It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Okay..but some have a commitment to peace and others have a vested interest in violence.

Non-violence is the way.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Fool me once.....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Note: Captain Johnson, who was so effective in quelling violence just the other day, was the one saying that.

I wonder if someone in power saw how people took to Johnson and sought to undermine his assurances...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejaybird

And that's the solidarity we need. Honestly, if those of us "in the know" put the pressure on, we could reimagine the world. That may be naive thinking, but the alternative is the crap that TPTB are pulling tonight or the rest of the population that just doesn't flat-out pay attention.

I doubt there are enough of us in the know to make a change. Then again, the idealists that founded America were few in number. So there is hope.

We can only hope that we can talk to people around us to inform them about what is going on in our country and that we need to deal with it right now. Otherwise we will fall hard...becoming the pitiful headline for the next world superpower.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Exactly. I heard that and was like "WHAAAAAAT???" What the heck does that even mean? "AND we will shoot you", "OR we will fire tear gas", "OR we will just let you continue", "AND we will beat you senseless"? That's like walking into a store and saying "I will pay you only THIS amount and/or i will do something"

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Okay..but some have a commitment to peace and others have a vested interest in violence.

Non-violence is the way.

It's the only way. Physical violence plays into their hand and their strength. One thing they consistency suck at is honesty and kindness, which is how one can fill a needed vacuum.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

It was noted earlier that at the Governor's presser announcing the Declaration, Johnson looked positively incensed. Or ill, or something. Go back and look at the video.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Note: Captain Johnson, who was so effective in quelling violence just the other day, was the one saying that.

I wonder if someone in power saw how people took to Johnson and sought to undermine his assurances...

He prevented nothing.

There were half a dozen stores looted and burned out the night before.

That's why Johnson and the Governor both looked like they were sprayed with a fire extinguisher yesterday.

Both those guys are toast now.

Watch for new people doing the talking.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Non-violence is the way.

I am a non-violent person and I agree with you. It would only take simple actions by the public to change the current system. But let's be honest......people don't pay attention and simply don't care.

Do we need to have a violent revolution led by a small group of visionaries (like the founding fathers) to return America to what it should be?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
As a bit of much needed humor, Antonio French tweeted these pictures a short time ago.

A small group of protesters outside the #Ferguson police department. The curfew was not enforced here.

twitter.com...

I guess they forgot to police their own front yard, eh?

Right on.

edit on 17/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess I'm wondering if the connections are more than political ideology. For example, did they come down together in the same buses? (NBPP allegedly was bused in.) Are the leadership people associated?

Because at least one of those groups has high level connections, at least indirectly. Maybe both groups do. The connections could possibly add whole new layers and explain a lot. And the more I see, the more I think that's the case.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
MHP Captain Ron Johnson speaking now...looks tired and defeated...strange wording about tear gas smoke..like he doesn't even know which? Tear gas deployed a red's BBQ.

One person shot, in critical condition. "Tear gas was not related to the enforcement of the curfew".

"Disappointed in the actions of tonight."

Yes but whose actions?
edit on 8/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Non-violence is the way.

I am a non-violent person and I agree with you. It would only take simple actions by the public to change the current system. But let's be honest......people don't pay attention and simply don't care.

Do we need to have a violent revolution led by a small group of visionaries (like the founding fathers) to return America to what it should be?

They would win and like always the victors would write history. Our school books will say we won our revolution and our freedom back as our children get body scanned through four check points on the way to school.

Revolution is a trap. It was fake for the French. It's been fake for all the so called "Arab Spring" and any potential revolution in America would be equally fake. It's just the same energy and force used to control us, an equal and opposite reaction is needed.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

He really really does.

link   
Cpt. Johnson live now saying that it WAS tear gas.

link   
OMG"..... a police shoot a guy tonight ???

link   
CNN conference now.

Says armed individual holding a hand gun prompted their response. Also confirms a shooting victim.

link   

originally posted by: Greven

We need transparency here. This is where anonymous is needed. The people making this worse are hiding.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I want a peaceful revolution. I'm a vegan sue me.

a reply to: Rosinitiate

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join