It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of pyramid-shaped tomb in Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nah it was simply the easiest way to build something. Like all cultures figure out that a pointy stone tool works best in penetrating animals.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Phage

Actually, that's not so.

As evidenced by the large earthen mounds everywhere on Earth, supposedly built before the pyramid age.

A pyramid IS a highly technological structure, incorporating advanced construction and mathematical expertise.

A mound is a pile of stones, topped with earth....much easier, and many have been built to quite a height...higher than this pyramid apparently.

If you explain the existence of similar pyramids being built by supposedly separate people who didn't have contact to share 'pyramid ideas and techniques', because it's easier to build than a simple mound...you're wrong.

Phage and Sparta are correct, a pyramid shape, especially a step pyramid is one of the easiest structures to make - if you want height.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Hanslune

Wow, that's really something. I had no idea there were moat-ringed burial mounds in Japan. Are they all as late as this (250+ AD)? Do you know when they started this practice?

The village of Asuka is also known to be an ancient land with historical interest. It has its origins in the Tumulus Period (250-552 AD), also called Kofun jidai, which means Old Mound period. This era of Japanese history is characterised by a particular type of burial mound that was popular at the time; specifically key shaped earthen mounds surrounded by moats. However, the newly-discovered step pyramid is quite different to those that have already been found.

I'm afraid I cannot answer that, Japanese tomb history is not an area I have any specific knowledge on.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It fascinates me that pyramids can be found all over the earth in ancient times throughout just about every culture. To me, it shows that no matter how far back you look, the various races of earth simply didn't live in a vacuum. They clearly comingled and shared culture and knowledge with one another.

I would love nothing more than to see earth as it was 10,000+ years ago, pre-diluge.

You know how stone tools are found everywhere, and they always have the same basic look to them even when made thousands of years apart? And separated by oceans? Turns out there are only so many useful ways you can pressure flake flint. Likewise there are only so many ways you can pile rocks to make a hill.

Also, nitpick, that global deluge never happened, so there is no "before" point in history to go back and see.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sidhedarkness

You know how stone tools are found everywhere, and they always have the same basic look to them even when made thousands of years apart? And separated by oceans? Turns out there are only so many useful ways you can pressure flake flint. Likewise there are only so many ways you can pile rocks to make a hill.

Also, nitpick, that global deluge never happened, so there is no "before" point in history to go back and see.

Welcome Sidhedarkness

I see you are new AND a reasonable fellow and you appear to speak Arabic.
edit on 18/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Great Find Hanslune the find would fit well with the notion that the Yamato was an off shoot of Silla,Tang and Paekche dynasties from China and Korea,until recently it certainly wasn't polite to even mentioned that in certain circles and for the far right is still not so,perhaps this Pyramid is a reflection of those found in China from among the Tang.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Phage

Actually, that's not so.

As evidenced by the large earthen mounds everywhere on Earth, supposedly built before the pyramid age.

A pyramid IS a highly technological structure, incorporating advanced construction and mathematical expertise.

A mound is a pile of stones, topped with earth....much easier, and many have been built to quite a height...higher than this pyramid apparently.

If you explain the existence of similar pyramids being built by supposedly separate people who didn't have contact to share 'pyramid ideas and techniques', because it's easier to build than a simple mound...you're wrong.

King of Swamp Castle: When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

edit on 20-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Great Find Hanslune the find would fit well with the notion that the Yamato was an off shoot of Silla,Tang and Paekche dynasties from China and Korea,until recently it certainly wasn't polite to even mentioned that in certain circles and for the far right is still not so,perhaps this Pyramid is a reflection of those found in China from among the Tang.

The idea that the royal family and the later waves of immigrants to Japan may have come from Korea is a thought abhorrent to right wing Japanese and fanatical Shinto's but the mainstream seems to have come to grips with it as those lands were not Joseon then...the Japanese are not, Zainichi Korian or Korean's in Japan!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: Spider879

The idea that the royal family and the later waves of immigrants to Japan may have come from Korea is a thought abhorrent to right wing Japanese and fanatical Shinto's but the mainstream seems to have come to grips with it as those lands were not Joseon then...the Japanese are not, Zainichi Korian or Korean's in Japan!

As far as living history goes I have a friend and fellow rum drinker whose family's business is pottery for 800yrs in the same area of Nishijin he stated that his ancestors originated from Korea, however like you said he is not a Korean in Japan he is Japanese and an honored one at that for he received some sorta cultural medal from the Emperor for his family's contribution to the arts,this man's family business in Japan is three times as old as the United States and Gad knows how old they go back on the mainland doing the same thing, I am in awe of such personal history.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I remember once a Saudi going on about how their king was the 4 or 5th in the line and I pointed out, at that time, the Japanese were on their 125th Emperor going back to 660 BC of course the first 16 are a bit shady historically and maybe legendary only - but who knows? Their tombs are inviolate so DNA testing cannot be done to see if they are related to the present dude.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Even still, the Japanese have more Emperors who might have been real than Bayt as-Saud has had real life dudes in power.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sidhedarkness

True and a few of those were Empresses, some of who were not 'counted'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join