It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local news edits 4 year old news interview to make him look like a future criminal thug

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I want you, ATS, to watch this short video here. THIS is why i do not trust ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that comes out of that damn idiot box called the Television. Watch.

This little kid says he's going to get himself a gun... and be the police in his violent neighborhood. A 4 year old says this, in response to the constant shooting by the thug population in that inner city area.

They INTENTIONALLY snip out the last bit where he says that he is going to be the police in his neighborhood.

Why would they do this? How far reaching if is this practice of social defamation? And most importantly, do you think that something like this would have an effect on the perceptions and opinions that the rest of society has on our race (black people) and social class (low income)? I have the obvious answers to all of these questions, but i want to here ATS's take on it.

I recognize that the social problems that plagues our community' involve s harming one another and ourselves, as many will quickly point out. After all, you, I, are responsible for or decisions. But what angers me is the thick, multi-layered level of manipulation of information and outlook on black not only in America, but in the world. The media is used to propagate the myth that blacks are naturally prone to drug dealing, baggy pants, violent rap music, degradation of women, gun-held-sideways shooting, gaudy jewelry and excessive bravado and aggression. "It's a culture" is the mindless, baseless line that is uttered over and over again without people fully understanding what they are saying, including black people. What is purposefully hidden, and disregarded by people, is the organized program of psychological manipulation and social programming destruction of local economy, education, recreational centers and religious institutions, the trafficking of drugs and guns into these areas, and then the pervasive, constant marketing of negative entertainment culture that was instituted over several generations which was used to produce a desirable result; a higher probability to produce a violent, irrational, low minded, dependent, ignorant individual.

And no, i am not blaming whitey, as in any random white person walking down the street. Nor does slavery have anything to do with it. That is an uninformed, emotional, knee jerk response that too many people spout, which equally pisses me off.

How were whites and other non-blacks programmed How were there thoughts manipulated? One way would be an example of that video. Media manipulation.

This one single news clip is not going to prove anything by itself, but is only one instance of one factor of a large over reaching problem of manipulation of our thoughts and feelings, and actions.
edit on 17-8-2014 by bigman88 because: Did not embed video correctly.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Recording interviews and editing them to use quotes out of context is nothing new.
Happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Recording interviews and editing them to use quotes out of context is nothing new.
Happens all the time.

Not being new doesn't make it right. Think about all the videos out there!!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

So your point is no big deal? That's it? Nothing indicative of a larger issue, and an organized, purposefully executed issue at that? The fact that they did this on purpose? Or do you think it was innocent mistake, and i'm puffing about nothing?

Maybe if this was framed in a different context applicable to more people? Say like freaking WAR?

Anything jangling in there, sir?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
And the folks who did the editing feels absolutely comfortable lying on a child,while they tucked their own in bed,depressing.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88

So your point is no big deal? That's it? Nothing indicative of a larger issue, and an organized, purposefully executed issue at that? The fact that they did this on purpose? Or do you think it was innocent mistake, and i'm puffing about nothing?

Maybe if this was framed in a different context applicable to more people? Say like freaking WAR?

Anything jangling in there, sir?

It is a very big deal. Becoming aware of the fact is a lesson in applying critical thinking when watching mainstream broadcasts. That is one reason I don't own a television and only rarely watch it.
It is more often than not no innocent mistake on their part.
Puff away. I'm puffing pissed about the situation myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

That is one reason I don't own a television and only rarely watch it.

speaking of context...which is it ? you own a tv you rarely watch ?..or you don't own one ?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
And the folks who did the editing feels absolutely comfortable lying on a child,while they tucked their own in bed,depressing.

In this economy I don't think anyone can afford to walk away from a job. I think there's going to be masses of anonymous whistle blowing. Times they are a changing!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

speaking of context...which is it ? you own a tv you rarely watch ?..or you don't own one ?

I know other people. Sometimes I spend time with them at their place. They have televisions that seem to always be on. The bar I frequent has 5 of them on the wall.
I don't personally own one. I shot the last television I will ever own.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Great thread, don't let the shills and downplayers get you down .

There was once upon a time I believed news was just news. But outright manipulation, lies and painting a story to fit an agenda seems to be the status quo nowadays. Worst thing is that if anyone questions what newspapers or TV say they get looked at like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I know other people. Sometimes I spend time with them at their place. They have televisions that seem to always be on. The bar I frequent has 5 of them on the wall.
I don't personally own one. I shot the last television I will ever own.

then i would think you found a good use for that bullet...a good way to censor the garbage that it spews out

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

Typical anti-2d Amendment tactics with some spin added to tie-in societal stress.

Good find ... good exposure. S&F

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

Here's an interesting thread that suggests that the destruction of Black families, culture, ethics, self esteem, employment and so on is all by design.

Also kill off as many as possible through Gang Violence while putting countless others into the highly profitable prison system.

Who knows?, sounds like it could be possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

Here's an interesting thread that suggests that the destruction of Black families, culture, ethics, self esteem, employment and so on is all by design.

Also kill off as many as possible through Gang Violence while putting countless others into the highly profitable prison system.

Who knows?, sounds like it could be possible.

i haven't read your links but reading what you said..that just made my stomach turn.....since money drives many that would actually make alot of sense....i would go as far as to say probable not possible

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yes, it's disgusting that they edited the interview in that manner, however...

It's far more disturbing that the assumption is that an African-American with a gun is either a criminal or a police officer.

That's the subtext.

I watched it, and there shouldn't have been any problem with him saying what he said about having a gun when he's grown up. The statement didn't need the part about being a police officer in order to be an innocuous and reasonable thing to say.

It's a constitutional right, after all.
edit on 17-8-2014 by joechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Happens all the time.

It should stop. It's called yellow journalism.

This little boy was blatantly edited. The little boy said he wanted to be a police officer, but the news told us that he wanted to be a thug.

Thousands probably watched that, nodded their heads, and said "Yep... wants to be a thug". Case closed.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
Great thread, don't let the shills and downplayers get you down .

There was once upon a time I believed news was just news. But outright manipulation, lies and painting a story to fit an agenda seems to be the status quo nowadays. Worst thing is that if anyone questions what newspapers or TV say they get looked at like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.

although I believe what you say about manipulation, as I have seen it myself, there is a danger of NOT BELIEVING ANYTHING YOU HEAR OR SEE, due to the belief that everything is manipulated.....those people can go off the deep edge pretty quickly
edit on 17-8-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Didn't seem like a future thug to me, just seemed like a smart kid.

"You gonna stay away from all these guns?"

No, he's going to defend himself instead of waiting 20 minutes for the cops to show up.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Very shamefull and very commonplace..I do not watch any news on the idiot box, because it has been slanted since..well forever really.
I get it here or on my local talk/news radio station.
Its disgusting but what can be done?..let the station know they are disgusting but they already know that and i doubt they care..so wrapped up in agenda's.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Id rather be homeless and buck naked in the street, than pay for warmth and food with a job that requires this kind of moral callousness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join