It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

originally posted by: Thejaybird
a reply to: Witness2008

But there is a beauty to this scenario...

Ridiculous behavior by TPTB, pseudo martial law inacted, and people moving together to stand against it.

It's a shame that the majority of this country doesn't even know this is happening, let alone know what their effing rights are.

I think that much of the country knows what is happening, I'm sure not as much as folks like us, but they know. I agree with your assessment that we are seeing pseudo martial law.

I think that DHS, the military complex and more than a few politicians would have preferred a much more robust riot and military presence. Ferguson did not give it to them. A large race riot in St. Louis or any other large city would be a wet dream for those that are hell bent on subduing us all.

My hopes are that Ferguson remains cool headed but determined.

I hope you are correct in your assessment that the most people know about this. I can only speak from my experience, and tell you that the people I am in contact with only heard about this from a peripheral standpoint, and do not know details, nor do they know what is at stake.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's sad to hear that there was any action at all.

I was really hoping that the dumbass' would stay home tonight and let the peaceful people exercise their right to protest.

But I think people are pissed and frankly, I'm sick of it as well. Something needs to change in this country and it goes for all of us. LEO, rioters, protesters and even us at home.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

CNN reported no arrests or injuries a few minutes ago.

Then they show some people getting herded into a patty wagon and changed their story.

Ringling Brothers Barnum and Baily Circus.

Bread and circuses, baby. Bread and circuses...

link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
They said that. And they went home!! I was so upset. I looked up to the Black Panthers as a child. Maybe they got old.

a reply to: sheepslayer247

Well, the only statement I have seen from the Mo militia has been some jackwad talking smack on FB, and then pulled back his statement after the media ran with it.

link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Personally, I think what needs to happen is the Mo militia needs to show up and make a public announcement. Looter/rioters will be dealt with by the police. Peaceful protesters will be protected by the militia.

Not a bad idea except for one or two things.

The "Militias" have been spit on and cursed by many people over recent and past events.

But maybe bygones can be bygones.

link   
They are watching you all the time

a reply to: zysin5

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Its possible it was outside influence that caused the action today.
Through out the feeds there were plenty that pleaded for people to go home and pick it up tomorrow.
One lady towards then end of the a feed said it was a group out of Chicago that was recruiting those to break curfew.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

originally posted by: kx12x
I wish someone would shut the media clowns up.
They're either lying or completely ignorant.

In in all honesty though, I think big media corporations only hire people with an IQ equal to room temperature.

Its the middle of the night no matter what time zone. Most of the world will wake up to this. We were unlucky enough to see it happen.

America is not "Most of the World" it's just Sunday afternoon in many parts of the World.

link   
Even when you explain it to them your one of those crazy people. Now I want to watch Enemy of the State and I won't laugh at the wife this time!

a reply to: Thejaybird

link   

originally posted by: zysin5
a reply to: kosmicjack

CNN is now admitting publicly to police using tear gas, after using smoke gas.
Funny to see how we are about 5-10 minutes ahead of the MSM. If not for pics like you posted, they would have suppressed that information. Can't stop the internet yet baby! That makes me grin a bit.

All credit goes to ATS's own DancedWithWolves and the Twitter/Reddit/Vice feeds.

edit on 8/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The same group from Chicago that has been in the midst of all the looting going on as well. They were flying banners and flags the day of the first lootings. I think they were unofficially recognized as part of the NBPP.

link   

originally posted by: zysin5
a reply to: kosmicjack

CNN is now admitting publicly to police using tear gas, after using smoke gas.
Funny to see how we are about 5-10 minutes ahead of the MSM. If not for pics like you posted, they would have suppressed that information. Can't stop the internet yet baby! That makes me grin a bit.

I bet CNN is "monitoring" us right now.

Maybe some MSM are smart.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The militias do deserve some criticism. They show up to support Bundy but do not show up when people are being gassed and brutalized for nothing more than protesting?

If they would show up in Ferguson and rally for the side of free speech and the right to protest, you would see a huge change in public opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yeah, there have been articles about a revolutionary group from Chicago coming in to try to spark violent revolution. I did a little research about them and posted it here:

ATS post on RCP

At least some of them are by many accounts very hardcore wanting violent revolution. They are not the local protesters, and the local protesters don't want them there. Some of the local protesters said the revolutionaries from Chicago were the ones with the molotov cocktails Wednesday night.

Fox news just said again while I was typing this that some of the people there after curfew tonight told people they were ready to die tonight. Then Fox said that there were reports these people opened fire on the police after that. They don't seem to know more than that either yet.

edit on 17-8-2014 by ikonoklast because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
We need to come together as a United Nation.
We have like 5 time zones! Its 3 a.m. my time. I garentee very few people on the East Coast care about what we just watched!!

a reply to: xuenchen

link   

Well, count me among the crazy.

I may try your proposed exercise, as well.

link   

I don't doubt it. There are people that "profit" from going in to hot areas and helping to create unrest. I've seen this first hand, but we were able to squash it quickly in my area.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Agreed. I am on the West Coast, and it's only after midnight, and it is encouraging to see how many people are up and paying attention to this in the middle of the night.

link   

I agreed to save some comments for future thread debates.

So for now I will agree for the sake of this thread.

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: kruphix

The infowars crew had masks and they were still gagging. It seemed one landed pretty close to them.

Ok...but they are from infowars.

They are probably the worst streamers out there, they embellish what is going on out there more than any of the others.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join