It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If they would have just gone home at curfew none of this would be necessary"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The ability to assemble "peacefully" is now a privilege granted by the state.

It is not a right.

If it were a right, then you would be able to freely "peacefully assemble" any damned time you wanted to.

do you not read and understand reality beezer?
watch any of the news.

the peaceable assembly was throwing fire bombs, shooting at news helicopters and the police,
burning buildings, breaking and entering closed businesses, arson, theft stealing, assaulting police with deadly force-----do you believe that is protected under the first amendment? what is in that pipe...

edit on 17/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Nice red herring.
you seem to think that it's alright for the government to tell these people when they can peaceably assemble.
I asked that question to get clarification on my part.

That is not what I said and you know it, I even capitalized PEACEFULLY, don't be dishonest.

red herring pffft,

MY quote

But, as terrible as it is that this man had to lose his life for cigars, it is also terrible that the store owners are innocent victims of criminals that could and should protest, PEACEFULLY.

Stop being disingenuous
edit on 123131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

They weren't peacefully protesting, that's the issue, they've been looting and destroying. Business owners had to arm themselves. This is why there's a curfew.

If these morons were burning your city, you'd want a curfew, with cops to enforce it.

Where I come from, we police our own far better than the police can ever hope to do. If morons were rioting and trying to burn my city down, then myself and my fellow citizens would not let those morons get away. Those morons would be much safer in the hands of the police than with vigilant citizens willing to do the dirty work.
edit on 17-8-2014 by jrod because: abc

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut
DEATH WISH? Media Draws Map to Home of Ferguson Police Officer Who Shot Mike Brown

CNN broadcast a report Friday that showed the house, including the street number, of the Ferguson police officer who police say shot Mike Brown. The officer has been in hiding due to death threats since the shooting last Saturday. His name, Darren Wilson, was just released Friday morning.

Another news outlet apologized for broadcasting video of Wilson’s home while others have virtually drawn a map to Wilson’s house for those bent on vengeance.

link

I guess you think this i ok too?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

watch any of the news.

the peaceable assembly was throwing fire bombs, shooting at news helicopters and the police,
burning buildings, breaking and entering closed businesses, arson, theft stealing, assaulting police with deadly force-----do you believe that is protected under the first amendment? what is in that pipe...

Nice try. I suppose you are also of the same group that wants to ban all firearms because someone did something idiotic with a handgun.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I don't see where I'm being disingenuous when i clearly asked you a question about what your original posting was saying.
I see you have since edited it heavily.

:EOMS back on topic:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

DEATH WISH? Media Draws Map to Home of Ferguson Police Officer Who Shot Mike Brown

CNN broadcast a report Friday that showed the house, including the street number, of the Ferguson police officer who police say shot Mike Brown. The officer has been in hiding due to death threats since the shooting last Saturday. His name, Darren Wilson, was just released Friday morning.

Another news outlet apologized for broadcasting video of Wilson’s home while others have virtually drawn a map to Wilson’s house for those bent on vengeance.

link

I guess you think this i ok too?

Seriously, you actually started a smear campaign against me?
of course that's not ok

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

watch any of the news.

Nice try. I suppose you are also of the same group that wants to ban all firearms because someone did something idiotic with a handgun.

Now Bee, you know full well I am not in that group, is this really you?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

do you teach your kids/ relatives kids to follow the law???

Neg. They know wrong from right and their smart enough to
ask if they have any questions. What I do most definitely teach them?
Is that upon any contact with an officer. You conduct yourself
with respect towards him as you would any working man. If you
somehow get arrested? You maintain respect and comply immediately.
If the cop returns the respect and courtesy or not, is most
indicative of whether or not he's a good or bad cop. Does that
answer your question? And I just remind them, there's good and bad
in everybody. The police are no different.

edit on Rpm81714v21201400000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

Ma'am, forcing a curfew to control a few rioters and looters is the same thing as creating draconian gun laws to prevent a few idiots who would cause harm.

There should never be a justification to curb rights.

you lose your rights when you burn down businesses.

No.

I'm sorry, but NO.

You NEVER (let me repeat that: NEVER) loose your rights....unless you move to another country and recount your citizenship.

Good lord......

You loose privileges. But you do not loose your rights as a citizen.

By thinking that way, you are allowing the government to turn your rights into privileges and the Constitution of the United States of America is NOT a list of PRIVILEGES.

my god........

link   
Well I also had empathy for the shop owner, that got robbed, bullied and then had his shop burned down.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Excuse me but you don't have the right to burn done businesses, that is not a right.

I give up,

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Not true.

If you are labeled a felon, drug addict, or mentally unstable then regardless of your citizenship, you loose many rights. I know from first hand experience that many of those labeled as one of the above are given that label for the wrong reasons.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What disturbs me most as an American is not only the lack of outrage over last night's tactical police action against a handful of soaked protesters, but also the mass decry of Ferguson citizens around the net and seeming blanket call for the surrender of theirs (and ours along with them) constitutional rights. And what about the government's plain as day limitation of freedom of press?

I, like my father, grandfather, great grandfather and many other family members and good friends, am a veteran. I've been around the world a piece; I've seen "how it's done" in a few other places where the citizenry are not protected by or even understand the possibility of rights we Americans take for granted every day of our lives. Places like that, the people have to fight and kill to keep what trivial freedom they do have and often die violently in the process or find themselves with a half extinct extended family tree. They have to fight or submit and live extremely subservient lives, perpetually in fear of what their own government apparatus or the next faction that replaces it will do to their persons if they dare something benevolent as publicly expressing themselves.

Yes, we still have "it" rather good in America, although the walls have and continue to close in on our so-called constitutionally guaranteed rights. I did not serve my country so that police in "up armored" vehicles, armed and garbed like infantry squads could get away with enforcing suspension of any of those rights I grew to adulthood wanting to defend as my forefathers defended, the rights we all take advantage of; the rights that enable us to do just about whatever we desire. Sure you say, "Freedom is an illusion, and authority must be be obeyed, order maintained at all costs, at any cost, get over it."

Inch by inch we the people have given up ground year after year in this country despite the heck of a lot of blood that was shed on more than one occasion fighting over that so vaunted hallowed ground. So go ahead and convince yourselves (America) that our constitutional rights need not be practiced in the rain, in the middle of the night, or while defying a constitutionally questionable curfew. Convince yourselves today, so that tomorrow when we all have less room to move between the glassed in sides of this terrarium Americana, ours will not be to question why but to bow our heads and comply.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: randyvs

Let me add this

Do you find it appropriate for the news media to show where this cop lives?

What about his family and their safety?

The media did that? Are you?

My fellow member, I would consider that an act of war.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Excuse me but you don't have the right to burn done businesses, that is not a right.

I give up,

No one is saying people have a right to burn other people's property down, or steal their property.

However, if you do those things, you are breaking the law and will (or should be arrested). Even then however, you do NOT LOOSE your constitutional rights.

Your rights are even read to you as you are being arrested.

Some people burn down a building, break into places and steal.......therefore we should make everyone stay home at night.

No.

Therefore we should go out and stop those people from doing that, and/or arrest those involved in doing that.

They want to stop crimes from happening. That is cool. I'm down with that.

They want to stop crimes from happening by taking away people's constitutional rights?

No, I'm NOT down with that.

This is right up there with wanting to make people more healthy so we need to pass laws against how much salt and sugar they intake.........

This is right up there with the thought of: Hey! If we make it against the law to own a gun, then there will be no crime, right?

This is right up there with: let us completely ignore the constitution, and instead make people do what we want them to do because we want all our citizens to be good little boys and girls.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

watch any of the news.

Now Bee, you know full well I am not in that group, is this really you?

It's me. Addressing the fact that if you only support SOME freedoms and rights, then you might as well give up.

The Bill of Rights is not an ala carte menu that people can pick and choose.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We are first citizens, what we become after that depends on the policies inflicted?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beez,
I'm dumb founded that the media exposed that cops residence.
There should be a law against that under every circumstance.
Gawd this country is more effed up than I thought!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: beezzer

Beez,
I'm dumb founded that the media exposed that cops residence.
There should be a law against that under every circumstance.
Gawd this country is more effed up than I thought!

The media has their own agenda. They can't sell advertising if there is no "drama". So they create it. They fuel the flames. They incite riots then report on it.

The media are cowards and scum. The looters are cowards and scum. The rioters are cowards and scum.

The people who want to freely, peacefully protest?

They are you and me. Just simple folks who have issues and the rights to air their issues.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join