It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft - blocked my access temporarily to ATS - 'Content on this website has been reported as un

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Shield icon

Content on this website has been reported as unsafe

My IP address xxxxxxx

Hosted by: www.abovetopsecret.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

Recommended icon Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

More information More information

The above is what the screen page stated - what is going on ? Has any one else had this alert.

I would show you the screen shot - but I have no idea how to upload into my library [ since ATS format change] plus do not know how to show PNG file.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sometimes this happens to legit websites with google ,not sure what causes it

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelenConway
I would show you the screen shot - but I have no idea how to upload into my library [ since ATS format change] plus do not know how to show PNG file.

Here you go. Stickied right here in the very forum you posted in:

How to POST PICTURES in Your Posts

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

Well i do get a 'javaupdate' window pop regularly that i know is a malicious - just refresh page and it usually goes away.

So there may well be others. Just happened trying to click on this thread AGAIN!!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Thank you - I will go now

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelenConway

Hit the little down arrow to the right of the "MyATS" selection in the menu bar at the top.
Pick "Upload".
Click the Upload Arrow
Select files

To change a picture from PNG to JPG, open Paint and load the image.
Save As
Choose JPEG.

Then upload it to ATS.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I suppose what I was saying is why does Microsoft have this site listed as having malicious content ? Sounds fishy to me ..
edit on 17-8-2014 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thank you - I just tried to upload but too large - so I will try to convert

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I understand that but if ATS is popping up malware then surely they are right to warn you of this?

Just because this is a conspiracy site doesn't make it a conspiracy

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Go linux .. problems solved ...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Deleted because realised it has my IP address showing !!!!!!!!!!!

Did it - thanks Guys for helping me...
I have never had this happen before .. strange IMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

well for one it's Microsoft , I've been here 10 years or so and never had a problem.
This is a link I use every so often www.unmaskparasites.com... just paste the URL into the search bar.

I don't know how well this site works but I've never had a problem with it.

I just pasted ATS URL into there search bar here www.unmaskparasites.com... this link does not work
edit on 17/8/2014 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/8/2014 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

what is going on ?

ALIENS!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Yes that is true

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
right now I have my first browser window that was open to ATS frozen, it still shows the "circling donut". so I had to open this one to be on ATS at this time. can't shut the first one down unless I turn-off or restart the computer itself. never happened on windows 7.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I suggest you no script, it will lets you control which scipts you allow and which you disallow. Even with this, some of your clicks (like on the youtube video) are jacked and registered by outside script. The kind of attack I see the most here is cross-scripting attack. In this form of attack the "hacker" inject a scripts in the code that a readed by your browser (desktop and mobile). The script may do many thing, as redirecting you to a fishy java update page.

edit on 17/8/2014 by Spationaute because: Added a great video that describe cross-scripting

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Bones or sauron...
It almost worked..
I was able to get pics to upload to my photos file...

But but when I go click the pic icon. Only a grey bar appears with the click X button..
And then nothing.

But in my photo files..
Everything I uploaded is there..

Do MODS have access to them?

Edit: I uploaded a mal ware screenshot from ATS..
An old one.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
right now I have my first browser window that was open to ATS frozen, it still shows the "circling donut". so I had to open this one to be on ATS at this time. can't shut the first one down unless I turn-off or restart the computer itself. never happened on windows 7.

If you are using windows 8 mine does it all the time, God I hate windows 8

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Some other member posted that they were getting the same warning with VIRGIN [uk]l for this site but a lot of work is going on with the infa structure on the net at the moment .

And Internet Explorer has been found to have serious flaws with older versions at the moment

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Basically what happens is that if people report it to MS that the site is dodgy then after it gets enough reports it starts to block the site in IE, could be some p---ed off people who received a dose of ban hammer looking to get some revenge or like a lot of sites that use 3rd party advertising services they can get hit by a dose of malware spammers hoping to do a hit and run before people realise and the ad-serving company has got banned by MS and thus anyone using them will be listed as suspect until they can sort it out

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join