It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If they would have just gone home at curfew none of this would be necessary"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

They weren't peacefully protesting, that's the issue, they've been looting and destroying. Business owners had to arm themselves. This is why there's a curfew.

If these morons were burning your city, you'd want a curfew, with cops to enforce it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Necrobile

Seems to be working here.

And enforcing a curfew to protect peoples property from opportunistic rioters is also necessary.

Curfew is something that parents give their kids.

Period.

As a responsible adult, living in a country where you are suppose to be free, allowing your city, county or state government to dictate when you are allowed, or not allowed to leave your home is: IDIOTIC.

Allowing your government to dictate things like this, is allowing the government to become your parent or nanny.

There should be NO LAW at all that says I can not leave my home, and join others to star gaze and do astronomy late at night (or as with most meteor showers, occur in the wee hours in the morning).

There should be NO LAW that says I can not take a stroll down the street to a store on a nice night.

There should be NO LAW that infringes on my freedoms because of the problem of a few, that the cops do not want to have to deal with.

By allowing a curfew to be enforced, any city, county or state population is allowing their government to dictate how they can live, and when they are allowed to have their constitutional rights.

You should be outraged and demanding the curfew be removed.

Not happily allowing it to happen because the cops can't do their job and stop people for doing things bad at night.

What's next? Curfew during the day because they can't stop them during the day???

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Ma'am, forcing a curfew to control a few rioters and looters is the same thing as creating draconian gun laws to prevent a few idiots who would cause harm.

There should never be a justification to curb rights.

the first amendment only protects the right to peacefully assemble.

the second does not protect the right to use a gun to murder or fire on police officers.

curfew is good.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

the business owners in the area have been paying taxes.
it is police job to protect the property and law abiding citizens.

And trigger happy cops shooting unarmed people, doesn't seem to be
to be working towards any positive results in my view.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

Ma'am, forcing a curfew to control a few rioters and looters is the same thing as creating draconian gun laws to prevent a few idiots who would cause harm.

the second does not protect the right to use a gun to murder or fire on police officers.

curfew is good.

"Curfew is good" unless you want to peacefully assemble.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

curfew is good.

and they do their deeds under the cover of darkness.

the curfew begins at dark and lasts till 5am beezer.

what responsible trustworthy law abiding person is going to be peacefully demonstrating at 2 am.

use some common sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A curfew can in certain situations be a good thing, and the right thing..

Problem is its a razors edge difference between the right time... and the wrong time to implement it.

To me it should never be accepted without knowing the facts of the situation, right now there seems to be about 3 different narratives surrounding the situation.

But as far as Curfews, here is a hypothetical... people from surrounding towns come to Ferguson to riot/loot and then go home, cops enact curfews and punish the people that live in Ferguson, while those that did the lions share of looting get off scott free. *shrugs* and no I do not know the right path to walk for either side... it might be to late to fix and the violence might have to come for things to get set right.

Prayers go out to the good people on both sides .

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

randy, i know that you are from the west coast, and
i will try to explain this accordingly.

the dead kid had just committed a lot of crimes,
some of them upon the police officer who shot him.

as i am glad that homeowners can shoot to kill home invaders, likewise if the police need to shoot to stop crime then so be it.

moral: follow the law or face the sometimes seriously fatal consequences. capiche?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

curfew is good.

what responsible trustworthy law abiding person is going to be peacefully demonstrating at 2 am.

use some common sense.

If I want to exercise my rights to assemble freely at 2am, then by god I should be able to!

Freedom doesn't have a time limit.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

the business owners in the area have been paying taxes.
it is police job to protect the property and law abiding citizens.

And trigger happy cops shooting unarmed people, doesn't seem to be
to be working towards any positive results in my view.

randy do you have any children or nephews and nieces?

i bet you teach them to follow laws right??

when someone is not following the law there can be up to fatal consequences.

it is a good thing to introduce the possibility of serious injury and death into the path of career criminals.

yes i am aware this robber and assaulter was an angel.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

curfew is good.

use some common sense.

If I want to exercise my rights to assemble freely at 2am, then by god I should be able to!

sorry that i asked you to use common sense.
it is not that common.

you want to assemble FREELY at 2am?
the police want you to be in bed having visions of sugarplumbs.

the first amendment says to peacefully assemble not freely assemble/.

if they would have been peaceful i doubt there would have been a curfew.
since they were violent and destructive they brought the curfew on themselves.
actions have consequences.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Your posts in this thread are FULL of assumptions about what happened, when you don't know any more than the rest of us. You've made up your mind what happened and therefore, consider it "truth". You don't know the truth. You're working from biased assumptions.

That's all I'm going to say about your posts.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good lord, we've taken leave of our senses? Does "two-sides to every story" ring any bells? Anywhere?

So, it's okay to talk about this, as long as the victim and blacks are portrayed as nothing less than angelic.

It's okay to talk about the police as long as they are presented as devils.

Shooting this young man was wrong. Tearing up this town, getting "free-stuff", from businesses that had to purchase it, is wrong.

Some where in the middle lies the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

curfew is good.

use some common sense.

first amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

it does not read freely it reads peaceably.
you know the second by heart now your next lesson is the first

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

moral: follow the law or face the sometimes seriously fatal consequences. capiche?

Nope, I 100% disagree. See what you are implying? Negates the need for a club, tazer
and mace. Further more the cops are trained not to fire on an unarmed man. Once
the cop had the drop on Brown it should've ended. A whole different thought has to
happen for the decision to fire any way. The cop made a conscious decision to kill
an unarmed kid. A trained officer? Maybe his mace can was empty?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

you want to assemble FREELY at 2am?
the police want you to be in bed having visions of sugarplumbs.

The police can want, it doesn't change the fact that people have the RIGHT to be out on any street when they want to be there, regardless of what a thug in uniform demands.

The difference here is policing with consent. That's what we have in the UK, the police directly answerable to the public. You have a police force inflicting rules and regulations on a public without their consent, and without any remit from the people to do so. Who are they answerable to? No one seems to know, and what's worse, people like you don't seem to care.

You accept an authoritarian rule as long as it works in agreement with your personal beliefs and opinions, yet the moment they do something to attack your rights and freedoms you would be the first one screaming about it - in exactly the same way others are now.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

i really do not care or want to know what your opinion of me is.

do you have any comments about the recent revelations that the kid was assaulting a business owner, robbed the store assaulted the cop and then suffered the ultimate consequence of criminals.
why do kids need cigars BH?

so they can remove the tobacco and insert dusted marijuana
(dusted means it is sprinkled with PCP of some other drug)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

and you are telling me this from the united kingdom?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

you lose your rights when you burn down businesses.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Your posts in this thread are FULL of assumptions about what happened, when you don't know any more than the rest of us. You've made up your mind what happened and therefore, consider it "truth". You don't know the truth. You're working from biased assumptions.

That's all I'm going to say about your posts.

Translation: he was a black kid, he was accused of a crime, so ending his life was acceptable.

This is terrifying, that any American would believe this to be a justified use of force is absolutely insane. Is it racism? Is it psychopathy? I have no idea, I just find it sickening that any sane person can even suggest that shooting someone dead for "disobeying a police officer" is even remotely acceptable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join