It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark Week : Dumb as hell Megalodon Mocumentary (garbage)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Anyone else waste their time watching that dumb-as-hell Megalodon Doc on Discovery?
-Apparently there's a disclaimer somewhere in there with dodgy writing stating that it's a sham. Either way they're taking serious flak over it.
What happened to science?
Worst attempt to fool the people ever, only because it was so poorly filmed/edited.. acted...etc.

raaaaaawrrr!!

edit on 16-8-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I saw it last year. Total speculation. They had a quick blurb at the end, if you didn't tape it you couldn't have read it, that stated this was a mockumentary. You're right. Frickin sad.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

ahh in that case double slam for airing it twice, most likely this is a repeat thread then..

-see how pathetic that chum line looked? They photo shopped the sea red lol!

-and the cgi with the whale getting attacked in the moonlight!
Jesus wept!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

I also watched a pretty bad one on sunday about the "submarine" shark, which is essentially the same shark.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Still not as bad as the mermaid one they did.

link   
When people realize that their opinions are given to them, entertainment may get interesting.

link   
If you want to check sharks out, it ain't pretty but it's the best docu out there. Called Sharkwater. They're working to save the sharks. It's probably on YT.

ETA: I knew I had a thread on it somewhere:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-8-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I hope that it puts a mermaid harpoon in the Discovery Channels ratings.
Enough of their mockumentaries.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I didn't waste any time on that one. I did catch a few minutes of one on History Channel called Cryptid: Search for the Swamp Monster, or something along those lines. It is a fictional crapumentary where the actors still never find anything. If you are going to make a fake documentary, you should at least deliver the goods.
It just reminds me of why I hate television.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

This.. I was thinking of how good they could have made it if they just said in clear words "Hey this is a fun mocumentary for yall" instead of trying so hard (and failing) to make it look real.

10/10 if the shark would have just eaten them all in the end!
(including the producers lol)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
a reply to: skunkape23

This.. I was thinking of how good they could have made it if they just said in clear words "Hey this is a fun mocumentary for yall" instead of trying so hard (and failing) to make it look real.

10/10 if the shark would have just eaten them all in the end!
(including the producers lol)

I would have gone with everyone except for the final survivor, a hot chick in a bikini, being rescued at the last moment by ninja mermaids. That would set up the sequel.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Horrible CGI, was totally bogus.

One part that was interesting was the "new" megalodon shark tooth.

Besides, that, total trash.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Awesome I'll check that out after golf! thanx

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Gee, turn it off.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Discovery Channel lost a lot of credibility putting out crap like this...

If I want to watch make believe Mega shark crap I will turn on the Sci-Fi channel. I expect MUCH better from a supposed informational/educational channel...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

When I had cable TV, the Discovery channel was one of the ones I found most entertaining. Then they went the way of the SYFY channel. SciFi however used to be good.

I'm happy I cut the cord when I did. I've saved thousands since.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's like a really bad Blair Witch thing. Same with the Mermaid special .. so much crap meant to confuse people as to whether they are giving you fact or fiction.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Still not as bad as the mermaid one they did.

I think it was the same production group that did the mermaid thing.
had the same feel.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
WHAT???? FAKE?????

It was the sequel to the fake one from last year. Once you get past the fake-ness, it's OK. Just sort of a 'what if?' type of thing. I cannot imagine someone would be sitting on the fence asking themselves if this is real or not. Then again...

Some days I scan the 97 million channels I have looking for something to record so I can watch it the next day (so I can skip commercials) and there's nothing. Not a show, not a movie, sports event, nada. Pretty sad.

Fake sharkumentary? Ehh, it's OK.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Shark Week Lied to Scientists to Get Them to Appear in "Documentaries"

Discovery Channel's "Shark Week" is misleading the public again this year with several documentaries. So why are scientists allowing themselves to be featured in these pseudoscience disasters? There's a simple reason: Shark Week producers have been lying to them.

Davis was shocked to find that his interview aired during a 2013 Shark Week special called Voodoo Shark, which was about a mythical monster shark called "Rooken" that lived in the Bayous of Louisiana. The "other filming" his interview was combined with featured a Bayou fishermen, and the clips were edited together to make it seem like a race between his team of researchers and the fishermen to see who could catch the mythical voodoo shark faster. In reality, Davis was barely asked about the voodoo shark at all. His answers from unrelated questions were edited together to make it seem like he believed in its existence and was searching for it.

Pathetic. I guess Discovery has given up on any legitimate science. They now have zero credibility.

Davis said that whenever he asked what the documentary was about, he couldn't get a straight answer. Maybe it's just me , but I would not have agreed to participate if the producers wouldn't tell me what they were supposed to be documenting.

Just sayin'

top topics

join