Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

bible prophecies and recent world events.

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Just watched this video which some may find interesting. I'm not religious and I'm not trying to make out it's the end of days etc just think it's quite an interesting subject.

m.youtube.com...

he speaks about the rise of isis in Iraq and Assyria etc. The first 12 minutes are mainly news reports which you will have already seen so you might want to skip them.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642
That's the thing about biblical prophecy, isn't it? It can be twisted to fit just about anything one wants to believe. Just ask Harold Camping.

"It seems embarrassing for Family Radio. But God was in charge of everything. We came to that conclusion after quite careful study of the Bible" Harold Camping
Linky

edit on 8/17/2014 by Klassified because: spacing

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

When China seizes Turkey and dams up the rivers and marches its army south into Iran, then you can know that the biblical end of days as fundamentalist Christians describe is approaching. What Christian Zealots don't realize is that they cannot combine all of the prophecies of the scriptures, because there are competing prophecies. The future is not written in stone. There are several paths the world could take going forward, and Armageddon is just one possible outcome.

In fact, the world was meant to end in the days of Sampson and the world kept marching on. A tireless irate minority can hold reality into existence long after its expiration date and crisis after crisis can keep coming up, but we'll avert them every time. The adversary is trying to play a game of football, when in reality we are playing a game of baseball, and we keep pushing this thing into extra innings until we'll win.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm still holding-out on the hope Satan will repent so he can be forgiven too!

Solving the worlds riddles.
edit on (8/17/1414 by loveguy because: twice cooked pork is pork cooked twice

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yeah I would agree. The problem with most prophecies is the fact they tend to be very vague so the list of possible interpretations is endless. Just found some of his points quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on what you are looking for . This vid takes a interesting look at what we might be looking for near the end times .

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
I'm still holding-out on the hope Satan will repent so he can be forgiven too!

Solving the worlds riddles.

Enoch stumbled on the exact idea. God shows this to be his desire in this conversation with Enoch.

"Then the Lord with his own mouth called me, saying, Approach hither, Enoch, at my holy word. And He raised me up, making me draw near even to the entrance. My eye was directed to the ground. Then addressing me, He spoke and said, Hear, neither be afraid, O righteous Enoch, thou scribe of righteousness: approach hither, and hear my voice. Go, say to the Watchers of heaven [fallen angels], who have sent thee to pray for them,

You ought to pray for men, and not men for you.

Wherefore have you forsaken the lofty and holy heaven, which endures forever, and have lain with women; have defiled yourselves with the daughters of men; have taken to yourselves wives; have acted like the sons of the earth, and begotten an impious offspring?"

Satan must repent. Now for the real question. Why are we here as fallen beings? Know thyself.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what you think you mean? That would be helpful, thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Read the comment I was responding to. My response points out that repentance must include turning and facing truth. The watchers wanted Enoch to get them off the hook with God. In response, God showed the truth. Pray for the good of others first. Truth is the will of God, which is giving and not taking. Thieves take. Good gives. What motivated the Watchers? Self preservation, or taking.

God is shown our true heart by actions. All of us need the help to repent, but repentance only comes by turning the correct way. Seeking the good of others is the fruit of repentance.
edit on 17-8-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm not religious but if I was to say I had a religion I believed in I'd say it would be my own conscience. People know in their own head what is right and what is wrong. If you can live each day doing your best to do what you believe is right, then I'm sure your judgement wouldn't be too harsh (whoever that judge might be).

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I have been looking at the subject of the ben Joseph for awhile and have a bit of a different opinion of him. What I figured out was this.

According to the books of Malachi and Zechariah it appears that the job of Messiah was supposed to have been a 4 man job. The Lord, the 2 branches or messengers of Malachi, and Elijah the prophet. And according to Zechariah and the book of Matthew 3 of them have come and gone. But one still has yet to appear. Per Zechariah each branch is supposed to build a Jewish temple. There is still one yet to go. And per Revelation 11 the branches are the witnesses of Revelation. Therefore the person who rebuilds the next Jewish temple cannot be the Antichrist.
Rather he is one of the witnesses.

And for the op. Is it the end times? I would say so. Based on two prophesies. First off Matthew 24.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Has this been fulfilled? I would say yes. Based on this.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

With these verses Jesus Christ is comparing end time events to leaves on a tree in springtime. And when you see an end time event then know that summer is near and coming. So has there been an actual end time event to let us know that the generation has started? Yes. The creation of the state of Israel in 1948. A end time event predicted in multiple places in the bible.

My best guess is that the generation of Matthew 24-34 is around 66 years old now. Its running out of time.

2nd prophecy to look at. The day of Jezreel prophecy of the book of Hosea.

In that prophecy it was predicted that Israel and Judah were going to face a long term Leviticus 26 curse. However in verses 6-1 through 6-3 we're given the timeframe of the curse. 2 days. Followed by a day of blessings. The day of Jezreel. However these days are not as they seem at first glance. It's in a code. Decipherable by looking at 2nd Peter 3-8 or Psalms 90-4.

These days are thousand year periods of time.

Essentially it's predicted that Israel would face a 2000 year curse followed by a thousand year period of peace.

So based on both prophesies I would put the Apocalypse in the 2020s. We're getting very close now.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Based on every interpretation I've seen and various other prophetic sources, even non-Christian ones, the End Times can be placed at some point here in the next decade. They could start (or may be starting even now) as early as this year or next or may be a few years off, but if they are going to fall out, it will be soon.

Based on my personal feelings which are in no way scientific nor do I believe myself prophetic, I have been drawn to Revelation since a young age, on my own. I don't know why, but sometimes, I think it's because God is sending me a message. So, I pray and try to maintain a place of humility in my heart.

I hope to God I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually if I have it figured out correctly it would seem that the first 5 seals of Revelation may have already opened. We're waiting for the ben Joseph messiah to trigger off the 6th one. Here's a verse to look at.

Daniel 11-2
2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

This is the first event of the end times according to Daniel. And this is a perfectly accurate description of the 9-11 attacks on the US. But what is eerier? The 2nd and 3rd events that are predicted by Daniel 8.

Daniel 8
1 In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first.
2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.
3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.
5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.
7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.

17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.
19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

According to Daniel the next events are that 2 nations or kings in the middle east would be conquered by the "Greece" from Daniel 11.

At the moment Daniel appears to be 3 for 3 when it comes to end time events. Event 4 is what I'm worried about now.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Not many speak of the ones who hold it back.

new topics

top topics

join