It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LooseLipsSinkShips

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

originally posted by: LooseLipsSinkShips

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: LooseLipsSinkShips

Wow. Somebody forgot their Pledge of Allegiance and in particular this line, "With liberty and justice for all".

Or how about the Declaration of Independence, teacher:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...

www.archives.gov...

And probably what you don't know is that James Madison wrote this in Federalist #10:

So strong is this propensity of mankind to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions and excite their most violent conflicts. But the most common and durable source of factions has been the various and unequal distribution of property. Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society. Those who are creditors, and those who are debtors, fall under a like discrimination.

www.constitution.org...

This nation was not created to give precedence and power to one faction--the haves--over another--the have nots. It does not matter if a decided portion of the population of Ferguson can no longer afford to pay taxes because the haves took their manufacturing interests and shipped them out of this country to leave them jobless and impoverished. It does not matter one bit because in this country, all factions are protected under the same rights and given the same liberties without regard to their economic status. What you're saying goes against the very fabric of what the Founders of this nation wanted.

When the Constitution was written Africans were not really consider people, they were property so this whole justice for all has to be considered in the context that it was written. Justice for white males because we know for a fact women didn't have rights either and if you know history or the amendments then you would've not wasted your time writing that garbage in an attempt to put forth a spineless agenda.

Thank you for blatantly outing yourself as being what you precisely are.

Contrary to what you're implying, there was nothing expressly written in the Constitution in terms of voting rights but only the definition of rights as a person. It was dependent on states to determine who could vote and who could not. Oddly enough, the Southern states wanted to count their slaves as constituents within their population but not with rights. Because they were refusing to ratify the Constitution, the 3/5ths compromise was created. In 4 Northern states, freed slaves could vote. In New Jersey, women could vote. In some states, those without property couldn't vote and so on. Back in those days, rights were new and subject to state preference. Women could hold property from the beginning.

You're welcome for the history lesson.

3/5... You've been owned by your own words. Notice you didn't say 1/1. Nothing you try to push can change history, yes white males had the advantage of rule in the time of our constitution and women and other races did not have equal rights. To discount this would be to discount multiple amendments, the civil rights era, and the ferguson event itself. How dense are you?

Nope, not at all. Three-Fifths Compromise

It was the Southern states that were trying to count all of their slaves as constituents but wouldn't give them the right to vote. Delegates opposed to slavery refused to let them do that. I think you fail to comprehend the difference between state's rights and federal amendments. Before those amendments were ever passed, different states had different policies in regards to voting rights. The amendments forced all states to provide voting rights for each one of those groups that you list. That's what an amendment does. It forces all states to comply under the law of the land.

There was no voting right listed at all in the Constitution. I'm not rewriting anything. Poli Sci ftw!

PS. Your quote in your signature line is incorrect. Just realized what it said and thought I'd be nice enough to give you the correct quote as it was dictated from Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor in 1816. The correct quote is this and is much better than the one that you're using that is utterly undocumented.:

And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.

Thomas Jefferson letter

You're welcome.

edit on 18/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

edit on 18/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: fixed broken link

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Same story, different night.
At least they didn't wait around staged this time to say they were responding to violence.
Why were the looters not dealt with separately then they protestors?

Didn't you get the memo?

All protesters are looters and rioters.

CNN referred to them as "residents".

And Ferguson is under siege from "residents" and "police".

link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I know the big picture is important, I just can't see it here. This is beyond a circus. The LEOs are safe, its the people that aren't.

The people who have been shot tonight with live rounds have been shot by other protestors.

I just don't understand why people continue to defend criminal actions.

link   
Another wrong assumption. You seem to have nothing nice to say. I'm sure you know the rest. Go try to inflame someone else.

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

a reply to: OptimusCrime

That's a poor assumption. Wrong as well for me. My hand would like to reach out and introduce itself to someones face though. You've been instigating all night. If you were my child I would have been told you to hold your lips together.

See, what you fail to understand is this forum is meant for discussion. You want to shut me up because I don't agree with you, you're just as bad as the people you're whining about.

Your hand wouldn't get near my face before your elbow would be snapped in half or your throat caved in, so keep your hands to yourself. I'm not a violent person but I don't take physical threats lightly, so watch your mouth.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
"additional steps" huh???
what are those I wonder....

Hopefully an earlier curfew and the National Guard.
edit on 18-8-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I defend no criminals! I'm very concerned with what this situation that you and i have no control over will mean for you and I.

a reply to: kruphix

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Another wrong assumption. You seem to have nothing nice to say. I'm sure you know the rest. Go try to inflame someone else.

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

That's a poor assumption. Wrong as well for me. My hand would like to reach out and introduce itself to someones face though. You've been instigating all night. If you were my child I would have been told you to hold your lips together.

See, what you fail to understand is this forum is meant for discussion. You want to shut me up because I don't agree with you, you're just as bad as the people you're whining about.

Your hand wouldn't get near my face before your elbow would be snapped in half or your throat caved in, so keep your hands to yourself. I'm not a violent person but I don't take physical threats lightly, so watch your mouth.

Says the one who acts with hostility and physical violence over a post on a message board. I'd hate to see how you act in real life when you're upset.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I feel bad for Capt. Ron Johnson.

He really put his neck out there for this community and they have stabbed him in the back.

Even if it isn't members of the community committing the violent/criminal acts...they aren't really speaking out against it, they are just blaming the cops for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And yet with all the video out there, no one caught the molotov cocktails.....

You are right, it's a vast conspiracy by the cops because they want to be out there all night and putting their lives in danger.

Wednesday night, I was on here right when the tear gas and rubber bullets started to flying. Everyone said "it was unprovoked". Even after I showed them exactly where in the video two bottles are thrown at the police line, they came up with other excuses including that the police should be able to take a couple of bottles thrown at them with the gear they had on.

Last night, they gave people ample time after the midnight curfew to disperse and gave multiple warnings before they did anything.

Why would I believe that they are making up a story when so far none of you can show an unprovoked action by the police???

It seems like some people have already made up their mind, damn the facts, that the police are going to always be at fault in this situation.

Last night at the time of curfew, people were told

"disperse the area or face arrest and/or other actions"

Some were on there knees, hands up and they had tear gas fired right at them.
Why not just arrest them?

Over the top tactics.

Then you have CNN writing their own script which you appear to be reading from.

I guess you are smarter than the rest of us combined

link   
I could hold your lips together too if you'd like. Instead I'm going to go interact with people that don't have hate in their heart.

link   
This bus here, can anyone tell me what this is? I seen no additional markings, no police insignias or such....just people inside screaming...then the ladies filming promptly told to stop filming.

link   
a reply to: kx12x

No, it's like a medical record in terms of privacy. The police can film it for internal supervision purposes, but to have someone film a private citizen being strip searched and put it out on the public airwaves could get someone seriously sued.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

I saw that, very strange huh?

link   
OMG!

Violence in Ferguson and even posters here are threatening to give each other "purple nurples"!

Get the tear gas!

link   
Gang members being blamed for the civil unrest.

I can't say this is to far fetched to believe. It was very peaceful all day long. But once night time came, it started to get ugly.
I won't sit here and say I buy into it being all "gangs". But lets face it. Lots of gangs thrive in that area.
Hell, even where I grew up. You did not go walking around at night. It was DANGEROUS!

These are some mean streets, and their is a real criminal element. IN all cities everywhere!

Then again. I must say, those who wear suits and ties are the REAL criminals.
These little gang bangers, are nothings. The real criminals wear a suit and tie, and hold titles like CEO.
We are extorted each day by this system.
And these Gang Bangers are nothing but Illuminati lackeys. provocateurs.

An agent provocateur may be a police officer or a secret agent of police who encourages suspects to carry out a crime under conditions where evidence can be obtained; or who suggests the commission of a crime to another, in hopes they will go along with the suggestion and be convicted of the crime. A political organization or government may use agents provocateurs against political opponents. The provocateurs try to incite the opponent to do counter-productive or ineffective acts to foster public disdain—or provide a pretext for aggression against the opponent (see Red-baiting). Historically, labor spies, hired to infiltrate, monitor, disrupt, or subvert union activities, have used agent provocateur tactics. Agent provocateur activities raise ethical and legal issues. In common law jurisdictions, the legal concept of entrapment may apply if the main impetus for the crime was the provocateur.

Most had good intentions. And it only takes 1 person to mess it up for the groups.

So I am split on this. Sounds reasonable. But then again, Why should I trust the police. They shot Brown six times!
They have EVERY right to be pissed off.
That is my final report for the evening, Everyone have a good evening. I was up all night last night, and I have stuff that needs to be done come morning. Till then!

link   

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'll try again. Get rid of the entire fleet of crazy that rode into this town on armored vehicles wielding big boy gear. They are not competent to run anything, especially policing a community. The police are the fire in this community. Send em packing and everyone will be much better off. They incite violence and rage. Again, their strategic thinking and problem solving skills....suck.

The out of control police need to go. Allllllllllllll of them. Then citizens will have a chance to regain some sense of community and peace. What is on those streets tonight...now...isn't peace. It's a police state.

The military needs to immediately recall all their surplus hardware then leave.. and take the fired police with them.

We have all watched their pos plan executed with disastrous results. Services no longer required. Fire them.

Hope that helped clarify.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The best touch is that all it reads is
"A Nationally Accredited Correctional Institution"

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Looks like a paddy wagon to me.

new topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>