It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix
I imagine the only thing that will stop the protesting and rioting will be answers, which are not forthcoming and what has been released has been slow and inconsistent.
Nothing short of an indictment of the cop who shot Brown, will satisfy this community. IMHO

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Right of expression, speech and assembly, your rights don't end at nightfall or midnight. It seems that there are still alot of people there. 35 minutes.

all these feeds are coming from around McDonald's I don't know if anyone is streaming from the Quiktrip
edit on 16-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The professionals are better choices. They know the law, they understand their rights and are trained not to respond when being arrested.

a reply to: Wrabbit2000

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If something goes REALLY bad after midnight, and something happens.. and the power goes out, watch out!
The looters need to be busted. Hope they got some hi-res video to do facial recog on.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It looks like most of the people are leaving so thats good

link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Cuervo

Because somebody's telling them they can't.

If I had nothing at all to protest over but my governor suddenly said I can't protest past midnight, I'd probably be out protesting. As would you, I would think.

They didn't just say, "Hey, we randomly decided that you can no longer protest past midnight."

They have had plenty of chances...and continue to riot and loot.

The community originally cried that police didn't stop the original riots and looting...so the police showed up in force to stop it.
Then they cried because police showed up with too much force and it was "militarized"...so the police backed off.
Then people start to riot and loot again...now the police are no longer equipped to stop it...so all they can do is try to ensure now one is being hurt during the looting. And of course, the community cries that the police didn't stop it.

So what's left...let's try a curfew to stop the looting and rioting...NOT TO STOP THE PROTESTING.

These are the people who protected store fronts last night in Ferguson. Police stood and watched.

No military commando gear required. The "police presence" has become an invading army going after the soft targets, peaceful protestors.

link   

a reply to: Cuervo

Because somebody's telling them they can't.

If I had nothing at all to protest over but my governor suddenly said I can't protest past midnight, I'd probably be out protesting. As would you, I would think.

They didn't just say, "Hey, we randomly decided that you can no longer protest past midnight."

They have had plenty of chances...and continue to riot and loot.

The community originally cried that police didn't stop the original riots and looting...so the police showed up in force to stop it.
Then they cried because police showed up with too much force and it was "militarized"...so the police backed off.
Then people start to riot and loot again...now the police are no longer equipped to stop it...so all they can do is try to ensure now one is being hurt during the looting. And of course, the community cries that the police didn't stop it.

So what's left...let's try a curfew to stop the looting and rioting...NOT TO STOP THE PROTESTING.

The police are more than welcome and more than equipped to ARREST THE LOOTERS.

link   
If the power goes out people have mobile. If mobile gets restricted, what can you do? Is there tech you can get?

a reply to: Pharyax

link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You miss my point... At this rate, at midnight? I half expect them to look around and realize it's still crowded but everyone left is being paid to be there. A news agency, a website, a police department, or Uncle Sammy. Even A.I. Observers for goodness sakes.

There is everyone now but actual, honest to goodness protesters. I'd laugh if it wasn't still so tense.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks for telling me, I haven't bothered looking.

Does that mean if you are affiliated with a group you aren't a protester? Cause PETA protesters are waay worse than this.

a reply to: Wrabbit2000

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Alex Jones guys got on the police list of the press so they will have first amendment rights after midnight!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've been watching the infowars feed.

They just registered to be there after midnight. It's clear by what the LEO said they will enforce this curfew.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Because they have a legal team. I'm ashamed to be an American.

a reply to: LDragonFire

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Doubt they would touch the phones.. in a larger City, maybe... But if they DID, and jammed it, short of Mil. grade hardware, you're screwed.

The folks just need to go home.. escalation isn't the answer.

Honking, yelling racist comments at cops, looting and throwing crap isn't a good idea.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The Alex Jones guys got on the police list of the press so they will have first amendment rights after midnight!!!

I just heard that too and couldn't believe it... Crazy stuff

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

You miss my point... At this rate, at midnight? I half expect them to look around and realize it's still crowded but everyone left is being paid to be there. A news agency, a website, a police department, or Uncle Sammy. Even A.I. Observers for goodness sakes.

There is everyone now but actual, honest to goodness protesters. I'd laugh if it wasn't still so tense.

Yeah, watching the feeds, there's more bloody press than locals there.. lol.. they are just ACHING to get some 'good' shots of something juicy... *sigh*

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wonder if Tim Poll knows he needs to register?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Devil's Advocate time!

Why is there a continued need to march and protest? Isn't the Justice Department there? Haven't the requests of the protestors been met?

Yes there was a shooting.
Yes, it is being investigated.

Why is there a continued need to protest?

I agree...there is nothing left to protest.

What are the goals or demands of this protest? Now it seems like it has turned into OWS...they are now protesting for the right to protest...which is ironic...because they are already protesting.

Because they were told that they had to end all protest at midnight. It's their right to peaceably assemble to demand redress of their grievances from their government. Their government essentially said "curfew ends protest at midnight" so you bet, it's about the right to protest tonight. It's not when it's "okay" that the Bill of Rights kicks in. It's when it's not okay that it kicks in. The Bill of Rights acts as a protection from the abuses of government.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cherryontop
a reply to: kruphix
I imagine the only thing that will stop the protesting and rioting will be answers, which are not forthcoming and what has been released has been slow and inconsistent.
Nothing short of an indictment of the cop who shot Brown, will satisfy this community. IMHO

Answers to what?

And what if there is no indictment because what if (remember, we don't have all the facts yet) the police officer was justified in shooting Brown?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hopefully, calm, rational, reasoned people on all sides will be in the majority.

The police should enforce the law.

But the people who want to assemble freely should also be allowed to do so.

There can't actually be a law that trumps rights.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join