It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Amazing Form of Art(these people are crazy!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am not afraid of heights but what's being done in these pictures takes that meaning to a whole new level.
I find these pictures beautiful by the unique perspective and the juxtaposition they pose.
They almost scream silence, given how breathtaking, I hope you like them to!

Even this guy gets his chance!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Christ... that just churns my stomache.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Those are very beautiful views.... They are either very brave or incredibly ignorant.

But, as far as I am concerned

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Yep. makes my palms sweat looking at the pictures. Dunno if this is art. But i guess that's in the eyes of the beholder right?

V

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just another day on the job for these guys.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Chris Hadfield is unimpressed.

Me? That's freaky man.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Holy crap, I'm dizzy just looking at them. And yes, my palms are sweating, too. Beautiful pictures, but christ almighty...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I luv them but It I think they're psychos tho'.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
By nature, I am absolutely terrified of heights. Yet I force myself to do things like ride roller coasters and sky dive or go up to the top floor of skyscrapers and take in the view. I am scared but for some reason I like the feeling. Go figure, I guess I am weird.

Those are some stunning and interesting pictures. I once took a picture very similar to the eleventh picture. The one with the girl in the red dress sitting on the ledge. Just more provocative. The girl in the picture I took also had red hair. They are almost exactly the same. The composition of the picture and perspective. Not the girls. It blows my mind. I would post the picture but it for sure violates the T&Cs.
edit on 16-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i know theres a word to describe what im feeling when i see these pictures.
Anyone know what its called?

On some of them im trying to figure out how they got up there and how theyre going to get back down.

Whenever im in a situation like this close to a high edge i Devolutionise and drop as low as i can and spiderman crawl slowly towards the edge

edit on 16-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

Also wondering how that last photo was taken from that perspective?

I think theyr'e all just trying to get god to notice them......"hey god do you see me now?"

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A friend of mine directed the Sikorsky Skycrane in with the final piece of the CN Tower, then shimmied up it and lit a hand held flare.

www.blogto.com...

Died years later in an 9.9hp, inflatable dinghy accident.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Would be a nice idea for a music video. Just throwing that out there.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As skunkape23 posted, many of these pictures were built on the backs of a generation that did these things for pennies an hour. My grandfather was a mason in Brooklyn, who came to this country from Romania, to work on just these very buildings in NYC. One day a load of bricks fell on his foot crushing and breaking every bone. He finished out the day and after work had my grandmother cut his boot off due to the swelling. He wrapped it up and went back to work the next day!
Definitely a generational difference in today's labor and theirs.

Intrepid - unfortunately every motion picture of space does not do it justice to how disorienting it must feel. But I haven't watched Gravity yet!

Elomen - you are right. How did they take that picture from that angle? Unless they were higher up then he was there is no other explanation. Then again, from what I've heard about Tom Cruise, that's not a hard thing to achieve!
edit on 8/16/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen
I beleive the word is virtigo. Yes I feel it too....

Heart in throat looking at these pictures. S&F thanks 4 posting.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
a reply to: ElOmen
I beleive the word is virtigo. Yes I feel it too....

Heart in throat looking at these pictures. S&F thanks 4 posting.

Definitely an uncomfortable feeling.

Not sure if it's actual vertigo though, I think that's more extreme and always present when faced with heights. I guess if you don't have vertigo you can get accustomed to it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just I felt an urge to push them?
Just imagine them falling...
Lol jk ( ̄▽ ̄)
Star and flag!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Awesome shots. Reminds me of "Joe McNally's" Empire state climb. It seems to me though that joe's climb is more concerned with safety though. Personally I get the willies just thinking of stuff like this.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Incredible, theres no way on earth I could do that. Im normally ok with heights.

Sweaty palms too.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Ok, I am a bit over "relaxed" and this made me so dizzy and pukey that i had to just scroll past it all and tell you.

I totes just had a funny turn.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Do they climb these things illegally? Pretty sure the bridge was..

Would suck to die over a picture.

Heard of people dying in these parts from climbing bridges.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join