It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Foxnews is also reporting smoke

They're reading the same Washington script.

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Taggart

What's the scanner link?

West St. Louis County Police and Fire Live Audio Feed
Here you go

link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Is cs tear gas?

policelink.monster.com...

a. Toxicity. The toxicity of zinc chloride is mainly due to the formation of the strongly acidic HCl, but is also to a lesser extent due to thermal lesions. These are caused by the exothermic reaction of zinc chloride with water. The acidic HCl vapour causes lesions of the mucous membranes of the upper airways. The damage and clinical symptoms following zinc chloride exposure therefore appear immediately after the start of the exposure. However, damage to the lower airways also occurs and may result in delayed effects. These have been attributed to the presence of fine zinc chloride particles and phosgene.

Acute Effects. In high concentrations or with prolonged exposure HC smoke is highly irritating and may be very dangerous when inhaled. Symptoms following inhalation of high concentration of zinc chloride smoke include dyspnoea, retrosternal pain, hoarseness, stridor, lachrymation, cough, expectoration and occasionally haemoptysis. Cyanosis and bronchopneumonia may develop. Due to the irritant and astringent nature of the compound, delayed pulmonary oedema may occur even in the presence of distinct and short-lasting initial symptoms. It is caustic to mucous membranes and can also cause subacute interstitial fibrosis.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   
They will do it again tomorrow night, might be more might be less. The more they push them more will come. Its the legacy of being a American.

This is the show me state

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

a reply to: kruphix

The infowars crew had masks and they were still gagging. It seemed one landed pretty close to them.

I'm guessing that maybe there was a mix? A few pics of canisters coming through on twitter and one is definitely smoke:

twitter.com...

If tear gas was thrown down, bet there is a canister somewhere. Two different police groups there could also mean both were used, possibly?

**Correction--canister says CS-Smoke. CS = CS gas. That's a tear gas canister.
edit on 17/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added **

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Power to the People!
That's far from cliche, that's classic!!

a reply to: Thejaybird

Indeed!

Imagine (no pun intended) if we just attempted to live up to the lyrics from the poets/ lyricists past...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

They were peaceful about it, just staged a big group in the middle of streets. Report of a Molotov going at a business but put out by people rather quick.
Police waited about 30 min after 12 and then shot 'smoke' into the crowd, and by smoke i mean tear gas.
Unconfirmed report of shots fired and one person down, very unconfirmed but it sure as heck sounded like gun shots on the feeds.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

This is up with a mix of Fox reporters, some still live in Ferguson, scanner audio overlaid, and occasional comment from Alex Jones or someone who sounds like him:

Live feed and TV news

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

If you got some time, start at page 16-17 and have fun! Get a pretty good play by play by all of us here

Thanks. I will do just that.

As of now is all quiet, or is it still on going?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
When we get jobs that won't fire us for getting arrested for protesting. That's exactly why I want to be a professional protester.

originally posted by: Thejaybird

originally posted by: kosmicjack

All hell broke loose. Again.

That's about the size of it.

When are we, as a citizenry, going to stand up, mobilize, and say that enough is enough, and do so without fear of retribution from those who are sworn to "protect and serve"?

link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
I'm guessing that maybe there was a mix? A few pics of canisters coming through on twitter and one is definitely smoke:

twitter.com...

that's CS smoke.
CS is tear gas.

link   

a reply to: kruphix

The infowars crew had masks and they were still gagging. It seemed one landed pretty close to them.

twitter.com...

If tear gas was thrown down, bet there is a canister somewhere. Two different police groups there could also mean both were used, possibly?

The canisters on the vice stream were a white/silver colour.

link   
Theres all kind of stuff going on in the area from the police scanner.

scanner

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Maybe it's just from hearing it to many times in the gas chamber but when i hear or see the letters "cs", I think tear gas.
CS smoke sounds like a mixture of both to me, maybe I'm wrong tho
edit on thSun, 17 Aug 2014 01:58:02 -0500America/Chicago820140280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Tomorrow's press conference will be hotter than a firecracker.

Watch for new spoke's people.

This cuts the Governor and the Captain.

link   
For those like myself who have no cable TV, here's an online live video stream still broadcasting (RT ended theirs a few minutes ago):

Live Stream/ FOX2 St Louis

link   
That was definitely a no no in the rain. These "professionals" knew better!!

Now all the protesters will have to get medical treatment and they'll have their names!!

a reply to: kosmicjack

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

When we get jobs that won't fire us for getting arrested for protesting. That's exactly why I want to be a professional protester.

originally posted by: Thejaybird

originally posted by: kosmicjack

All hell broke loose. Again.

That's about the size of it.

When are we, as a citizenry, going to stand up, mobilize, and say that enough is enough, and do so without fear of retribution from those who are sworn to "protect and serve"?

I feel you on that one. I am a teacher by profession, and they would have my hide if I went to a minimum of the events I wish I could attend. I guess that makes me part of the problem...

link   
a reply to: defcon5

I hope that gets retweeted to Antonio French and CNN. LOL! Like one thousand times.
edit on 8/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: defcon5

twitter.com...

that's CS smoke.
CS is tear gas.

So just to clarify, you are in saying it was tear gas as well correct?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join