It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot ATS members thoughts and comments. What have we learned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Appologies, I hadn't gotten to your second sighting yet. I'm fairly skeptical but at the same time try to keep an open mind. It's tough to explain all the sightings away though, especially those coming from rational, level minded people. An interesting thing I heard from a professor is that the number of reported bf sightings in a given area correlates strongly with the size of the bear population in that same location.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beyond Creation
The best footage I've seen of BF is when it is captured accidentally. The person filming did not have the intention
of exposing BF. What if BF is capable of sensing ones intention?

There have been no bodies found. What if BF decomposes in a very different way than we assume?

BF lives in the wilderness without any dependency on electricity, tools or clothing. What if BF is actually not a primitive being and is in fact far more suited to co-habitation with nature than humans? Who is more 'evolved' ?

IMO it is through our arrogance that we vastly underestimate the BF society. Until science gets over itself and has the
capacity to admit, and learn from its mistakes, science should not be held in such a high regard when it comes to being the measure of whether things are real or not.

Media aside, there is just way too much history and testimony to ignore the proof that is right there in front of us.

The 'pics or it didn't happen attitude' has allowed some to construct an almost impenetrable fortress of ignorance around them. If it's all about proof, then where is the proof that they don't exist?

Special pleading and Strawman arguments. You've summed the entire Bigfoot movement. There is no "proof" outside of math and logic, only evidence. As for evidence that it does exist, how about the fact that we haven't found any that he does.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

Proove that I'm not a fairy princess from the Gesticulon Galaxy. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Seriously though, when will people stop using this silly little arguement.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have been researching this topic in my free time for years, spending countless of nights reading through eye-witness reports, plotting them on maps, surveying the geography, looking for correlations and "high-traffic" areas. It's a lot of fun, but also very intriguing, because the more I read about this elusive creature, the more apparent it became that it might indeed exist. In-fact, personally I have little to no doubt anymore. Reports from active duty military personnel, to veterans, police, experienced hunters, frequent campers.... the list goes on, and it makes you wonder why this topic hasn't received more attention from the scientific community or the government, because apart from a few bad apples or cases of misidentification, the majority I had looked into sounded sincere and truthful.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I've read that, too. There's probably more than a little truth to that, too.

Not all the sightings can be of Sasquatch. If they were, we'd be in little doubt as to his existence...we'd be tripping over them constantly.

I make no claims as to understanding what I saw. I investigated as best I could, given my limited time, and resources... But based on that, and my own experiences, the best explanation, so far, is Sasquatch.

As I've said prior to this, if it was a bear, which I doubt, it was a very strange bear.

Whatever it may, or may not, have been...it was a profoundly unique experience.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Proove that I'm not a fairy princess from the Gesticulon Galaxy. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Seriously though, when will people stop using this silly little arguement.

There must be 100+ books about BF, countless articles, witness accounts, documentaries, world-wide sightings, references going way back etc.

If BF was simply made up, then you would have no problem in instigating such a field of research, fascination and credit to the Gesticulon Galaxy.

Let's give it 200 years and see if your fabricated Galaxy has made the same impact throughout the world.

The proof towards BF's existence is overwhelmingly greater than that to the contrary. It's not a silly argument, it is fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Not sure if I was clear enough, the arguement for bigfoot is not silly. Saying "you can't prove it isn't real!" is, incredibly so. Sorry for that.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

I always loved this subject, it's why I joined actually.

Not sure what to say about what WE have learned, but I know at least
what I have learned and can share....I go "squatching" as often as I can.

They are foragers, they know there are many edibles and when they can find them including
a time of season to find certain berries.

They are opportunists, if they think they can indulge their curiosity without being caught they will. They know when people are coming and going such as a vacation home or hours you work etc.

They are fierce hunters and gatherers, they can take down deer and other animals without them even knowing what hit them, and the forest animals know when they are there.

They know we seek them out, and are masters of stealth at avoiding us if necessary, I believe part of the reason we have not had contact is because of how much they watch things we do, and types of technology we have ie. trailcams etc. and they communicate to others like themselves what they have found. Sort of like the Indians would pass down their knowledge.

I believe their eyesight and hearing is far superior to ours. They can see infrared beams at night.(Maybe why they hunt at night)

They raise and rear children just like us, however their full scientific gestation etc. is totally unknown.

They are extremely intelligent, possibly beyond us, with other abilities, maybe a slight bit of psychic (I'm skeptical about that myself) but in a more primal/wild/feral/ instinctive way.

They hide their numbers, where as we teach soldiers to learn how to do this, it is instinctive and automatic for them, hence their little ones becoming big ones.

They have a language, possibly a dialect. I use tagalog as an example it is universal for all Filipinos to communicate, however they may have their own area language such as Cebuana, Pampanganian, Illocano(sp?), Negros etc.

They are fascinated by the way we live and things we do, thus my name Peekingsquatch, as they like to hide and peek around things, to watch what we are doing. Sometimes so enthralled they forget how big they are and can be seen on both sides of a tree peeking around it at you.

They have some kind of morals, as they get a kick out of watching kids play almost as if to stop and smile sometimes at the innocence between all of us when we are young.

They make territiorial markers, to alert others of their areas, and if you make one as a kid -they will make a larger one next to it almost out of spite or fun.

They may possibly bury their dead, (I know this is a far stretch but we haven't really found a body) or they know what to do with their dead so it is not found. Maybe even travel in "pods or packs" so they have an accounting for each individual.

If you get hit by a rock from them it hurts...(personal experience) they can skip rocks on lakes too from great distances!

There was actual DNA that was found and it was not Sykes bear. The mitochondrial DNA was human female with yet unknown primate.

Patterson film was real, it was female with large breasts(look closely) and can not be created even by our technology today, he did not go to his deathbed and confess a hoax... but there were people that made fake prints for attention.

Smeja might have actually shot one, but it's "pod or pack" removed the evidence. Had they not vacated the area, they could have been another statistic dead in the woods by unknown reasons. If they are threatened there is no telling what they are capable of. There have been people possibly killed by these creatures. (think Jurassic Park, the one Velociraptor you are watching is only a distraction-others are beside you that you didn't know are there) This suggests serious survival/fight or flight abilities and intelligence.

Rick Dyer will always be full of #.(can I say that?) As most people on the internet are. He is a joke here in Vegas.

You can make an entertaining show with a guy named Bobo and a press whore named Matt, but dragging a camera crew, eating sandwiches, smelling like soda, hosting a backwoods rave party, and leaving half eaten donuts and making noise for only 2 days in the woods, based on a report from 4 years prior -will never find one.

I know where you can, and what time of year. But you will need months by yourself of preparation, no press, no camera crew and tons of preparation to be able to find, see and document them, otherwise I would have tried. I can't let my mortgage and family go while I do it, but the funny thing is-if I go "squatching" back home even after a few years abscence they know it's me, the same kid they used to watch years ago. And they will find a way to spot you and get a good look without you knowing it. They do use trees for travel and hiding too. Ever notice no one looks uP while the squatch are tossing rocks through the woods for you to chase after??

They can smell you coming probably up to a mile away. They know if you tried to cover your scent and are near, that's why I say months of planning. The area I know of is still very active to this day, ever since I was a small kid. It's unfortunate I didn't realize until I was older that it was them all along.

They now know a bunch of nuts are out looking for them howling in the woods. Think of Star Trek 4 when they went back in time and got the whales, Spock says "We could mimick the sound but it would be jibberish without the actual animal," that's exactly what Matt, Ranae, Cliff and Bobo are doing AND teaching people to do. Notice the amount of reported sightings are starting to get less and less...?

If you are intelligent, a serious survivalist that could go in the woods for up to 2 years with nothing but the clothes you have on, (which we all like to think we are) have more patience than a saint, tons of time and unlimited funds I can help you find them. I don't claim to be an expert, I just know what I have learned through the years and am trying to pass it on in hopes we actual get to see one up close without killing it, then leave it alone, after all -we all know how it will end up for the tribe that came out of the woods in India, right??

They are a part of the ecology and food chain now, and have avoided being found for a reason.

Once they are exposed to their hiding/living/tasks etc. there will be all kinds of nuts storming the woods looking for them for many reasons. The first one that gets a trophy to mount on the wall will be a serious issue, the next will be the religious nuts that need to make them speak and be taught the word of the lord.

They may be a sub-human species that survived after all these years, and in addition there may be clans of feral humans out there too that could be mixed with Denisova, but that is another thread.

Again, I am not an expert and I don't claim to know everything about them, I just know what I have learned through the years and am happy to answer any questions, based on my experience growing up with them.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

PS- I was skeptical too for many years as I see many posters are, but once you have a "Come to Jesus" moment with them you realize this is not BS, they are real, they are out there, they know what you are doing, and they want no part of it. Look at Ranae on Finding Bigfoot, she hasn't had her moment yet. Once you do, you will think different. Some will have it, some won't have it, but it makes you re-think your entire life and existence in this world.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

***I didn't mean to take away from your thread if I did, just wanted to chime in the conversation and talk about it too. The subject was always fascinating, exciting and scary all at the same time for me, now I'm somewhere where it takes hours to get to a location they have been seen and it kills me because I know why they call it home...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Not sure if I was clear enough, the arguement for bigfoot is not silly. Saying "you can't prove it isn't real!" is, incredibly so. Sorry for that.

If one dismisses BF as a hoax, fantasy, fiction..whatever, then some person(s) must responsible for instigating it as so.
If you were able to find an admission from said parties that it is indeed a hoax, then you will have proof that it does not exist.

Of course you would need to find the worldwide collaborators, over centuries, that spread the hoax as a truth. You would also need to debunk every single picture and footage, testimony and account (although some of the YT clips are obvious fakes).

It is possible to prove BF does not exist, but which is easier, the above or using logic and common sense and accepting that there simply has to be something there?

I left my self open with statement but if you still think it is incredibly silly, then it is you Sir, who is Simon the silly sausage.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I was pretty firmly in the non-believer category, even after finding some huge footprints going up a big dirt hill in Big Trees state park in WA state. They were impossibly far apart and were oriented going UP the hill not down, so something was going up that hill taking 6 foot strides at least.

Still I was not convinced. Then I got a good look at it crossing the road. I did not get just a glimpse of it and there was no mistaking what it was. I was in shock at the realization that it was the real thing. I am still in shock two years later, and sad to say I have hardly been out in the woods since. I wish I had not seen it to be honest as seeing it and speaking about it has hurt my credibility with some folks and I have built my life on a reputation for honesty and integrity.

However, I DO speak about it if someone asks or the subject comes up because folks need to know that this huge creature is out there. I hunted and fished a lot in my life, and never feared the woods. Now my hackles are up if I am out of my vehicle up in the mountains and I fear running into him out there. Even a 30-06 seems trivial as a defense weapon, and I would certainly not shoot at one unless I had to.

Scary and I don't know why. Just the shock of seeing something so huge in real life I guess. The thing I saw was 10-11 ft tall at least, 4 ft thick thru the chest from front to back with shoulders 5-6 ft wide. It's thighs were bigger than my 40 inch waistline and the mass of it was simply unbelievable. The power of that thing would be an incredible force.

I am not so sure they are passive in nature. Not many accounts of them being violent, but a lot of people go missing in the woods every year. Yeah I wish I had not seen it at all, as it introduced something into my life that I had not had the sense to experience much of...fear. This debate will go on and on until some redneck shoots it. IMHO that will be a sad day...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned the E.T./U.F.O. connection? I've heard that the BF were ''brought here by the star men'' and also, that they are a mix of Human/Bear DNA.

Primate/Human is the common conception of their origin but when the ''it's a bear, dude'' occurs so often, it is plausible no?

What the general public remark with is always the same.. '' I kinda think there might be but I've not seen anything to really convince me ''.

May I ask?

What if, not unlike the UFO phenomenon, it's not acknowledged, approved, or allowed, by the old PTB ?
What if a relationship between the modern Human and the Bigfoot people provided us with TMI ?
What if acknowledgment, approval and allowance, is what the forgivable public are denied?

It is nothing new that our entrusted PTB deceive and abuse us beyond reason.

BTW 'Bigfoot' is a lame term...well isn't it? Would you like to be named after a remarkable body part?
I'm sorry my forest brevrin, we are a simple folk.

Peekingsquatch & Coopdog unlike most, you have some understanding of the creature, but I'm inclined to believe that there is even more to the story WRT their capacities. Thanks for your posts, as you have attested to not only to their strength, but the strength of the encounter.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I'd love to see proof of Bigfoot as I believe in them.
The problem is there's hardly any proof out there.
Even the guy in your video admits faking them.

His reply to a comment on his YouTube channel.....

Everything in the video is real in a tangible sense. The apparent "Sasquatch" in my video series does not exist as a large primate. It becomes real in our minds only because we humans latch onto things that we want to be true such as a forest dwelling bipedal man-ape known as Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti etc...as an example just take a look at all the "sasquatch/bigfoot videos on youtube...how many of them are "real?" I built my "Sasquatch" out of stories, fabricated "evidence," and acting (and a really goofly looking bigfoot costume) with the goal to teach you the viewers how we humans so easily fall for things that look real and seem authentic because they are either produced by an "authority" on the subject, or are on TV or on the internet. It is truly sad that I had to post so many disclaimers on the videos stating that this is a fictitious fabrication--but that fact also proves my point. Read the credits, do your own research, learn the truth and expand your mind 

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I had a dream about one that I can still remember, it was like 2 years ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Native American Bigfoot legends usually describe the creatures as around 6-9 feet tall

In my dream review I said it was around 7ft.

In some Native stories, Bigfoot may have minor supernatural powers

The thing psychically screwed with me.

Bigfoot can be considered a guardian of nature in some tribes.
These more benevolent Bigfeet usually appear alone

It appeared alone but sure as hell didn't seem benevolent

Anyways, i've never put much thought into it, before or even after the dream,
but it was so vivid it feels like a memory of a real encounter even to this day.

my dreams are weird.

edit on 17-8-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I don`t know about physical evidence, but there are a couple credible witnesses who had everything to lose by coming forward,1 being a professional psychiatrist who`s testimony is so compelling it`s obvious he seen something.Standing 6`9 whatever it was he seen towered over him and you can hear the fear in his voice talking about it. His sighting took place in Oregon 70 miles north of where the Patterson film was made. He sounds very convincing
bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

That is quite a testimonial and he is still extremely shook up by it. Never heard that one before, thanks for posting
edit on 17-8-2014 by shasta9600 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anton74

No evidence? There has been plenty.. It just depends on your criteria of what is worth taking a look at or what isn't. Proof is the ability to correctly interpret the strength of the evidence and make a determination for no one but yourself, the individual. If you have the aptitude to understand your environment and our world without masking reality with mental barriers like the general public does, then comes wisdom..

In Florida there have been large skeletons and skulls of humanoids found which resemble some kind of human with traits of neanderthal like features. In California there was a case where 4 guys went bear hunting and were chased off by a few big hairy hominids, and they had to ditch one of their vehicles which they went back for a few days later to find that one of the creatures made an imprint of it's own face on that vehicle's window using mud and water. They then had a forensic crime scientist DNA test the material and found that it was a mixture of human and something else they couldn't match. Of course when there really is evidence it is safer if you want to keep your job to just put those in the "we don't have a clue what those are" bin. That is our current reality.

edit on 17-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

To me, just because people like to joke and make fake videos of things does not mean there has never been a real video of a bigfoot. I have never known anyone who "wanted" any bigfoot report to be real or not real. People I have spoken to about it just said what they experienced without any need or desire to wish any of them true.

I also know several people personally as honest and credible including 2 close relatives who have had a 1000 pound log tossed right past their campfire at midnight in the Sierra mountains in northern California where people normally do not go, it is real wilderness and at least 100 miles from any towns, plus cell phones don't even work where they were at. 10 strong humans couldn't even do that. People say that these hairy hominid things are incredibly strong though.

I have seen a lot of faked vids and plenty of faked audio of them too, and there is sure no shortage of those. I have also seen and heard a few real ones, but those aren't the reason I think they exist. I think they exist based on the quality of the people that have told me about encounters with these creatures.

The sad thing for me is hearing how scared people are of these things where they start shooting or running in fear, which in nature will actually cause many critters to attack and kill. Of course maybe there isn't much else a person can do in a lot of those situations anyway. Sometimes people will empty a gun clip at a charging bear when it is too far away to hit, and then it is on them when they have no ammo left.

In many reports of bigfoots, people say the creatures aren't always angry or hostile, except when someone acts in fear towards them, then they get pissed and still they don't kill. They just scare them away. They are smart enough to know that their strength and size and bad smell usually works to their advantage. Where I come from, it is not hard at all to find people who have encountered these creatures close up and personal.

edit on 17-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If this a hoax, which I don't believe it to be,..it is an amazing performance. Sure looks like the real deal to me

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join