It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Your Skin on Sunscreen - (and) Aliens that can see us but we can't see them.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Millers
a reply to: boncho

You might be on to something here. Monet was able to see parts of the UV-spectrum after he had the lens of his left eye completely removed.

Light could now stream through the opening unimpeded. Monet could now see familiar colors again. And he could also see colors he had never seen before. Monet began to see--and to paint--in ultraviolet.

Flowers remained one of his favorite subjects. Only now the flowers were different. When most people look at water lily flowers, they appear white. After his cataract surgery, Monet's blue-tuned pigments could grab some of the UV light bouncing off of the petals. He started to paint the flowers a whitish-blue.

www.downloadtheuniverse.com...

Rumor has it (it has now), Monet secretly called his famous painting "The House Seen from the Rose Garden" ...

"The Shadow Man form Outer Space".

- close-up of the Shadow Man

There might be another one in the tree to the right.

I remember that Dr. Who episode.

I heard that episode was a tribute to Monet's late work.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You might be on to something here. Monet was able to see parts of the UV-spectrum after he had the lens of his left eye completely removed.

Light could now stream through the opening unimpeded. Monet could now see familiar colors again. And he could also see colors he had never seen before. Monet began to see--and to paint--in ultraviolet.

Flowers remained one of his favorite subjects. Only now the flowers were different. When most people look at water lily flowers, they appear white. After his cataract surgery, Monet's blue-tuned pigments could grab some of the UV light bouncing off of the petals. He started to paint the flowers a whitish-blue.

www.downloadtheuniverse.com...

Rumor has it (it has now), Monet secretly called his famous painting "The House Seen from the Rose Garden" ...

"The Shadow Man form Outer Space".

- close-up of the Shadow Man

There might be another one in the tree to the right.

I heard that episode was a tribute to Monet's late work.

It was Van Gogh, but funny enough the alien "Dog" was invisible! And we have come full circle.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't remember him visiting Monet, only Vincent Van Gogh, who fell in love with Amy Pond, and wrote "for amy" in one of his paintings... In between that all they killed the "shadow monster" only Van Gogh could see...

Which one are you referring to?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Ok think of it this way think of you not seeing them so much with your eyes and more with your soul I am saying it is more akin to astral projection that of the spiritual yet still connected to the physical...
Just like how their craft can just blink off as they end projection at will...
Or how members of the same household some share the experience while others are left out, the same is true for some mass sightings depending on if they were tuned in or not...
edit on 17-8-2014 by 5StarOracle because: In to on

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I wonder then, would we be able to see them? perhaps they could wander amongst us and we'd have no idea.p

Yes of course and has already been proven by Arrrrnooooold Schwarzenegger in the original Predator movie. When Arrrrnooooold covered himself in mud the Predator was not able to see him.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

I don't remember him visiting Monet, only Vincent Van Gogh, who fell in love with Amy Pond, and wrote "for amy" in one of his paintings... In between that all they killed the "shadow monster" only Van Gogh could see...

Which one are you referring to?

I said it was Van Gogh ... but it had an Invisible Alien dog that only he could see, and he is an artist .. so while not perfect, it seemed to fit
Plus any excuse to make a Dr. Who reference I take.
edit on 17-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I wonder then, would we be able to see them? perhaps they could wander amongst us and we'd have no idea.p

Yes of course and has already been proven by Arrrrnooooold Schwarzenegger in the original Predator movie. When Arrrrnooooold covered himself in mud the Predator was not able to see him.

I hate to be "that guy" but technically the Predator saw him, he just could not distinguish him from the background.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Ahh you are "that guy" , lol

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Ahh you are "that guy" , lol

On a lighter note I think Mythbusters tried this and it doesn't work. Predator saw Arnie, he was just crapping his pants looking for an excuse not to engage.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Fair enough, in which case, I must say, I wish the war doctor was here with sand shoes and bow tie, it would make this thread 1000x better.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Mmm... the spectrum of your reply is noted.

I stand by my comment. Not exactly irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Did you see their teeth?

The teeth, specifically the blonde girl's was caused because the UV doesn't recognize the fake crown she has.
She was probably running near the pool, busted her fronts.

Aliens be definitely seein' through her.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thats funny (and not) thanks for sharing.

That young black girl had really nice skin.. in UV.

Really shows you the condition of your skin.

On one hand we need the sun for vitamin D, on the other, it can really mess it up.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I get that if you absorb all the light you appear as a dark shadow in the form of a human body,so if you reflected all the light then you would appear as a bright white light in the form of a human body?
If you could reflect just the right amount of light then you could blend into a bright background of any intensity of brightness.
If you could absorb some spectrums of light and reflect other spectrums then you could blend into any color background,or even multi color backgrounds.

My point is that it would probably be much easier for aliens to be able to camouflage themselves to blend into the background than it would be to make themselves invisible.of course, i guess, making yourself indistinguishable from your background does kind of make you invisible.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens are made out of sunscreen... jk. I think we are never alone. Or at least very rarely. Everything from ghosts to extra dimensional entities to aliens could be wandering around, unobstructed by our walls and doors. I know I don't fully understand it, but, I just think we are never really alone.

Of course our bodies are an environment full of little critters so actually we are never alone. I guess we aren't bothered much unless the things around us are intelligent. But we don't really know how intelligent anything is. The microscopic things could combine tto form a sort of hive mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Shadows walking around? You mean like shadow people. Enough people have reported seeing them that they could be real. Who knows? I personally believe that all of known (by "known" I mean I do not count what may be known by some humans but is hidden from the masses, like the idea that the US military being 40+ years ahead of the rest of us, or knowledge past civilizations may have had that has been lost or kept by a few priesthoods) human knowledge is just a tiny fraction of what is waiting out there to be discovered.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
First of all, these aliens would almost certainly still reflect visible light -- even if they only saw things in UV. There are not too many "perfect black body" materials that do not reflect visible light, and probably none in nature that an alien would be made from.

Secondly, even if we say (for arguments sake -- although it is highly, highly unlikely) that they DO only reflect UV light and don't reflect visible light, we would still see a black void where they were standing. Their bodies would still be blocking the visible light from behind them, preventing that light from reaching our eyes. The visible light would not go right through them.

They would NOT be invisible to us.

edit on 8/17/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hi ,I`m new here

I hope it is ok i chime in with my view on this topic .
I don`t understand why potentional ET`s should be visible to us at all . If you think about it our eyes are only tuned to certain
frequenzies in the electromagnetic spectrum , just like our ears are tuned to certain frequecies in a different part of the same spectrum .
Microwaves , IR , UV and so on vibrates on different frequenzies on the same electromagnetic scale but we are not equiped with tuned sences to capture it . For this we need technology .
I`m having big troubles with the fact that most people only believe what they see when most of reallity happes everywhere else in the electromagnetic spectrum .
Wavelenght and amplitude is where it`s at

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not exactly.
The sunscreen is absorbing UV radiation, just as the dark spots on skin are.

What we are seeing is UV wavelengths being reflected to the camera or not. Dark spots are absorbing UV, light areas are reflecting UV.

Absorbing or dispersing ??
If it was absorbing, black skin would make no sense as the energy is absorbed and converted mostly into heat.
But that's what happens to not black skin, it "burns" from inside as UV gets absorbed.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Did you see their teeth?

Yeah it looked like you could tell healthy from unhealthy teeth as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join