It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of pyramid-shaped tomb in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Experts at the municipal education board and Kansai University’s Archaeological Research Institute said that the newly discovered pyramid-like burial, which has been named the Miyakozuka tomb, is a terraced pyramid made of multiple stone layers. So far, researchers have excavated stepped layers made of stones packed with soil on three sides of the mound. Based on the height of the mound, it is believed that the tomb consists of seven or eight stone layers.

Archaeologists in Japan have discovered that a large mound in the village of Asuka in Nara Prefecture contains a pyramid-shaped tomb underneath

The tomb story

A different link on the same story
edit on 16/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Great post. This area seems like it needs serious investigation, its known for these fantastic finds.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
it must have taken years to plow through all that jungle and so neatly.

edit on 16-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA

Jungle?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's kind of obvious that that mound is a pyramid. Hidden in plain sight. I guess you can't see things that you don't think are there.

Such populated Islands, you think someone would have noticed this before. I suppose some did, told others, and were laughed at in the past. That's life. It is also best not to tell anyone if you see a UFO.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's kind of obvious that that mound is a pyramid. Hidden in plain sight. I guess you can't see things that you don't think are there.

Such populated Islands, you think someone would have noticed this before. I suppose some did, told others, and were laughed at in the past. That's life. It is also best not to tell anyone if you see a UFO.

Japanese archaeology moves at sedate pace given that they have tens of thousands of sites to chose from.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Japanese archaeology moves at sedate pace given that they have tens of thousands of sites to chose from.

Strange how people have been living on those Islands so long. The islands have always had natural disasters. I suppose at one time it was a paradise, not an industrial nation.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
what mound?
i see wells to collect rain water and the entrance to a bunker built for what is expected to come. where is the mound?
edit on 16-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Strange how people have been living on those Islands so long. The islands have always had natural disasters. I suppose at one time it was a paradise, not an industrial nation.

They have excellent resources of seafood, good climate in the south and just enough fertile places to make agriculture successful.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA

what mound? i see wells to collect rain water and the entrance to a bunker built for what is expected to come. where is the mound?

In the center of the image you posted....

Now what was this about a jungle?
edit on 17/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It fascinates me that pyramids can be found all over the earth in ancient times throughout just about every culture. To me, it shows that no matter how far back you look, the various races of earth simply didn't live in a vacuum. They clearly comingled and shared culture and knowledge with one another.

I would love nothing more than to see earth as it was 10,000+ years ago, pre-diluge.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well this is awfully curious:

Most important thing to out ancients were the season so I'd bet it was certainly a calendar of sorts. Reminds me in a way of lunar calendars at Chaco Canyon.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

To me, it shows that no matter how far back you look, the various races of earth simply didn't live in a vacuum. They clearly comingled and shared culture and knowledge with one another.

To me, it demonstrates the fact that without advanced engineering and materials, a pyramid is the easiest way to build the tallest possible stable structure.

Pile rocks or dirt straight up and it falls over. Put them on a slope and they don't.
edit on 8/17/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not even just the fact they would fall over if it wasn't in the shape, the base itself would crack and become unstable if it was say just a giant cube.

The pyramid complex gives the builders the chance to spread weight of the layer above across a better distance.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think we shared info even back then or the main few cultures that started out on earth knew of the design so in turn we all know it. Kinda like hidden architectural knowledge instilled in our subconscious mind by our creators.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Wow, that's really something. I had no idea there were moat-ringed burial mounds in Japan. Are they all as late as this (250+ AD)? Do you know when they started this practice?

The village of Asuka is also known to be an ancient land with historical interest. It has its origins in the Tumulus Period (250-552 AD), also called Kofun jidai, which means Old Mound period. This era of Japanese history is characterised by a particular type of burial mound that was popular at the time; specifically key shaped earthen mounds surrounded by moats. However, the newly-discovered step pyramid is quite different to those that have already been found.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparta

Not even just the fact they would fall over if it wasn't in the shape, the base itself would crack and become unstable if it was say just a giant cube.

The pyramid complex gives the builders the chance to spread weight of the layer above across a better distance.

I wonder too if they weren't meant to recreate the natural environment- man made mountains, if you like?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

They have excellent resources of seafood, good climate in the south and just enough fertile places to make agriculture successful.

Such a shame a lot of that seafood and that fertile land you mention has been irradiated and contaminated with nuclear waste for generations to come...and ongoing too.

Is there any info on who the burial tomb was for? I see they found a stone box, and have assumed it was a tomb, but it could have been to house something valuable instead of a dead body?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Actually, that's not so.

As evidenced by the large earthen mounds everywhere on Earth, supposedly built before the pyramid age.

A pyramid IS a highly technological structure, incorporating advanced construction and mathematical expertise.

A mound is a pile of stones, topped with earth....much easier, and many have been built to quite a height...higher than this pyramid apparently.

If you explain the existence of similar pyramids being built by supposedly separate people who didn't have contact to share 'pyramid ideas and techniques', because it's easier to build than a simple mound...you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
[
Such a shame a lot of that seafood and that fertile land you mention has been irradiated and contaminated with nuclear waste for generations to come...and ongoing too.

That isn't where most of the best land and fishing is fortunately.

Is there any info on who the burial tomb was for? I see they found a stone box, and have assumed it was a tomb, but it could have been to house something valuable instead of a dead body?

Yes there was speculation on who it might have been in both articles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join