It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Wow, okay...I was giving my impression of what I heard and provided a map. I'm sorry if it came off as "too detailed" for you. (that btw IS sarcasm). I don't appreciate you seeming to attack me for responding something that you yourself was listening for and simply sharing my interpretation of the events or providing information about where everything was relative to the entire thing. I was using my ears, a high quality headset, and my eyes. No more no less.

I never said it was a sworn statement but I guess I need to go ahead and type up a clarification on every post I write where I give an impression of a string of events so I don't get called out. Do not appreciate your post one bit.

Or are we not allowed to give our impressions of what we perceive on ATS?
edit on 17/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added last line.

edit on 17/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: need more coffee

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I might have misunderstood.. I'd been sharing my other perspective last night..and you kinda shocked me with details I can't see in the video being referenced, or events off screen assumed but not seen.

I don't..and let me be super super clear beyond any question anyone could have now or forever... I do not believe *A N Y T H I N G* which is produced by the Ferguson Police Department or St Louis County Police..OR ANYONE who works for either department, in ANY capacity.

We have now seen them go full rambo on civilians TWICE. First, having done so because some Chief from the 1950's decided he wanted a recreation of the Watts riots on his own streets..and he damn near created it. The second time..after EXPRESS promises were given to a community, to stop the violence, then BROKEN in a way they seem to think will quell the violence ...but just kicked it into HIGH gear in all likelehood.

So.. on these right now? I am trusting the impressions I hear from the people who are there, in the moment and going by their own senses. I trust corroboration of others experiencing the same event and likewise sharing what they see and what they know to be true in their moment of reality, within the event. I DO NOT accept much of ANYTHING from anyone right now, in St Louis authority.

They put Johnson out there last night like a fool for the folks to laugh at, with information that was all but demonstrably false at the moment he was left saying it. He was too far into total exhaustion to even realize he was being played like a puppet for amusement ...but it made me near physically ill to see it.

There is a problem in St Louis. We have an EXTREMELY hateful and racist little pug of a Chief and command structure within ONE department, and infecting a second. Until that cancer is removed...we have a rogue set of authority in this state...and they have the ability to wield power equal to a small national military on the scale they operate right now.

Hope that helps explain where I'm at for something well beyond skepticism. I'm at the level of public moving to demand prosecution of some of those "leaders" up there, with very serious real world activism. Won't be the first or last time for me...and Missouri is about SICK of the damned mod squad with automatic weapons terrorizing our streets at will.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Watch some of these streams, it was a party.

I got the same impression. To focus is going away and people are getting bored with the situation. I am not surprised and I bet those in charge are hoping it would happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Since all of you keep whining about a police state, why don't you move somewhere else? Like another continent.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is the battle that is being fought from Egypt to Ferguson

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
Since all of you keep whining about a police state, why don't you move somewhere else? Like another continent.

So have you read this whole thread or did you follow the live events of last night?
If not, then why are you coming in with this kind of comment.
And it's our country, we don't need to leave. The people that ruined it do.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Or are we not allowed to give our impressions of what we perceive on ATS?

If my being a member of this web site's staff is a problem for you in casual conversation, that is an issue for you to work out. It is not an issue I care spend time on. Enough people seem to share that hang up with myself and others, to be confusing though.

I will say, as you know well enough to quote yourself by now, a moderator is nothing but a member in any thread a casual post has been made in, even one time. We are no more right than you, and no more important than you.

So...... You're entitled to every opinion you want. You can figure I'm a fool on steroids..and it's your rightful opinion. (you wouldn't be the first or last either..lol)

I also have the right to my opinion. In this case, it's an opinion strong enough so I will be spending time in Jefferson City in my very near future...if there is another repeat of the Rambo Bots on a Missouri street like last night. Enough with military playing law enforcement or law enforcement playing military. We have both....and perhaps citizens need to remind a few in power...using the system...we have BOTH for a reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

How about those who want or embrace a Police State move to another continent. And, let those who still believe in the founding documents of this country stay and continue to enjoy the freedoms that those documents grant. If you don't like the principles this country was created find another one that fits your view of how things should be, might I suggest North Korea, or China. If none of those fit what they are looking for then they can buy a bunch of land and setup their own way governing themselves
edit on 8/17/142014 by jholt5638 because: correcting

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Just trying to catch up and watched parts of your vid. There is definitely at least 2 gunshots that I can tell. This is nuts.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

How about those who want or embrace a Police State move to another continent. And, let those you still believe in the founding documents of this country stay and continue to enjoy the freedoms that those documents grant. If you don't like the principles this country was created find another one that fits your view of how things should be, might I suggest North Korea, or China. If none of those fit what they are looking for then they can buy a bunch of land and setup their own way governing themselves

There's no police state. You're going bonkers over a valid reason for police to be in a certain area with equipment that ensures they won't be killed trying to do their jobs. I'm sure if you were a cop, or a family member was a cop, you'd feel comfortable sending them into a riot situation wearing nothing but a cotton shirt. I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why don't the friend and families of the looters get them to stop. Why? They don't really care about that. Just another reason to rant at the machine.

As I am reading this thread this is what I am thinking...many of the rioters and looters don't really care about the real issues...they just want to vandalize and steal...that is fun to them...they really do not have a humanitarian conscience; and they do ruin what the peaceful protesters that do care are trying to accomplish.

With the other shooting happening last night etc. I would not be surprised if we eventually see Military personnel on every corner to enforce the curfew.

edit on 2014-08-17T13:55:51-05:00pmSundaypm1720148America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: correct spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Well, let me reiterate again. I was singled out as being a freak when I was a kid because I happen to have a kind of super memory plus high spatial ability. Everything I mentioned in my post was using my own faculties. It's the second time on this thread that I've had a remark made about me being "off" in some way by moderators and I find that pretty darn hurtful because I've had a history of being viewed as a freak for being what I am. I don't appreciate it coming from moderators. I'm here to help with the discourse. If you all want me gone, just say so but don't use veiled smears. That's beneath you both.

You can check everything I said in my post against Tim's video to see how I got that "detailed" information using what? A map from a websites about restaurants and my eyes and my ears. It's all in the video. Tim pans down towards the primary police line at one point and you can see the golden arches--that's McDonald's. Tim passes by the Chop Suey, moving away from the main line and that's where the molotov got chucked and put out. Check, that's on the map, too. Sam's Meat Market that he passes just before the shooting can be pegged using Yelp on yet another map as being kitty corner from Red's. Check. See? Not hard. And yes, there's an unmistakeable sound of a bullet zipping through the air near him. That's why he hit the deck.

What do I think? Tim said last night (and Sremmos verified it) that Cortez (his local) had warned about somebody possibly packing in the protest. He also mentioned something about that individual being around Red's. That actually matches with what Johnson was saying somewhat about guys being on the rooftop at Red's waiting for police. What happened to start that off, I have no freaking clue because I wasn't there. Did the police fire first? Did the individual with the gun? I don't know and do I trust Johnson? I don't know the answer to that one either. I only stated what I could observe video on the footage. No more, no less.

One of my friends has family in Ferguson. Because he matters to me, his family's safety and well being matter to me outside of just my normal caring for the general welfare of people anywhere. I want things to improve there because this is an ugly situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

How about the curfew and suspending of the first amendment, unless of course you put your name on a list, after midnight.
People were peacefully protesting until the cops escalated the situation.
I'll ask again, did you want the live feeds last night or would you just rather assume that you already know what was going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How about the curfew and suspending of the first amendment, unless of course you put your name on a list, after midnight.
People were peacefully protesting until the cops escalated the situation.
I'll ask again, did you want the live feeds last night or would you just rather assume that you already know what was going on.

I've been reading every single thread on ats about the "situation" and watched the videos so you shouldn't be the one to assume. You're a hypocrite and a criminal apologist. I've said it time and again, if people want to riot, loot, kick police cars and shout obscenities about another race then you lose your protest rights. IMO, there should be no protesting allowed until the 100's of people who destroyed that town are turned in and the stores fixed as well as property owners paid back for their losses. But no, you want to avoid that topic all together because it doesn't fit with your theme.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How about unarmed people not being shot dead by police because police can't use tactics that don't make them feel the need to solve many of these situation with gun fire.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The equipment used last night was far beyond the threat they were responding to. They were at most going up against small arms fire. There was only a single case that I have heard where any sort of firearm was used by the protestors. Type IIA body armor can stop upto a .40 caliber round that is more than enough protection. The police were armed with assault weapons, LRAD, and APC's. They did not look like a police force trying to maintain order, that was a paramilitary force suppressing enemy combatants.

edit on 8/17/142014 by jholt5638 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

IMO, there should be no protesting allowed until the 100's of people who destroyed that town are turned in and the stores fixed as well as property owners paid back for their losses

Wow. Punish everyone for some criminal's action.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

IMO, there should be no protesting allowed until the 100's of people who destroyed that town are turned in and the stores fixed as well as property owners paid back for their losses

If you call 100's of people "some" then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

...IMO, there should be no protesting allowed until the 100's of people who destroyed that town are turned in and the stores fixed as well as property owners paid back for their losses.

That's a very odd standard for the protection of Constitutional rights.

If all our rights as citizens are contingent upon the behavior of others, no constitutional protection is safe from removal.

You can't honestly believe that, do you?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you call 100's of people "some" then I don't know what to tell you.

You are suggesting honest people lose their rights because of criminals. That's exactly what a police state desires.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join