It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft - blocked my access temporarily to ATS - 'Content on this website has been reported as un

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well....
Crud!
Now I lost my avatar in the process of changing it....
It wouldn't click and paste...
So I typed it in.....

Now bells and warnings are coming up...
And I clicked the warning button here in the my account settings...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To fix this go to your clock and re sync Internet time.

This sounds like a problem with a time stamp.

This is probably occurring because u have turned off power to your pc and the motherboards battery is flat, the time is not sticking so re sync..

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Alright, covered. Super, super easy. All good. New Avatar in place!!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway
Had the same problem and posted a thread yesterday, but everything is fine today. I took another member's advice and switched to Chrome, i was using IE when the warning popped up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-8-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey,

I was wondering if someone would help me out since we are on the subject? I'm trying to build a visual model of what is going on here, but I need to know (go aheahd and chastise me for being lazy):

Aren't those warnings popping up simply because one of the advertisers forgot to update their SSL certificate/s?

Help me out here?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sauron

well for one it's Microsoft , I've been here 10 years or so and never had a problem.
This is a link I use every so often www.unmaskparasites.com... just paste the URL into the search bar.

I don't know how well this site works but I've never had a problem with it.

I just pasted ATS URL into there search bar here www.unmaskparasites.com... this link does not work

LOL checked a "well" known adult site and got error: Download Error. Please verify the URL

It is valid....

So much for sec check...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
when i click on an ats link my firewall comes down sometimes due to adware its the same with DTV

chances are someone has reported ATS as spam to Microsoft

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Stop using IE as your browser....there's others that are better: Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Pale Moon...the list goes on.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Stop using IE as your browser....there's others that are better: Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Pale Moon...the list goes on.

OH dear, cant help but think Bill and friends will soon be knocking on your door with base ball bats

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm using Chrome and find this site to be the worst I've ever been on for pop-up ads and potentially malicious garbage. I used to browse on my tablet and had lots of issues with pop-ups so downloaded Chrome for the tablet PURELY for this site. It helped.
But I'm on my laptop just now, using Chrome, and twice in the past 5 minutes some pop-up has appeared saying I'm running an out-of-date version of Java and it forces a download of some .exe file! I'm not stupid enough to open it, especially as I updated Java yesterday, but man this is really annoying. I've NEVER known a forum to be like this in all my years on the internet (I've been surfing message boards for almost 20 years). It really makes me think I should stop coming here.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfshead
I'm using Chrome and find this site to be the worst I've ever been on for pop-up ads and potentially malicious garbage. I used to browse on my tablet and had lots of issues with pop-ups so downloaded Chrome for the tablet PURELY for this site. It helped.
But I'm on my laptop just now, using Chrome, and twice in the past 5 minutes some pop-up has appeared saying I'm running an out-of-date version of Java and it forces a download of some .exe file! I'm not stupid enough to open it, especially as I updated Java yesterday, but man this is really annoying. I've NEVER known a forum to be like this in all my years on the internet (I've been surfing message boards for almost 20 years). It really makes me think I should stop coming here.

This site is a firm and as with all firms they wish to make money, nothing is for free

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: Wolfshead

This site is a firm and as with all firms they wish to make money, nothing is for free

So are all the other sites I use, and have used for almost two decades, without ever coming across anything like I see here.
Whatever that "setup.exe" file that downloaded itself twice tonight - from here - was, I'm sure it was malicious. Are you telling me this site is being paid to allow malicious files to be sent to the users?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It just happened again. I'm out.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amurphy245
Sometimes this happens to legit websites with google ,not sure what causes it

I get it going to forums sometimes, though never at ATS. I believe that its the result of a bad add banner at the time you try to go to the URL. If you try again, or a different page, and allow the advertisements to flip, it might go away.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Well, Firefox is the ONLY one imo. I don't think it's a browser issue. I updated my Flash program yesterday and forgot to "unclick" the link that automatically installs McAfee on my comp. I got pop ups. Guess they wanted me to but something. I deleted that crap asap.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfshead

That would be a virus you caught from another site or it was hidden in an email... Actually every "issue" you want to attribute to our site is a virus (all of them are well known and documented) that has absolutely nothing to do with this site.

You're a new member (only a few months) who is confused yet you want to lay blame on us for weirdness in your browser, why is that?

edit on 8-17-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Microsoft checks the websites as a non member and sometimes the websites security system triggers a warning,

Being a member causes some things from working and this part is not seen by the non member Microsoft.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
People are reporting this all across the internet with JAVA being the name coming up more often

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Basically what happens is that if people report it to MS that the site is dodgy then after it gets enough reports it starts to block the site in IE, could be some p---ed off people who received a dose of ban hammer looking to get some revenge or like a lot of sites that use 3rd party advertising services they can get hit by a dose of malware spammers hoping to do a hit and run before people realise and the ad-serving company has got banned by MS and thus anyone using them will be listed as suspect until they can sort it out

In What cornstalk did you find this babe? Nice avatar. All websites are subject to probing. Have you been probed lately? You get free stuff and you say ok and in the program you uploaded are lines traces of programs to monitor your computer use. Tracking where you go,where you been, who you chat to, emails accounts,your personal data in the computer, phone coversations if plugged into, what you watch and what you buy. WHAT a list aye. So i'm not surprised about all the snowden issues. I'm sure CHINA is hacked into many computer systems today. I'm sure every country has done this and still doing it now. Monitoring of your computer. They got to scam and make money off of you some how on the free stuff. GET YOUR FREE DOWNLOAD HERE.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's spreading... like the Ebola virus! I think it's funny there are do many different suggestions as to what this could be.
edit on 8/18/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join