It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else getting warnings from Virgin about ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have a good deal of protection up and use Firefox. I haven't gotten any warnings about ATS, but the one thing that has been happening since late afternoon yesterday is that my highly protected wifi is suddenly changing networks. I have checked all of my settings and it continues. I would find myself with netgear guest which was unprotected, now I am getting hijacked to a netgear guest 5G. When I restart my computer I hook up immediatley to my network., then I slow down a bit, check and find myself on the other networks. This has never happened ever. It is also the first time I have seen "guest" on any of the nearby networks.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
SO and/or mods, what say you?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Yep, Firefox for me as well. It used to happen months ago, every time I used the site, but just stopped. Strange thing is, it only happens if the page hasn't finished loading, and I start to scroll down. If I let the page load, it's okay.

But I don't have any worries using ATS itself. If it was a dangerous site, my McAfee would put it's huge WHOA!!! page, asking if I really want to go there!
I've never had that once using ATS.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Run your antivirus. Or update and then run your antivirus. Having only ever logged in on my phone I have never had that issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there was a Java update yesterday...or at least I noticed it yesterday. I installed it and haven't seemed to have a problem since.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavedweller88
I'm pretty sure there was a Java update yesterday...or at least I noticed it yesterday. I installed it and haven't seemed to have a problem since.

Did your notice of 'Updates are ready for your computer' appear after you'd been on ATS or some other conspiracy site?

Installing unsolicited updates is not a good idea.

(post by greavsie1971 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
**** REMINDER ****

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

i use virgin too, never ever had this, perma logged on my desktop pc etc.

Maybe worth mentioning i use Chrome, IE displays ATS very badly amongst other things.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by greavsie1971 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck

Yep, Firefox for me as well. It used to happen months ago, every time I used the site, but just stopped. Strange thing is, it only happens if the page hasn't finished loading, and I start to scroll down. If I let the page load, it's okay.

I use Firefox as well and now that you mention it I did have this problem only when I attempted to scroll before the page finished loading. I'm not sure how I fixed it but it seemed to have stopped doing it.

I used to use Chrome but switched to Firefox because I could not get Chrome to access chat.

Penny

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

That IP addresses is not associated with ATS in any way.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

It hasn't happened again since I posted last. I've been trying to force it so I could take a screen shot. Typical.

Just one of those random things I suppose. I just open a new tab when it happens. Not worried about it, it was just annoying.

Such is life on the net.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That IP address is associated with trojans and viruses, you almost certainly have some kind of malware on your computer. The IP is associated with LimeStone Networks, do not browse directly to it, as there appears to be JavaScript that attempts to load a malicious payload.

Related complaints on other sites today:
forums.malwarebytes.org.../topic/155233-java-adware/
www.reddit.com...
forums.digitalspy.co.uk...
www.minecraftforum.net...

Seems to be a common issue that could be sporadic malware firing, or a malicious ad. I'm checking all our providers for an assets from that IP.
edit on 16-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've been having trouble with Java updating a lot.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
[snip]
edit on 16-8-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Downtown Dallas, doesn't appear to be a private residence.

32.7791 -96.8028

Could be waiting for pigeons with cookies.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
I have a good deal of protection up and use Firefox. I haven't gotten any warnings about ATS, but the one thing that has been happening since late afternoon yesterday is that my highly protected wifi is suddenly changing networks. I have checked all of my settings and it continues. I would find myself with netgear guest which was unprotected, now I am getting hijacked to a netgear guest 5G. When I restart my computer I hook up immediatley to my network., then I slow down a bit, check and find myself on the other networks. This has never happened ever. It is also the first time I have seen "guest" on any of the nearby networks.

I've had that on my Linux laptop. It would have the network icon disconnected, but would spontaneously reconnect to an external wifi router (for some reason always dlink routers) and open the network connection. For the moment I have disabled wi-fi. It's an old-era laptop that actually uses the chassis as the wifi antennae.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
Apologies. A better view ...

That's not the ATS IP address, your browser is trying to access something else.

For a while now (and across different computers) I've had an issue which is very specific to ATS - every now and then when I click a link to open a page or thread, it will instead try to divert me to a completely unrelated page, usually some kind of advertising page, not always the same one. I think I posted about it ages ago. Doesn't happen anywhere else on the internet and I've thrown various malware and virus scanners at it. Not often, but say once in every 200 link clicks?

Edited to add: Hah, should have read all the posts before replying, it's already been noted that the IP address is not ATS.
edit on 16-8-2014 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join