It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Amazing Form of Art(these people are crazy!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

edit on 16-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
the 2 images where the people are hanging by their hands are the craziest. the final one probably had another tower that forked at a point so the people taking the pic were either on the higher one or one the sender hight but using one of those poles.

I once hung by my hands off the edge of the UW husky stadium roof drunk as a whole pack of skunks, daring god to let me die repeatedly at the top of my lungs, shouting that if I had a purpose in life then God wouldn't let me die, much to my friends and girlfriends protests. I had to lower myself down the 4 or 5 rungs of the handrail then climb back up. I'm not even strong enough to climb up it but I guess I had drunk strength or something. I had to climb back up because my also drunk friends were threatening to "throw me off". I guess I was more afraid of them than I was of god.

I look at these and think a stadium is nothing compared to these people who seem to be a half mile or more in the air.. But I also realize height doesn't matter much once you get past 40 or 50 feet. 80 feet or 8000 feet, your probably gonna die either way. People get lucky though. Even at extreme heights. I would've landed on rows of seats with concrete under them. It still shakes me to my core to think back and remember that night. I don't get drunk anymore. Not because of that night but I just realized it wasn't good for me... Slightly buzzed is much better for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

My one year at SCAD we lived in Oglethorpe House which was a 5-6 story converted hotel. Little known fact, every year since its opening someone has jumped off, except the year I was there. I heard and spoke to many people over the year, even ones that saw others fall, some died from 2nd floor, while others only got seriously hurt from the 5th.(also these all occurred due to intoxication from one substance or another, it is an art school, I don't know if that makes a difference)
I think height is not the problem, it's when you stop and how you land.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum
Have you heard of Freerunning/Parkour?
They actually practice how to land from high places.

edit on 17-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

Though in this situation proper landing form isnt really gonna matter, some bones will probably shatter.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

Yes, I have and I thought of it to when looking at these things. Sort of as a progression of the sport, in not so many words.

Your video link didn't work but I'm familiar with these people, especially the one where that girl smashed her face into a concrete wall. lol

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

It's just a video with an explanation on proper landing form and technique.
Yeah Freerunning is a lot of fun but can also be very dangerous.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
double post

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join