It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Texas governor, Rick Perry, has sent 1,000 troops to the U.S./ Mexico border in his efforts to slow the apparent deluge of children crossing the border. Perry said this move was made in reference to many requests made to the Federal Government to secure the border. The Foreign Ministry of Mexico doesn't appreciate the move to refuse child migrants; most of whom are from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador and number 57,000 since October according to the article.

"No circumstance at all or change in border security exists that justifies this measure taken by the state." The troop deployment "does not contribute in any way to solving the immigration problem," and is inconsistent with US-Mexico talks aimed at "building a modern, prosperous and safe border," the statement read. On Thursday Perry deployed some 1,000 National Guard troops to the border with Mexico

I do think something needs to be done about the border; securing the border is an integral part of our national security. And I mean both borders-Mexico and Canada. Isis apparently posted pictures that one of its operatives took of the White House at close range.

abcnews.go.com... rent-isis-flag-photo-front/story?id=24985241

Secure our border(s) or give people a free pass and allow them in for a better life? What does ATS think?

news.yahoo.com...

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have no problem with troops on the border. If you want the country best defended, this point blank makes sense to me for the military to do, to be right on the doorstep. What use are they halfway around the world away from our borders? Hmm?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I have no problem with troops on the border. If you want the country best defended, this point blank makes sense to me for the military to do, to be right on the doorstep. What use are they halfway around the world away from our borders? Hmm?

Securing it makes sense doesn't it?

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

If you had a multi million dollar CASH business, running 24/7 set up and running full tilt boogy. I guess you would protest if some one decided to stick a wrench in the gears driving it...huh.

Screw Mexico! It's OUR border...not theirs. Texas has the cojones to do what our own government won't.

Des

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Most of the children crossing the border are from Honduras?
Ok, then why doesn't Mexico secure its southern border?

I'm ok with immigration. Just sign up on the way in and recieve your temporary social security number. Get a job and pay taxes like the rest of us and I'm all good.

And we need to make english the national language while we are at it...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Yeah and now the government is indicting Gov Perry for "abuse of power" in regard to this issue. Imagine that.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Securing the border is vital to our economic recovery. Too many dollars heading South that really should stay home considering what we are facing. The tax dollars that are used to provide medical attention, house, feed, and all too often incarcerate should be spent on lifting up our own first.

I am a very charitable person, but I am being forced to support a Guatemalan child instead of one of our own. I think that flooding our country with foreign dependents is a part of the game plan in weakening us as a country.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
As Mexico is the main enabler of this invasion I have two words for them.And its not Merry Christmas.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This whole situation is so infuriating its not even funny... its a slow invasion being helped by our media..

i was just watching CNN a couple days ago and they went on and on for 20 minutes talking about the children and flashed the camera around a detention center..... thing is they wouldnt show any of the detainees directly, just glimpses of shoes in line.. and bare feet and dirty jeans and the bottoms of bags and back packs.. lots of low shots and just BLAH BLAH children BLAH BLAH for 20 minutes... well they got sloppy and cut to a scene from the next room over and you could see into the room the detainees were in.. same back packs.. same jeans... all on 20-30 year olds.. big ole cell full. one teenager maybe.. mighta bee small little vato tho too.

point is.. SURE bring us the kids... i have no problem helping out children. teens fall in a grey area IMO and should be handled on a case to case basis.

all these 20+ year olds need to go kick rocks... once your of age to be responsible for your self GO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF!@! if that means you want to come to america then do it the right way.

if they all hate their countries so badly maybe all these 20+ year olds fleeing should band together and maybe fix things?!?! stength in numbers can accomplish a lot, this is what I worry about. if and when they band together i prefer them aimed at their own government on their own soil. not on ours aimed at ours...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

If you had a multi million dollar CASH business, running 24/7 set up and running full tilt boogy. I guess you would protest if some one decided to stick a wrench in the gears driving it...huh.

Screw Mexico! It's OUR border...not theirs. Texas has the cojones to do what our own government won't.

Des

Texas is doing it but the illegals still have N.M, AZ, and CA

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Securing the border is vital to our economic recovery. Too many dollars heading South that really should stay home considering what we are facing. The tax dollars that are used to provide medical attention, house, feed, and all too often incarcerate should be spent on lifting up our own first.

I am a very charitable person, but I am being forced to support a Guatemalan child instead of one of our own. I think that flooding our country with foreign dependents is a part of the game plan in weakening us as a country.

It sure seems that way sometimes doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Is it Feliz Navidad?
Oh, yeah
F you mehico

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While I can understand the plight that both countries are in, and that the federal government is in a bind as well as the Mexican government. However the problem is that the USA is not in a position to care for additional number of people, with its over whelming social and economic problems that it has going on.

Neither the US federal government or the Mexican federal government realizes the danger that these children are in, and while the words are poorly chosen and the actions are slow, the facts are that most of these children are going to either end up staying in the USA or going to be sent home.

I am for legal immigration, where we open our doors, hearts and arms up to welcome new people in, new ideas and innovations, the contributions of such cannot and should not be forgotten, but this has been a growing problem that has been building for years. And it gets worse, as I stated, make no mistake those children are in far greater danger than either side wants to admit to. All it is going to take is another act of terrorism or an outbreak of some disease in the USA and the general public will be seeing red, even to the point of violence against those that had nothing to with it, and the federal government is ill prepared for the riots or demands for blood that will happen. Take a good look at 9/11 or even what all is going on in Ferguson, right now. The fires are burning, and it just takes one more spark and it gets worse.

The problem also being, that it was a dangerous journey through Mexico, and it appears as though the Mexican government did nothing to stem the tide of such, nor cares to enforce its side of the border. It could have stopped this long ago, but has chosen not to. It is corrupt and fails to be good neighbors with the USA, while the USA is not so innocent and is equally guilty on that account. Both countries created this mess and ultimately will either have to agree to stop the flow or it is going to come to a point where someone is going to go down and start shooting or killing those trying to cross illegally.

The Central American countries need to stop looking to the USA as an ATM machine and handouts, while the USA needs to stop looking south for cheap labor. The bottom line is that boarder on both sides of the country need to be shut down, halt all immigration till we can figure out a new policy and ultimately figure out what to do with all of those currently in the USA. We need to shut down the money leaving the country where it does not go out, of the country back to home countries around the world, and stop allowing for those who have children on US soil, to use such as an excuse to allow them to stay. Once we have those issues fixed, then open the borders up with the new policies in place and with the new penaltities as well. But not amnesty at all, none allowed or given.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
secure the southern
border with armed persons.

have busses standing by to be filled with the
illegals with the busses headed south and returning empty.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Des

Bingo! You said it in a nutshell. There's a business aspect to this whole border issue that's not being discussed. There is a lot of money being made; money that is un-taxed and un-regulated.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Mexican Foreign Ministry just made us have a worse opinion about them.

ESTA MUY LOCO. NO VISA?.....ADIOS AMIGO!

1000 troops not enough, send more.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So basically they are saying "let them through because if you don't then they are our problem."

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I lived in Texas for a while and was alarmed at the takeover by Hispanics down there. There are some neighborhoods on the south side of Austin that look like they should be in Mexico. The English language is not spoken or written in certain areas and more than some Mexicans take issue with the fact they you don't speak Spanish.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Our country has been at war for how many years now and our own border is not secure, that seems to be on purpose and the reason has yet to be shown. Our government stops countless inventions from coming to the people and use national security as an excuse, but our wide open border is not a major threat to our security?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

And naturally, Mexico doesn't maintain troops on their border. Right!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join