It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the christian God an hypocrite?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
a reply to: PaulTheDuke

If you ever hear a christian speaking down to you. Or telling gays that god hates them, or anything of this kind....you can be assured they have not read the bible. They dont even understand the basic fundamental message it portrays.

The Bible condemns Homosexuality, that is a well known fact.. You cannot change that or dispute it. Regardless of the message you think it portrays there are certain actions which are explained and are also condemned.

You are right though when it comes to people saying "God hates (add the transgression here)". We are not meant to judge the people who are committing what the bible considers unrighteous. We are meant to simply refrain from committing those actions ourselves if we are true believers in the teachings.

If God is real and does come back to punish people, then that is his/it's job, not a bunch of fundamentalist morons who are likely doing things against the book they think they are following themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
a reply to: charles1952

Idk that one actually was a sin there, the event just seemed a little uncharacteristic of Jesus to my young ears. Acting out in anger regardless of the reasons why, sort of thing. The church I went to growing up didn't explain anything very well. It was all a coat of happy paint covering up a bunch of crap some of the leadership was doing. There were a lot of good people in that church, but a ton of hypocrites too.

Anyway, no issue with the money lenders I suppose, given the context.
edit on 16-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why is the christian God an hypocrite?

My reply to you would be to study the Bible more, read the gnostic and coptic gospels, Cicero, Mani, Augustine, Thomas of Aquinas, and anything and everything by C.S. Lewis....

Then read these books:

Luther's 'Bondage of the Will'
Augustine's Confessions
Jonathon Edwards' 'Religious Affections'
John Owen's 'Death of Death in the Death of Christ'
William Whitaker's 'Disputations on Holy Scripture'
John Bunyan's 'Pilgrim's Progress'
Loraine Boettner's 'The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination'
McMahon's 'The Two Wills of God'

Don't listen to "Christians" who claim they know God's will, then tell you a baby who dies without being baptized
can't "go to heaven". That's silly.
God takes care of business in a big way. That Almighty Spirit is sweetly and mightily organizing The Cosmos.
IT knows when a super nova explodes, and IT knows when you cut your finger.
No hypocrisy.
Just pure truth, love, awareness, energy, devotion, balance, and harmony.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For everyone that's still searching. I trully believe its the search that matters. Blindly following teaches you nothing. You can memorize words and still not understand them.

I used to be able to quote Scripture when I was a child. That by no means made me an expert.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thomas of Aquinas,I was interested before this thread to read about his writings.Thank you for your advice!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaulTheDuke
This was one of the reasons I became an agnostic.
I really don't know why fanatical christians or convinced christian doesn't think about some issues happening in the Bible.I will present here some of this issues...or this is what God wants ?

First of all God created absolutely everything..so He created evil(wars,famine,hate and so on ). Isn't it ?
We all know that God loves us,that is why kids in Africa are dying from famine,that is why the Holocaust happened,that is why innocent womans and kids die in wars....this are a few things that came up in my mind.

Why does this site get the same questions over and over again? He created everything and saw that it was good, not that it was evil. You conveniently left that little part of the scripture out. The Bible defines evil as anything that is opposite of God. To reject God is to reject everything that is good and to embrace evil. Just like cold is the absence of heat, evil is also the absence of God. So all the evil that is happening is because God left the building a long time ago. We are no longer in Gods presence. This is what the story of Eden is all about after all. God wasn't the one that brought evil into the world, Adam and Eve did by disobeying Gods order to not eat the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God wasn't even there when it happened in fact. The father gave the children rules to abide by before he left, and the father returns seeing his children did the exact opposite. God isn't the one committing the wars, the famine, and genocide, we are doing this to ourselves just fine.

originally posted by: PaulTheDukeGod also tells us to forgive as much as we can...why doesn't He forgave Eva for eating an apple ? I mean,she didn't knew that snake was evil.Even parents forgive their children for such little things....

God gave them a second chance by throwing them out of the garden. Sin is a death penalty in Gods eye, so he could have just killed them right on the spot. To pardon sins, a perfect sacrifice would have to be offered to atone for it, which is where Jesus Christ comes in, who is God in the flesh.

originally posted by: PaulTheDukeOh..and the apocalypse..He created us,gave us free will and he kills us all because we don't do what he wants...I still believe that this apocalypse in the Bible is a major mentality change that will come in our world.

The apocalypse is a process of elimination for those who will either accept or decline the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. This is not about simply "doing what he wants". He allows us the free will to either repent and follow him or to produce the rope to hang yourself with for the time of judgment. This is about saving yourself from being thrown in the lake of fire for an eternity.

originally posted by: PaulTheDukeAnd here is an invented story based on some criterias in the Bible I've found on the internet:
A divorced woman with her newly baby-borned slept in differet rooms of her apartment.A thief enters in her apartment who was trying to rape her and steal things and money,he also got a gun with him.He kills the baby and the woman throwed herself from the apartment,falls down and suicides.According to the Bible,the woman goes to hell because she suicides,the kid also goes to hell because he didn't got the baptism and if the thief repents and frequences the Church because he realised that he did something harsh....he goes to heaven.

Before I even bother answering this, what "criteria" are we referring to? Can you give a link?

edit on 16-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Here's the short version, because I'm in a hurry....Man created evil, although God did in fact create man with the free will of sinning. It was God's plan all along. Before creation, a perfectly loving and content Triune God existed for eternity. The only way for this type of eternal being to show His love, power, majesty, perfect mercy and grace was to create another being to fellowship with, not because He needed to, but because He wanted to, and so God created man. In order for man to fully acknowledge and worship God, we must live in a fallen and sinful state. In order for the perfect glory of God to show in all of it's majesty, there must be something to compare it to, hence the existence of evil. Yes, children starving and dying is terrible. Yes, people living in despair and poverty is terrible. What is the alternative? Far worse, because every human being has sinned and fallen short of God's glory (Romans 3:23) and because of that sin we ALL deserve death and condemnation (Romans 6) So you see, the fact that we are all alive and here is proof of God's wonderful mercy, because the alternative is death and hell for ALL. If God were only just, we would all already be there, but not only is He just... He is merciful, which is why we are all still alive. While we are alive we all have the opportunity to humble ourselves, repent, and believe on the LORD Jesus Christ for our salvation. Take advantage of the grace and mercy that God shows you EVERYDAY, and repent. Call upon His name to save you, because Jesus said "I have overcome the world" in John 16:33, and WE can overcome it with Him if you humble yourself and believe. Stop fighting a battle that has already been won.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I keep reading on this site peoples claims that Yah did not create evil. This is a false assumption. He tells us himself in the book of Isaiah.

Isaiah 45:6-7 "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

To make the claim otherwise would be to call Yahuwah a liar.

Some people read this verse and claim that it means that God creates sin or wickedness. This is a misguided conclusion that is usually based on a lack of knowledge or understanding of the word that is translated evil. A lot of people erroneously surmise that evil always means wickedness, but that is not the case. The word translated evil in scriptures does not "necessarily" mean evil in the same sense that we typically understand the word in our day. We use the word evil today as a synonym for iniquity or immorality, but that is not always the case throughout history or in the bible. The word translated evil in Isaiah is the Hebrew word [ra'], meaning something that is "not good." It is from a root word meaning to be spoiled, and by implication something that is not good or bad. It does not mean evil in the sense that we might think of the word today as wickedness, but more correctly understood as anything that is "not good" to us. For example, if a child receives a spanking, or we go through some adversity or have something befall us that we deem "not good" is considered [ra'] or evil. e.g.:
Further reading...

edit on 16-8-2014 by occrest because: link

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The God of the old testament is definitely questionable.

Setting a bear on children. killing everyone and starting over because he feels like it etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Hello Akragon,

"What sin was committed by flipping over tables?
My Fathers house is a house of prayer... You've turned it into a den of thieves..."

My question is about the "den of thieves". Beyond the narrow question of usury,

this Biblical passage speaks of economic justice.

Is Jesus a capitalist, or is he a communist?

Also, what is your take on Pope Francis' (economic) liberation theology?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

"The God of the old testament is definitely questionable."

Now let's not be criticizing God...

Next thing you know, you'll be questioning Zeus!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

"I keep reading on this site peoples claims that Yah did not create evil. This is a false assumption."

I believe that "Yah" is the God of the Cafeteria.

Do you want original sin? Take heaping helpings!

Do you want some Satan with that? We got the Zoroastrian special of the day!

We got a Christmas special on the Saturnalia truffle!

All sins are forgiven, but watch the sneeze guard.

Please pay when you leave.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

"....Man created evil,..."

And to that I say, "Hold your horses.."

This, to me, is clearly what I would call logic that is, well, not sublime, but subprime.

Does the God that you glorify (I assume) lay the blame for evil at your mortal feet?

That would explain original sin.

When I was born, I might have slapped the doctor,

but that does not make me an original sinner.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

Dear NC Bro,

"The Bible defines evil as anything that is opposite of God."

I don't believe that I have ever heard wiser words.

God is the perfection of virtue, and we, his children,

should seek to honor his trust in us.

God awaits our triumphant blessing of Humanity.

Thank you WiseManINC.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

"For everyone that's still searching. I truly believe its the search that matters. Blindly following teaches you nothing. You can memorize words and still not understand them."

The search for wisdom begins with the first step,
And even at that first step
we surpass those who will not, or cannot
seek the truth.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

"God takes care of business in a big way."

Who could possibly disagree?

But as an enlightened skeptic, I might question the nature of your wisdom.

God has entered your heart through the filter of you mind.

Thank you ColeWiser.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

"The church I went to growing up didn't explain anything very well. It was all a coat of happy paint covering up a bunch of crap some of the leadership was doing. There were a lot of good people in that church, but a ton of hypocrites too."

Who couldn't use a coat of happy paint?
Seriously though, you just revealed an example of the most human of human institutions.

The most important fact is that there were a lot of good people in that church.

They sound like honest, virtuous folk.

There are some Christians who are like that.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

"If God is real and does come back to punish people, then that is his/it's job, not a bunch of fundamentalist morons who are likely doing things against the book they think they are following themselves."

An interesting point. But here is another interesting point.

Throughout humanity, the will of God has always been expressed through a human being.

God may be perfect, but his messengers are not.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 16-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Basically the way I read Christianity is, you can do what ever the # you want to. You can rape, murder or steal. As long as you ask for forgiveness you go to heaven. Complete and utter bull#. Such a fairy tale. One of the MANY reasons I don't believe in religion.

edit on 1Sun, 17 Aug 2014 01:28:36 -050020142817728f282014-08-17T01:28:36-05:00 by GroidNificent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join