It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
That's for sure. I don't know what else they could've done. I think the people there should've at least listened to what they had to say. They're not going to get anywhere on the path that they chose.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
oh agreed, from a PR stand point, it was hard to watch

edit on 16-8-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
Not to mention the whole thing is being manufactured.

Robbery time stamp forged

AAC.

The friend admits they were in the store that day but it was actually 2 months earlier per conspiracy. Customers say it happened. Some people are sick for starting that BS.

link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I believe what you're saying. The thing I find concerning is if there is precident then they already knew this was going to make matter worse.

People need to get out of there.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Could Johnson have been overruled and sidelined this quickly for the way he wanted to run things??

I have a feeling there is a full blown war going on just behind the scenes of law enforcement on this. A war for control and image. The last thing anyone needs right now, to be sure.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
IMHO - officials are prepping for the announcement that there will be no charges against the officer. That's what the protesters were demanding at the presser - to know the status of an indictment. The scuttlebutt must be that it's not going to happen and the police are preparing to maintain the peace.

What will be the reaction of the community to no charges against the officer? What will be the response by LEO? Because really, they didn't stop looters but they used military force on protesters, which were far more numerous.

edit on 8/16/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

You know - he DID NOT look happy did he? Almost pissed or ill.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I would think they would let the Feds make and release a decision on the shooting.
edit on 8/16/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The date isn't what the problem was, I agree with that. In the police report images, it's clearly the right one.

However, I did a post yesterday after putting some time into that police report and regarding the timeline. Going 100% by the police reported times, statements, dispatch record and store images embedded in the report itself? Someone's clock was off by several minutes. That IS entirely possible, too.......or someone cobbled together some related events and some perhaps not how it was presented to cover butts afterward.

I'm not saying the store didn't happen. Witnesses confirm it did. He own buddy confirms it did. What the Police force knew, when they knew it and what they were or were not actually reacting to seems a big question for me tho.

I can't let go of who originated that report and timelines, and whose men created it. We've seen enough of that one department and it's command staff so far to need Grand Jury time, IMO.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Also, as per the Declaration - Media will have a staging area and credentials will be issued in order for media to come and go from the area...

In the United States of America.

It's not like this is some natural disaster. WTH?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sure. Even other police officials wonder about releasing that video. But saying it is fake doesn't help the whole situation either. What is the matter with people.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You know the saying, the truth hurts? If the official story broadcast from day one is that Mike Brown was a good boy, ready to start college, never hurt anyone, etc. The incident at the store is relevant to the shooting because Mike Brown knew what he had done at the store could possibly land his large butt in jail. That influenced his interaction with the police officer. So I think the release of the surveillance video was correct. It illustrates what was going on his mind at the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is teaching Law Enforcement (LE) that they have ultimate power by exerting ultimate crime. They shoot (innocent) people, chaos ensues and their job, status, empowerment is elevated, they can act even more out of control and they call in more LE.

LE does not want crime to diminish. They want it to continue (perhaps in specific ways) and they know how to make that happen. How? They are entangled with the criminal element and learn their ways.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I believe what you're saying. The thing I find concerning is if there is precident then they already knew this was going to make matter worse.

People need to get out of there.

I agree but people probably don't want to leave their belongings unattended.

We already see what's happening to businesses in the area.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Several chiefs from other cities are saying the police need to enforce law (looting) there or it will continue to get worse. Criminals will see it as an opportunity. Looks like the local authorities made a left hand turn off the road.
edit on 8/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The police can say whatever they want.

Rioters and looters don't need any excuse.

The odd thing is, only the law-abiding are going to obey the curfew.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why is it called a robbery? If he stole some cigars isn't that theft? Robbery is a bit extreme

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

There is a great deal of material in this case which is correct to release and I will, in all seriousness, file sunshine law requests myself if I don't see some of it come in time. That law is a very serious one in Missouri and state agencies have been jammed up..HARD..for violating it before on matters that were almost justified to withhold, too.

Nothing important in this case will remain very hidden by virtue of where it happened ....save what the FBI may hoover up and take with them for their own investigation.

Having said that? There is a time and a way to release things. That chief had no place, business, authority or STANDING to so much as say BOO about releasing evidence. He and his men had been removed from the situation, as has been reported. The FBI are looking at the original shooting with a parallel civil rights investigation to boot. That has no place or desire for the good Chief.

He made an unauthorized release and it helped incite a new riot. That's about as simple as it gets in my eyes. I think he knew what he was doing too. He was pissed beyond reason he had to release his own officers name and he'd been shamed in public by removal, so he figured he'd fix everyone's wagon and hide behind a lie about having to release it (the sunshine law doesn't read that way OR support what he did).

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

HEATED Ferguson Shooting Press Conference

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

One thing we all have to remember!

While we are trying to figure out the truths from the lies, those in charge are most likely using this train of thought!

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Rahm Emanuel

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join