prosecuted under the UCMJ.

If the ARNG were being used for security and apprehension activities I would be ok with that. But killing people at the border is NOT legal.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
The move to place the National Guard on the border does nothing at all really except look good in the paper.

National Guard troops are soldiers under the authority of the state governor. They cannot detain undocumented migrants, which is a federal responsibility, but they can take over some duties that allows more US Border Patrol agents to monitor the borderline.

So the 1000 guard is used to do office work allowing more border patrol to actually patrol the border. But since the federal government does not stop the problem it is really a moot point.

It does not matter how many National Guard you put "on the border", until the Federal government agrees to actually seal it and stop the illegals from coming in nothing changes in reality.

I keep hearing this over and over...what do you mean by "seal the border"....you right-wingers need to say how this would be done in practical terms in detail....spell it out in plain language, or quit talking about it....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I was pointing out how the left paints anyone that wants a secure border as some kind of monster.

I have zero problem being labeled by those cowards.

This is one of those moments that I have to remind myself that today's liberals were the crybabies and tattle tails in grade school-you know-the ones that would rather go cry to the teacher than stand up for themselves.

I say do whatever it takes to get these parasites out of our country-take Mexico if we have to.

(I wasn't born in the U.S.,btw-came here LEGALLY.The illegals have NO excuse.)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

It means throw the trillions it would take to build a big wall and man that big wall.
Would most likely involve militarizing the border as the means to manning the big wall.
And then some kind of draconian laws for those that make it thru to try and send a "this is what happens" type message.

And maybe catapult traps set up that if the people hit, just launches them back over.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Ya and your way of pointing it out is calling for us to just kill the people?
I wonder why they call you a monster....

This is one of the moments that i have to remind my self that today's conservatives were the kids that would kind the smallest and weakest kid they could find and go impose their will on them.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So you don't want to labeled anything but then you make comments like this

You may not have a problem with that but our constitution sure as hell does. You can't just kill people for trespassing.

Actually... the feds can shoot to kill tresspassers. Not a normal citizen though.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

No, they can not.
Due process is right that extends to everyone on american soil

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Depends on WHAT legal ROE for the STATE officials to AUTHORIZE or they stand a good chance of being shot at by cartel smugglers without one and by proximity THEN will open fire. As they are able.Or maybe VETS will cover them while they load.

The point is if somebody shoots things CHANGE, when it's YOU getting shot at ,rules CAN become arbitrary when a hostile hard target is detected.
edit on 17-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I never had the opportunity to bully anyone-being one of the very few white kids in an almost all black school in the ghetto can be "painful sometimes".

But-we are discussing the events surrounding the border-not how many times I landed in juvie for defending myself from getting killed for being white.

It has been reported that it isn't just mexicans flowing through the border-but terrorists and every other thing that you can think of.

I'm sure that you will try to deny that.

If you don't leave your doors and windows wide open at night,then you must be some kind of racist bigot-but I bet you use common sense and lock your doors and windows.

It is the same when dealing with the border-the nation is our house-and there is a nationwide home invasion being encouraged by cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join