It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Your Skin on Sunscreen - (and) Aliens that can see us but we can't see them.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Right...." I'll be back in a bit I'm going to visit the humans".

"take you're sunscreen so they don't see you!"

How much more retarded can things get

Taking it out of context. The thread is simply to point out what we see is limited in some sense or another. You don't see the bacteria living on your skin do you? But yet, it's there.

We don't see x-rays, gamma rays, or see things in the infrared wavelength, UV, again, not seeing it doesn't mean it isn't there.
edit on 17-8-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: GetOutOfMyLight

Why not?
It's an explanation of what is being seen and how sunscreen works. If aliens absorb UV we would see a bunch of "shadows" walking around.

See, here's an idea the thread was meant to evoke.

This would make a damn good alien invasion movie.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho
But...but. We don't see in UV.
For aliens to be "shadows" for us they would have to absorb visible light which means they would get hot. Really hot.
Uncomfortable for them.

Or maybe they only come out at night...when it's hard to see anything anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

But...but. We don't see in UV.
For aliens to be "shadows" for us they would have to absorb visible light which means they would get hot. Really hot.
Uncomfortable for them.

Or maybe they only come out at night...when it's hard to see anything anyway.

Or they can withstand the heat. Either way they would still be "visible", in the way that pitch black objects moving around sort of draw attention.

In order to be invisible they would have to be completely transparent, or bend light around themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Or they can withstand the heat.
Maybe. But why would they have skin which absorbs light? Perhaps their homeworld is very distant from its star which would encourage a skin would would absorb as much solar radiation as possible.
No, wait. That means they are from a cold world. Seems that withstanding heat would not be part of the picture for them, they've evolved in a cold environment. Earth would not be pleasant. Too much UV. Too much visible light. Too much infrared.

In order to be invisible they would have to be completely transparent, or bend light around themselves.
From all directions?
edit on 8/17/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Or they can withstand the heat.
Maybe. But why would they have skin which absorbs light? Perhaps their homeworld is very distant from its star which would encourage a skin would would absorb as much solar radiation as possible.
No, wait. That means they are from a cold world. Seems that withstanding heat would not be part of the picture for them, they've evolved in a cold environment. Earth would not be pleasant. Too much UV. Too much visible light. Too much infrared.

From all directions?

Why not? Transparency would definitely be from all directions. I don't doubt for a second that someday we will have the technology to bend light around us from all directions. Any alien species able to travel here would possess far greater technology, unless they were intergalactic hitchhikers.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I agree some aliens do see us while we do not see them, because they exist in a higher state...

Now should you be an individual who has had a close enconter, or an abduction experience and of course seen them,this is because they have elevated your being to the next level...

This also explains light and beings traveling through solid objects, and corresponds to the other physical sensations and sound both heard and felt by these individuals before during and afterwards...
edit on 17-8-2014 by 5StarOracle because: add

edit on 17-8-2014 by 5StarOracle because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Transparency...feasible...I suppose.
Bending light from all directions. That's a tough one. Bend it to where? Remember that we see by reflected light (mostly). Pretty tricky to uniformly bend scattered light (from...everywhere) such that it won't reflect...anywhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They are from Venus, obviously.

Also known as, women.

I heard their carnivorous.

They eat men alive...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Why bend it?
why not just absorb 100% of it?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
1) It would not create invisibility. It would create "shadows."
2) It would get very, very hot.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Transparency...feasible...I suppose.
Bending light from all directions. That's a tough one. Bend it to where? Remember that we see by reflected light (mostly). Pretty tricky to uniformly bend scattered light (from...everywhere) such that it won't reflect...anywhere.

I agree, but I think about the technology gap, and I think any species able to travel the stars can solve that problem too. It really seems unfair I will be dying when the cure for death may be just around the corner. Sigh.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

So night would be a better time to be sneaky, tough to see shadows in the dark...

As for high heat I could see this being a problem for humans, for an alien this may serve a true need for a myriad of possible reasons...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

So night would be a better time to be sneaky, tough to see shadows in the dark...
Yes. I pointed that out earlier.

As for high heat I could see this being a problem for humans, for an alien this may serve a true need for a myriad of possible reasons...
I can think of one. Which I pointed out earlier.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I like my Idea of the rate at which they vibrate causing them to be uneen better, to me it seems more logical and fantastical yet none the less feasible...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

I like my Idea of the rate at which they vibrate causing them to be uneen beter, to me it seems more logical and fantastical yet none the less feasible...

Why feasible?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Because everything vibrates... some earthly masters learn to control this, and according to omni magazine even garner the ability to levitate...

So to me an alien being which is unseen to us because the vibraional state at which they exist, along with the ability to accelerate other mass into this same vibrational state of being would be as simple to them as it is for us to tune into a radio station...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You might be on to something here. Monet was able to see parts of the UV-spectrum after he had the lens of his left eye completely removed.

Light could now stream through the opening unimpeded. Monet could now see familiar colors again. And he could also see colors he had never seen before. Monet began to see--and to paint--in ultraviolet.

Flowers remained one of his favorite subjects. Only now the flowers were different. When most people look at water lily flowers, they appear white. After his cataract surgery, Monet's blue-tuned pigments could grab some of the UV light bouncing off of the petals. He started to paint the flowers a whitish-blue.

www.downloadtheuniverse.com...

Rumor has it (it has now), Monet secretly called his famous painting "The House Seen from the Rose Garden" ...

"The Shadow Man form Outer Space".

- close-up of the Shadow Man

There might be another one in the tree to the right.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Because everything vibrates... some earthly masters learn to control this, and according to omni magazine even garner the ability to levitate...

So to me an alien being which is unseen to us because the vibraional state at which they exist, along with the ability to accelerate other mass into this same vibrational state of being would be as simple to them as it is for us to tune into a radio station...

well if Omni magazine says it must be true ....

I still don't understand how vibrations has anything to do with them being invisible.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Millers

You might be on to something here. Monet was able to see parts of the UV-spectrum after he had the lens of his left eye completely removed.

Light could now stream through the opening unimpeded. Monet could now see familiar colors again. And he could also see colors he had never seen before. Monet began to see--and to paint--in ultraviolet.

Flowers remained one of his favorite subjects. Only now the flowers were different. When most people look at water lily flowers, they appear white. After his cataract surgery, Monet's blue-tuned pigments could grab some of the UV light bouncing off of the petals. He started to paint the flowers a whitish-blue.

www.downloadtheuniverse.com...

Rumor has it (it has now), Monet secretly called his famous painting "The House Seen from the Rose Garden" ...

"The Shadow Man form Outer Space".

- close-up of the Shadow Man

There might be another one in the tree to the right.

I remember that Dr. Who episode.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join