It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If they would have just gone home at curfew none of this would be necessary"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I can guarantee that those words combined together into that sentence just forced a neurological response from one of you in the form of a cringe.

Yes, somebody on twitter thought that.

Is this a side to the new generation? With the changing of the status quo,
will they change with it and ultimately defend it on a larger scale?

This is about what's happening in Ferguson with the implementation of the curfew from 12-5.

But imagine a near-future where a mandatory curfew exists for all citizens, defy it....and well.. you get someone like OP telling you that whatever happens to you afterwards is avoidable if you just went along with it all, knowing full well how wrong it is.
Especially in the nation that purports itself to be the land of the free.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That's not possible in a city with over 5k people.....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yep ill do whatever I want as long as I dont destroy my community in the process. Sorry for those who don't get that...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
There are a lot of people that feel that way. There are even more younger people that do. My daughter is 17. Since she's been (almost) through school I have noticed something sinister.

They are not expecting me or people in my generation to lovingly accept marshal law or anything else. They are preparing the next generation to do it and it is working far better than many people are aware of.

I have tried my best to raise my daughter to question everything, don't expect anything for free, don't depend on the government for your food, shelter, etc., know your rights, exercise your rights, and so on. BUT, sometimes her peers and public education peeps through and I bang my head trying to figure out why? How?

Why and how indeed... These people are around my child more than I am. They are being taught to listen to any authority figure as they would God. Do it and do it now... Don't ask questions. The government will supply everything you need from birth until death. They love you and know what's best for you.

THESE are mainly the ones who are all to eager to accept something like this with open arms. They've been taught to do so since birth by everyone and everything around them. The schools have your children more than you do for a reason. It takes two parents working to survive these days for a reason.

Think about it.

If this doesn't happen in our generation.... The next generation will welcome it with glee and excitement. So they can just bide their time.

If people can not stand up for these people's right to peacefully protest DAY OR NIGHT then they do not deserve rights themselves IMO. When people scream to stop these people's rights to do the above because some choose to act like they don't know how to live amongst normal folks... They don't deserve their own rights. Once you open that door, you can't close it and of you think you can, dumbassery abounds.
edit on 8/17/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There has been talk on local news about placing a curfew for youth in baltimore maryland.

Source

I heard this on the news and instantly thought of this as a method of indoctrinating the youth to accept militarized police and curfews. This way when they get to their parents age, it is commonplace and "how it has always been"
edit on 17-8-2014 by Vortiki because: Wasnt done writing

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Then those don't have parents like me saying, " look at this!! " This is not a generation issue. This is a person with their head in the sand issue!!

I showed my children this horrible act. I told them how and why the peaceful protesters were in the right. I even showed them what a sit in was ( which is what I thought should have happened. )

MY kids don't have their head in the sand!!

a reply to: yourmaker

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

But imagine a near-future where a mandatory curfew exists for all citizens, defy it....and well..

You get raped in the alley by Creedy's Fingerman. This incident is one in a series of incidents culminating to this.

A tragic terrorist attack made it easy to kick up the war machine.

Mass shootings to justify the militarization of the police without notice.

Small scale riots to measure tactics and effectiveness.

Next comes the storm.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It's imperative you speak up. I never made the connection but, my kids grew up hearing" think for yourself ","be a leader not a follower", my son was getting in horrible trouble and the school was calling him a liar.

My son called my Dad on speaker phone. My Dad sat and listened to an adult verbally abuse my child until my Dad yelled ,"wtf is talking to my grandchild like that?! " and that principal then tried to write up my child for having a cell phone.

You have to speak up! Honestly the worst is when people learn that's there's an issue to address and its a surprise. As a parent your tools are the BOE and the PTA. You have a right to know the curriculum. You should be able to do what I do and tell my kids that its stupidity. My kids also don't sign anything.

When I was younger those I will not drink pledges were used against children. Because they signed a legal document. They have children that can't read signing papers all day at school. That can't be a good habit to get into!!

Our children are our responsibility.

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
There are a lot of people that feel that way. There are even more younger people that do. My daughter is 17. Since she's been (almost) through school I have noticed something sinister.

They are not expecting me or people in my generation to lovingly accept marshal law or anything else. They are preparing the next generation to do it and it is working far better than many people are aware of.

I have tried my best to raise my daughter to question everything, don't expect anything for free, don't depend on the government for your food, shelter, etc., know your rights, exercise your rights, and so on. BUT, sometimes her peers and public education peeps through and I bang my head trying to figure out why? How?

Why and how indeed... These people are around my child more than I am. They are being taught to listen to any authority figure as they would God. Do it and do it now... Don't ask questions. The government will supply everything you need from birth until death. They love you and know what's best for you.

THESE are mainly the ones who are all to eager to accept something like this with open arms. They've been taught to do so since birth by everyone and everything around them. The schools have your children more than you do for a reason. It takes two parents working to survive these days for a reason.

Think about it.

If this doesn't happen in our generation.... The next generation will welcome it with glee and excitement. So they can just bide their time.

If people can not stand up for these people's right to peacefully protest DAY OR NIGHT then they do not deserve rights themselves IMO. When people scream to stop these people's rights to do the above because some choose to act like they don't know how to live amongst normal folks... They don't deserve their own rights. Once you open that door, you can't close it and of you think you can, dumbassery abounds.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Trust me... I do. I speak up every time that I see it. I have always taken the time to explain things and correct things because I do want her to be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem. But they will still pick up things here and there regardless of how hard you try. The only thing you can do is take the time to talk about it when it comes up. It's definitely a full time job. I was blessed enough to be able to stay at home with her through all but maybe a year and a half of her life. I can only imagine how hard it is sometimes for parents when they both work 60 hours a week just to eat. There aren't that many chances to correct or explain when the schedules are so full.

Kids are truly like sponges. They soak up everything and it's a little like mission impossible to stop it all. You just hope that you are doing all that you can for them and not sending them out into the world woefully unprepared.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I agree our kids pick up terrible habits, we have to be constantly vigilante. Its a struggle to teach my children to play the game. They're just too honest and open. That shouldn't be a bad thing. This world we live in is scary.

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Whats wrong with curfews?

They protect us just like our free speech zones do.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I think you are definitely onto something. I have noticed that although I specifically bought my kids up to question
everything, and they use to, today they seem to accecp what I call rubbish instructions. e.g. I use my bank regularly, after a meeting with a representative there, I went downstairs with my younger son to withdraw money and pay it into another account for a mortgage. They wouldn't allow me to do so, because I didn't have identification - my passport - on me. They all knew me damn it.

Yes of course I kicked off, at my age when I come across 'rubbish establishment nonsense I do certainly kick off and let the jobs worth darn well know about it. My son was horrified as he thought it was right to loose my parking space, drive home, drive back hunt for another space and then toil into the bank. Needless to say I was aided out by son. But I take consolation that everyone there knew about stupidness that cost me money, yeah small amount, time and inconvenience, for a rule that didn't make sense. What really bothered me was my son's attitude in accepting such a restriction on one's own money. I wasn't taking it out only transferring it.

I do think it goes back to Margaret Thatcher who sounded the death knoll on freedom for the people when she said Britaion was becoming ungovernable et the elite might have to work and share more with the workers - wee we all know that didn't happen and there are certainly fewer workers today. Relieved by mass immigration into the UI. I suspect the baby boomers were the last real free individuals in the UK, but we are fighting back.

I do think thought that in places like Ferguson, the issue isn't about freedom - many have that all day long as there are no jobs, its more about hatred for white authority - but if more blacks were in the police force and applied for jobs there, it would balance out.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If this curfew happened in England people would say "this is what happens when you unarm your citizens".

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Is this a side to the new generation? With the changing of the status quo,
will they change with it and ultimately defend it on a larger scale?

This is about what's happening in Ferguson with the implementation of the curfew from 12-5.

But imagine a near-future where a mandatory curfew exists for all citizens, defy it....and well.. you get someone like OP telling you that whatever happens to you afterwards is avoidable if you just went along with it all, knowing full well how wrong it is.
Especially in the nation that purports itself to be the land of the free.

Yes!
Even here in Ireland the conditioning starts young, the mantra "If you got nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about!" Is spouted to defend any 'liberties' the police take with your rights.
I see it all around me esp with young people who through crappy indoctrination and being denied an education essentially become part of the system themselves making people suspicious and afraid of each other.
By education I mean being taught how to think critically and evaluate.
Instead being taught what to think.

Normalisation of oppression morphs into 'how things are'
Which is accepted without question.

The new generations being raised accept the falsehood that we exist to serve government.
When it actually should be the other way around.

edit on 8/17/14 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

In England we have always had the 'so-called luck' to produce "jobs worths" and this policy we are all seeing probably goes right through to our Universities also. Time I had another chat with my lad.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why does this event in Furgeson seam to be spinning out of control with no one at the helm and no one stepping up that has a clue what to do.

What made these cops think that after they let them loot for a second time they would adhere to a curfew ?

Its almost as if this whole event was set up to fail and spin out of control.

I can't help but wonder when other city's will start with solidarity riots for the people in Furgeson .

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I was talking to somebody about the events of last night and you know what their reply was?
"If they just did what they were told none of this would be happening".....
Needless to say my jaw hit the floor!
After my brain comprehended what they said, they got a lecture and I'm pretty sure I had smoke coming out of my ears.
Yep, lets all just do what we're told...like good little boys and girls.
Whatever you do don't ask any questions .... Grrr
edit on 17-8-2014 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker
why would any of these people go home at the curfew.
they do not work or have jobs so they do not need to be rested.

the troublemakers are staying up all night and raising hell and trouble.

the troublemakers are interspersing themselves with the peaceful protesters
and hiding behind the skirts to practice their mischief.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Before everyone jumps on the "public schools are creating zombies of our children" bandwagon, I would like to remind everyone that there are teachers out there who take our responsibility seriously. My students are little ones, so it's not quite appropriate to bring a topic like riots to the table...but there are other ways to teach them to think for critically.

My husband, who teaches middle school social studies, already has lesson plans drawn up that focus on Ferguson and similar incidents. And it won't be the government line of "this is for your own good," either.

The point is, if we don't teach the upcoming generations that liberty requires constant vigilance, then they will lose it. But the apathy of so many in our society today is hard to overcome.
edit on 17-8-2014 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I can guarantee that those words combined together into that sentence just forced a neurological response from one of you in the form of a cringe.

It certainly got me to open the thread to ask you what in the WORLD makes you think they should adhere to a curfew! I'm glad to see that it wasn't your thought, but someone else's.

I was watching a young woman from Ferguson on CNN, and she was talking about the curfew and how some people would NOT adhere. She said she probably would, because she had small kids and didn't want to take any chances to cause them strife. I understood her point, but she supported those who didn't want to adhere, as well. She was really impressive! While she was talking, I just got the most overwhelming feeling of respect for the peaceful protestors there. They are on the front lines of this "rebellion" of the people to the oppression of the authorities. They've got GUTS!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join