It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

I could hold your lips together too if you'd like. Instead I'm going to go interact with people that don't have hate in their heart.

a reply to: OptimusCrime

You're going to tell me I can't post on a message board and threaten to smack me in the face and you have the, whatever you have, to say I have hate in my heart? LoL. I would prefer you associate with someone other than myself.

I never threatened you. Read what I said. If you took it that way, I'm in no way bothered.

You deserved to get just as upset as you get others.

I hope everyone injoyed you angry for a change.

I felt you were acting like a child so I pointed out how I handle my child that's simply mean. You prooved my point. You got meaner.

I'm not angry at all. I'm actually laughing at you to be honest.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I could hold your lips together too if you'd like. Instead I'm going to go interact with people that don't have hate in their heart.

Probably wise. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to argue with those who just aren't even willing to budge even part of the way. Then it just goes round and round and honestly, what we've been seeing has been rough and worrisome.

Like you, I'm not just concerned about those who live in Ferguson as their home has basically been turned into circus in the day and war zone come nightfall. I'm concerned about what the fall out may be from all of this. Cause and effect, right?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Same story, different night.
At least they didn't wait around staged this time to say they were responding to violence.
Why were the looters not dealt with separately then they protestors?

Didn't you get the memo?

All protesters are looters and rioters.

DIng, fowl feast. I'm still not convinced that a rather
large river runs between the places where the protestors
live- and the 'bad guys on camera' as we freak.

The last thing I expect to see on CNN would be a black
'78 Olds Cutlass with fantastic paint and bags to go with
the East St. Louis sticker pulled over for littering with
gasoline.

Damn Ripple bottle's strong.... that big river goes past
Dubuque up there too. Hmmm. When TPTB can pay for
at least your gas I'd believe anything now: except burning
down your own neighborhood liquor store is bug stupid.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Vice is back up www.youtube.com...

Officers telling the Vice crew that they have to turn off the camera because it's "interfering with the radio" and that they can't leave the vehicle. I smell BS.
edit on 18-8-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
Still running with the molotov cocktail lines.

Two nights in a row.

I wish some people would throw huge dildos at the cops instead, would absolutely love to see how CNN/MSM would report that.

link   
ok CNN has video when they started gassing the crowd but no molotovs in sight, they must have been the stealth version.

And there is decent in the article with one person touting the government line and another calling them a lair, oh and comments are turned off because we have no room for discussion on this what if the real story got out?

He said several businesses were vandalized or looted Sunday night as peaceful protesters demonstrated against Brown's death.

Such criminal acts were "pre-planned agitation," not civil disobedience, he said.

"Based on these conditions, I had no alternative but to elevate the level of our response."

CNN

Did anyone see business being looted in the video provided, besides didn't the say molotovs are what started it off, just like last night when they said tear gas wasn't used??? hmmm

then a decenter says:

"That is a lie. It was no fight, it was no shots fired," Williams told CNN late Sunday night. "All we did was march to the command center to fall to our knees and say, 'Don't shoot.' And they started shooting."

link   
That makes two of us. Now type about Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: LDragonFire

I guess you would say the same thing to John Adams when he wanted to loot ships full of tea? Or to George Washington when he wanted to openly rebel against the authorities?

To compare this to the American revolution is laughable. Having said that, the American Revolution was a war for profit at it's core. Freedom and the like was the warm and fuzzy morale boost (just as freeing the slaves was the warm and fuzzy morale boost for the Civil War). Do you think it is a coincidence that the majority of the founders directly profited from Independence?

This is probably a discussion for a different time, but let me ask you one question about it.

If during the Boston Tea Party, British soldiers responded and shot and killed the people looting the ships...would they be wrong?

You're making too much sense for this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

That makes two of us. Now type about Ferguson.

I have been, thanks. Now find someone else to boss around.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

I defend no criminals! I'm very concerned with what this situation that you and i have no control over will mean for you and I.

a reply to: kruphix

Even if Michael Brown was my son, I would do the exact same thing and I would be releasing statements telling these "protestors" that they are doing a disservice to the memory of my son and distracting from the cause.

Why you said that like his parent didnt say that? They said the same things ( in better ways... )

Good for them.

It was never implied in what I said that they didn't say anything like this

To be honest all you seem to be saying is

"well done police"

And trying to get a rise out of people.

I clearly have a different opinion than most of the people in this thread, I'm sure sharing that opinion causes some people to react negatively, but I am doing the same as anyone in this thread...sharing my opinion.

I actually don't think the police have done a good job, I think they caved to public pressure to tone down their tactics in the middle of the week and this is what has resulted in the police showing that they will back down if the community cries enough about it.

There is a lot of contradiction going on with the pro-protestor crowd.

They want the reporters embedded in the protest crowd, but then they cry when they get tear gassed or shot with rubber bullets when the crowd starts to get unruly.

They want the police to stand down, but then they cry that the police aren't doing their job when looting starts.

They are defending criminal acts, including people shooting each other within the protest crowd, throwing Molotov's, looting businesses and starting fires...and still calling these "peaceful protests".

I'm not against protests, I think the protests going on in Ferguson during the days for the past week have been fantastic. I think the protests in other cities to support those in Ferguson are fantastic. But I think these nighttime mobs are not protests and should be put down as soon as they form.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Your hand wouldn't get near my face before your elbow would be snapped in half or your throat caved in, so keep your hands to yourself. I'm not a violent person

Hilarious.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I can guarantee it will mean absolutely nothing for me.

If I lived in Ferguson, I would immediately being two things....donating money to the police and getting a hotel out of town.

I don't associate with idiots...I would not be participating in any of these "protests" no matter what my feelings were of the cause.

Even if Michael Brown was my son, I would do the exact same thing and I would be releasing statements telling these "protestors" that they are doing a disservice to the memory of my son and distracting from the cause.

I guess you would say the same thing to John Adams when he wanted to loot ships full of tea? Or to George Washington when he wanted to openly rebel against the authorities?

I get the feeling king George would have liked you.

Remember that the USA was formed from rebellion, lawlessness, rioting and looting.

But that's almost it..
Capt. John appears emaciated..
Out of sleep..
We have on one case a crowd of people protesting for a guy caught on video
Tossing a little guy around.

Then killed for jay walking so far.

A crowd asking for an answer...
Yet driving foolishly in the streets..
Cops make promises.

Am I dreaming this....

No in the last several threads posted in 5 days.. a man was pictured throwing a cocktail...

Its there..
Now if it s truly from these events as stated.. who knows..
But ATS crowds will
Discriminate it and verify!

Comp is low..

Answering to questions at once...
No I'm not Whoo...
What

I got refresh.. comp men is maxxed..

That answered two quest..
And no sense..wow!
edit on 18-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
The bus belongs to St Louis County Correctional Instution. The jail

How do you know that? I'm not trying to be argumentative - I just didn't see any identifying markers, usually police transport vehicles have (at least) POLICE marked on them. The video showed more of the bus than the picture and I didn't see ANY other marking other than what is in the picture.

I'd be happy to know it actually belongs to the St. Louis County Correctional Institution.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Your hand wouldn't get near my face before your elbow would be snapped in half or your throat caved in, so keep your hands to yourself. I'm not a violent person

Hilarious.

It's hilarious how you cut the quote, that's what's hilarious.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So in the press conference tonight, Captain Johnson echoed the claim of molotov cocktails tonight, but a reporter told Tim Pool earlier that he was there when and where it allegedly occurred and there were no molotov cocktails thrown. He also showed video he took there. Not proof, but it certainly seems to cry out for a greater burden of proof of the molotov cocktails.

Then someone (the Vice reporters?) asked how many people were arrested tonight and one of the police said 7 or 8. Granted, it didn't sound like he was throwing out a known number, but between the guy being almost strip searched and the people in the fancy paddy wagon with the plastic cuffs on that were filmed by the Vice reporters a couple minutes before, there appeared to be more than 7 or 8 (though I didn't count).

That's enough to tell me not to believe what any of these police officers say without independent verification. And that includes Captain Johnson who I originally liked.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Hmmm the British troops did fire on protesters.

Its called the Boston Massacre, oh and the protesters were throwing rocks and insults at the British troops before they opened fire.

Sound familiar?

link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Not everything is caught on video.

You can't claim something didn't happen because it wasn't caught on video.

link   
NATIONAL GUARD BEING CALLED IN. Posting for haste.

governor.mo.gov...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
No, they're protesting because an unarmed guy got shot by a cop.
And the autopsy on the deceased looks really bad for the cop.
The police didn't have medical attention brought to the deceased.
The police waited hours to remove his body in some black SUV.

These things are why people are pissed. They didn't know about him robbing a store and neither did the cop who shot him.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The LEOs created this and now I hope the national guard handles this better. They couldn't possibly handle ot worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join