It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Worst Right-Wing Moments This Week: Limbaugh Set to Drown in Own Toxic Spewage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
5 Worst Right-Wing Moments This Week: Limbaugh Set to Drown in Own Toxic Spewage
Tragic events really bring out the worst in the right.

Rush Limbaugh’s toxicity reaches new heights with Robin Williams comments.

There were many contenders for biggest a**hole in response to the news of Robin Williams' suicide this week. Fox’s Shep Smith called the beloved entertainer a “coward,” and a pro-life group absurdly opined that a long-ago abortion led to Williams’ depression. But old reliable Rush Limbaugh came out on top of the soulless heap, and remains the undisputed king of the toxic right-wing spew-i-verse. Depression and suicide are not even remotely political issues, yet Rush decided to try to score some points off the actor and his family’s tragedy. It was Williams’ left-wing politics that killed him, Rush asserted. We suspect even he knows this is utter poppycock.

"What is the left’s worldview in general?” Limbaugh said on his radio show, a day after Williams’ death was announced. “If you had to attach, not a philosophy, but an attitude to a leftist world view, it’s one of pessimism and darkness and sadness. They’re never happy, are they?”

One can hardly blame progressives for being a bit demoralized these days, and listening to Rush is enough to drive any reasonable person around the bend, but this has nothing to do with depression, which strikes people everywhere on the political spectrum. Rush knows that. It hardly matters that he tried lamely to walk back those comments the next day. Well, not really, he just tried to blame—who else—the leftist media for misconstruing his words. Not so. We heard you Rush. Loud and despicably clear. Again.

Oh
wow.

This is getting really nauseating.
I'm considering just checking out of news reading and any paying of attention altogether.
I'm sure many of you will be glad of that....

But - I'm not gone yet.

edit on 8/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ha! If you consider Shep Smith a "righty" you clearly have not been paying any attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't even know who Shep Smith is - but if he's anything like Sean Hannity, he's an asshat.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Rush sure doesn't do himself any favors!

But honestly? Watching and observing the political arguments over which party is better on ATS and other sites? Makes me want to kill myself sometimes too! Just out of sheer frustration of the madness!

Suicide is a last resort to a pain and suffering that those who have never had the displeasure of suffering through it, have no understanding of it at all!

Shame on those whom want to capitalize off of someone else's suffering!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I agree with you, seeker.

It just makes me sick, truly nauseated - what passes for "news" these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

5. Laura Ingraham: Arrested journalists in Ferguson deliberately provoked the police. This is obviously true because Obama criticized the police and whatever side he takes is wrong.

Fox’s Laura Ingraham maintained her status in the pantheon of the hateful this week by going after journalists doing their job in Ferguson, and getting arrested for it. Really, Laura? That’s the position you’re going to take? That WaPo reporter Les Lowry was “looking for a confrontation” with the police inside a McDonalds, and deserved not only to be arrested, but to have his head slammed into a soda machine. President Obama spoke out against the police overreaction, and Ingraham is contractually bound never to agree with anything the President says, so what else could she do?

Gha.

I really wish some of you would turn off Fox News and look at some other sources. But, apparently, that is NOT going to happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I don't even know who Shep Smith is - but if he's anything like Sean Hannity, he's an asshat.

So you posted something without even really knowing who any of these people are or the full context of what any of them were saying?

I do know this about Rush. He is an absolute master at baiting the left. He is very good at saying things that skirt the line and get leftists to think he said what he didn't actually say if you really listen and pay attention, but boy the left can sure cut out sound bites. And it gets him publicity.

In this case, I did the legwork (or ASK work is you will) and dug up the transcript of what . HeRush actually said that day had a caller who asked him if there were politics in the media's coverage of Robin Williams death, so he talked about it in that context. When he talks about Williams' death, he's not talking about what he thinks Williams' was thinking or feeling, but what he thinks the media might be thinking about it - their internal calculations. In other words, OMG, he was depressed because he was out of money and had to take bad movie roles that drained him and upset his depression ... of course he killed himself, is what the media was thinking to themselves. As evidence, Rush cites a Fox article. And there was corroboration from relatives of Williams later on in the week that he did indeed hate doing movies because the roles drained him.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I wish people would see that two-party politics is divide and conquer. The same results are seen time and time again and the only thing that ever changes is the amount in most people's bank accounts (I'm shriiinkiing! the sad bank account shrieked). Granted money is a total scam but still. We should all at least try to get along. Anything else is another wall put up in front of us.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

5. Laura Ingraham: Arrested journalists in Ferguson deliberately provoked the police. This is obviously true because Obama criticized the police and whatever side he takes is wrong.

Fox’s Laura Ingraham maintained her status in the pantheon of the hateful this week by going after journalists doing their job in Ferguson, and getting arrested for it. Really, Laura? That’s the position you’re going to take? That WaPo reporter Les Lowry was “looking for a confrontation” with the police inside a McDonalds, and deserved not only to be arrested, but to have his head slammed into a soda machine. President Obama spoke out against the police overreaction, and Ingraham is contractually bound never to agree with anything the President says, so what else could she do?

Gha.

I really wish some of you would turn off Fox News and look at some other sources. But, apparently, that is NOT going to happen.

Some of us do, but sometimes, I wish you would understand that some of your sources are extremely biased and calculated to flip all your emotional switches. Emotion is not thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Rush is a senile old windbag who doesn`t know when to shut up.His listeners egg him on to say more and more outrageous stuff and he gladly obliges them.He`s like the fat kid who will do any dare just to try to get the cool kids to like him.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So you posted something without even really knowing who any of these people are or the full context of what any of them were saying?

No.

I know who Rush Limbaugh is, and Sean Hannity, and Ann Coulter, and Glenn Beck (your hero) and etc and etc. They all make me sick.

So --- you have no idea how bribed/bought out/enslaved they are?? That Fox is a propaganda scheme?

(BTW, I will not - as I told you a couple of weeks ago - respond to you anymore.)
I messed up here....won't happen again.

Emotion is not thought.

Emotion, lady, is LIFE. But, I've known for some time that emotion does not enter into everyone's psyches.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I do know this about Rush. He is an absolute master at baiting the left. He is very good at saying things that skirt the line and get leftists to think he said what he didn't actually say if you really listen and pay attention, but boy the left can sure cut out sound bites. And it gets him publicity.

In this case, I did the legwork (or ASK work is you will) and dug up the transcript of what . HeRush actually said that day had a caller who asked him if there were politics in the media's coverage of Robin Williams death, so he talked about it in that context. When he talks about Williams' death, he's not talking about what he thinks Williams' was thinking or feeling, but what he thinks the media might be thinking about it - their internal calculations. In other words, OMG, he was depressed because he was out of money and had to take bad movie roles that drained him and upset his depression ... of course he killed himself, is what the media was thinking to themselves. As evidence, Rush cites a Fox article. And there was corroboration from relatives of Williams later on in the week that he did indeed hate doing movies because the roles drained him.

How dare you respond with facts! Lol
Rush catches a ton of crap for things he never said.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So it looks like Limbaugh is taken out of context yet again !!

WOW.

Has Limbaugh commented on the massive Left Wing failures in Ferguson ?

Ferguson might be the Left's worst moment of the Decade (so far).

Such a dilemma.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I know, and now I'm catching a ton of crap for listening to people I don't even make a regular practice of listening to for being fair.

I don't like Hannity. I haven't listened to Beck in ages since he got weird and stopped being funny. I haven't read Ann Coulter much since I discovered Thomas Sowell who is far more intelligent and much less nasty about it.

And generally speaking, I cruise through ABC, CBS and MSN before I cruise through FOX on news. Some days I hit up Yahoo, but they have some really crappy editing. I think some people should really pay attention to how many of the news stories at many of these sites come from places like Reuters and the AP which means they all carry news sourced from the same two news wires in a lot of instances.

I also hit us Drudge and Fark. Sometimes, I will cruise the HuffPo, but I have to be having a very low blood pressure day. Then I have a few right of center blogs I hit regularly. And then there is the random blog roll where I hit or miss and spot check various places depending on my mood and then there are the geek blogs ...

Man I spend most of my afternoon reading around work ...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dunno, I only catch about 20 minutes or so on my drive home. I'm guessing he has because he is a Missouri native.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

And, ma'am, I spend most of my MORNINGS doing that exact same thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No.

I know who Rush Limbaugh is, and Sean Hannity, and Ann Coulter, and Glenn Beck (your hero) and etc and etc. They all make me sick.

So --- you have no idea how bribed/bought out/enslaved they are?? That Fox is a propaganda scheme?

(BTW, I will not - as I told you a couple of weeks ago - respond to you anymore.)
I messed up here....won't happen again.

Just let me put this in perspective for you so that you realize BOTH sides of the media propaganda machine are using this tragedy to promote an agenda!

First off, I have seen what is being said on the Progressive machine, and oh they are acting so concerned and saying thing like, "we need to be able to get these people help", "family members need more power" etc etc.......

Do you even realize what "HELP" in their language means?

Let me tell you from experience! It means no matter what a person feels, if someone "thinks" they may commit suicide, their ass is going to end up in a mental ward for at least 36 hours!!!! Let me tell you something!!!! THAT IS NOT HELP!!! First off it scares the hell out you! Secondly, you want to talk about rights? YOU HAVE NONE!!!!! Once your in there? Guess what? You need to be intelligent enough to realize, you have to say what "THEY" want to hear! Otherwise, you may be in there longer!

In the mean time, they give you pills! Your not told what they do, or what they are for! Those pills? Just might make you crazier than your so called loved ones thought you were BEFORE they had you put in there!

Depression is NOT a disease!!!! LET ME REPEAT!!!!! NOT A DISEASE!!!! Depression is a STATE OF MIND!!!! By allowing them to categorize it as a disease, guess who makes a ton of money off of it????

Sorry, but your attitude that is just the "Right" that is capitalizing on it is totally false!

Depression is BIG money!!! When money is involved, there are NO POLITICAL SEPARATIONS!
edit on 16-8-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Gr8 b8 m8, r8 it 8/8.

But seriously, I'm no fan of Rush, but that doesn't mean I'm going to fall hook, line, and sinker for what the left is pushing out. I've seen worse come from liberal poster boys, but if anyone mentions that they get an ear full!
edit on 16-8-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Wow. Fascinating reaction.

I have to log off now - but - I've been on the other side of the situation, and I think you're getting it wrong.

Talk to you later.
Sorry for your suffering.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Wow. Fascinating reaction.

I have to log off now - but - I've been on the other side of the situation, and I think you're getting it wrong.

Talk to you later.
Sorry for your suffering.

That's the problem!

You are making an assumption based upon not knowing what it is like to be on the receiving end of what the MSM is preaching as "much needed help"!

I can guarantee you, that if you experienced what I had to go through, you wouldn't be so quick to point your finger at the "right"! The "left" is just as in on it as those on the right that are dumb enough to make judgements on something they either know nothing about, OR they are playing to an agenda!

Just so you know, pills didn't change me OR make me better! It was ME changing the way I think and telling my psychiatrist (pill pimp) to go screw himself!

If you think I am making this up, I can send you some picks of the scars on my arms that I put there from cutting myself throughout my suffering! Not to forget? All of those scars, where done while on the medications I was told "will make you feel better"!

Sorry, but mental issues don't deserve to be thrown into the fray of BS left/right partisanship!

Suicidal thoughts contrary to popular belief, DO NOT deserve NOR want partisan politics to describe our pain!

I don't mean to be angry with you, but when you decided to divisively make this about right vs left, I got very upset!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join