It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the christian God an hypocrite?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This was one of the reasons I became an agnostic.
I really don't know why fanatical christians or convinced christian doesn't think about some issues happening in the Bible.I will present here some of this issues...or this is what God wants ?

First of all God created absolutely everything..so He created evil (wars,famine,hate and so on ). Isn't it ?
We all know that God loves us,that is why kids in Africa are dying from famine,that is why the Holocaust happened,that is why innocent womans and kids die in wars....this are a few things that came up in my mind.
God also tells us to forgive as much as we can...why doesn't He forgave Eva for eating an apple ? I mean,she didn't knew that snake was evil.Even parents forgive their children for such little things....
I also know about a story in the bible in which God allowed the devil to kill 10 people in the "holy bet"...Oh God,super methaphorical christians will answer this one with hate...I will wait for your answers.

Oh..and the apocalypse..He created us,gave us free will and he kills us all because we don't do what he wants...I still believe that this apocalypse in the Bible is a major mentality change that will come in our world.

And here is an invented story based on some criterias in the Bible I've found on the internet:
A divorced woman with her newly baby-borned slept in differet rooms of her apartment.A thief enters in her apartment who was trying to rape her and steal things and money,he also got a gun with him.He kills the baby and the woman throwed herself from the apartment,falls down and suicides.According to the Bible,the woman goes to hell because she suicides,the kid also goes to hell because he didn't got the baptism and if the thief repents and frequences the Church because he realised that he did something harsh....he goes to heaven.

I know that I am going to be attacked from all sides by christians...but this is the cold truth and the Bible and the Christianity needs a big reform..

I want to be clear that this was my opinion and I don't want to have replies like this : "who are you to change the Bible" or "show us an expertise on this"....
I am waiting for your replies and have a nice day!

Peace!

edit on 16-8-2014 by PaulTheDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Don't even bother. They will never see to admitting the obvious.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There are different versions or ideas of the Christian God, his kindness or anger depends on who wrote about him. I like the God that Jesus talked about his version seems the nicest.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

I heard about a fifth evangel of Toma in which he tells us about the world in a more...open-minded way and metaphorical,but the Church abolished it because of manipulation reasons in the MIddle Ages.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PaulTheDuke

WOw, lots of questions. Would take me ages to answer them according to my beliefs but I'll give it a try in brief.

Not sure why you think Christians will have a go at you, you ask questions many people who haven't really delved into the Bible ask. No problem. Its nice to see you taking an intrest.

God did create evil. When reading the Bible it becomes clear that the main goal is 'eternal life', not this life. This life is for us to experience evil, see the damage it does and make a choise of wether we partake and recieve the spoils or decide to decline from evil, and the spoils it brings. Evil is not permitted to go where we are going. Therefopre we have free will. If God intervened everytime we were to do something wrong.....we would not have free will, we would never learn from our and others mistakes. We would be like robots.
If we were to believe the Bible, we would appreciate that death from this life is not final. Therefore not quite the bad thing it would seem. If we believe and have been good boys and girls, we will be rewarded, with eternal life, our true state. This is the state we have been designed to achieve.

The apocolypse. When reading the various books in the Bible regarding this we are told that there will be many events that will take place. The point is, once these events happen, we should recognise them. Thise people familiar with the bible will have a job to inform the non believers of what is happening. Its up to them what they believe. The point being, its our last chance to accept Jesus and repent our sins, as we will see the proof before our very eyes. It is to help us see the truth, our last chance. Again, this life is not our final destination, so death is not as bad as it may seem on this world.

The bible does not need reform like you said, your understanding of it does though. I know it can be difficult to read so may be worth watching biblical scholars on youtube explaining these things. Thats how I got started.

If you do not have a Biblical mindset, these things will be difficult to understand and easy to critisize. If you take time to study it does become much clearer, as the bible tells us it will.

I used to think just like you, now I have studied it in more detail the answers become clear. You really need to study it in order to understand it. If you ever do, Im sure you will find it fascinating, even if you do not believe it.

As for the OT god, he is the same as thew NT, just different conditions on earth, that threatened the whole of mankind. Therefore he had to act in order to save us from destruction. That meant destroying cities that were infected. We are told before he destroys Soddam, if the angels found 10 or more rightous men, he would spare the city...they found none. They were all 'infected'.
edit on 16-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

I like your modern perspective about God..but look at this fanatical word-by-word christians who "doesn't know why they are christians" and I was also treated with the fires from hell and...I was laughing because I had mercy of their naivity.
NIce perspectivem,thank you !

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

"First of all God created absolutely everything..so He created evil (wars,famine,hate and so on ). Isn't it ? "

Yes "God" did create Evil, that is clearly stated within the scriptures. I'm not sure how anyone could overlook OR simply not pay attention to that.

"We all know that God loves us,that is why kids in Africa are dying from famine,that is why the Holocaust happened,that is why innocent womans and kids die in wars....this are a few things that came up in my mind."

Again, you need to study the scriptures instead of having someone else give you their thoughts on it. Human beings were given the responsibility to take care of the earth as well as all that dwell upon it, which includes all the animals, sea creatures AND human beings/each other (again, that's within the scriptures)

All of your questions and or statements have clear answers, If I had more time I would answer them myself. I noticed this section here you stated...

" also know about a story in the bible in which God allowed the devil to kill 10 people in the "holy bet".."

Would you mind explaining that "story" and where it is exactly located within scripture?...Or are you referencing the book of Job?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Would you mind explaining that "story" and where it is exactly located within scripture?...Or are you referencing the book of Job?

Go on.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If you ever hear a christian speaking down to you. Or telling gays that god hates them, or anything of this kind....you can be assured they have not read the bible. They dont even understand the basic fundamental message it portrays.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This killing 10 people thing, I have no idea what that is. Do you have a referance so we can see what you are referring to?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Look for ArchAngelOger reply....He will explain me about that story.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaulTheDuke

I like your modern perspective about God..but look at this fanatical word-by-word christians who "doesn't know why they are christians" and I was also treated with the fires from hell and...I was laughing because I had mercy of their naivity.
NIce perspectivem,thank you !

It's not modern. Its what I understand from the Bible.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In my opinion the World which we know is divided down the middle by opposites. These opposites are seen in simple physics to behavioral patterns of organic life forms. We are all very clever energy. Very old energy. From these opposites "reality" is vibrated and manipulated by our very selves.

Would be great if got over our amnesia. Maybe its just part of the game

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

This is hilarious beyond belief.

You peeps do realize that the Islamic, Jewish and Christian are all considered to be the same one.
But here you are questioning something before you even know all the facts.

For ONE: The Bible Canon was put together by the Templar's; back in their time, the church was the seat of government much like some countries today. This resulted in a lot of great books being left out because it kind of painted a picture of the church as not being so strict as it is seen today.

TWO: The Bible has nothing to do with God. It is merely a guideline on how to live your life. Like for example making choices. When Jesus got angry in the temple, it was his choice to do so and thus felt guilty about it. Reading The Bible is almost like reading a diary or journal.

Yes, a lot of churches and people worship this book; which is wrong in the eyes of the true believers.

THREE: Can you not figure this stuff out on your own? You turned away from something without being able to think outside the box. Like understanding that this is from a society that no longer exists. Stuff that they accepted in their cultures would not be accepted today. Just like back then, you removed the body part that helped you sin or the various ways of dealing with criminals.

Now that you know all this....is The Bible really that bad? No and you know it.
You atheists sound like a broken record...The Bible this...The Bible that. How about do research of the religions before bashing something you do not know.

Also, you are not agnostic.

I know that I am going to be attacked from all sides by christians...but this is the cold truth and the Bible and the Christianity needs a big reform..

Let me tell you about my church. He doesn't preach from The Bible. He preaches from daily events. He doesn't judge you for who you are because he had a messed up life with crime and drugs plus various other issues. It is his church and he allows you to wear whatever you want because God doesn't really care what you wear. He has said it numerous times "If you want to come in here in your PJ's by all means as long as you abide by the laws of the state."

Just because you had a bad experience with church, DOES NOT MEAN you label every single one of them.
That would be like me hating every atheists because most of you have no clue about religion and establish churches in the name of atheism and continue to say it isn't like a religion.

A lot of my good friends are atheists. I never seat down at a meal with them and tell them about God like door to door salesman. There is an appropriate time for this.

So, let this be known...STOP TRYING to ruin the lives of religious believers. It makes you peeps look like you have an agenda to destroy something that had no threat to any of you. Stop going out of your ways to do this and begging us to do the Lord's work in Detroit or anywhere in the United States. We are beginning to careless because our belief of the tribulation is coming. Whether or not you peeps believe it, you certainly do believe that the world is about to come to an end; which is not a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As probably stated above all the Abrahamic religions sacred texts were written by different authors up to decades after the fact.

The bible is not the word of God like people want you to believe. The bible is mans interpretation of Gods word.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

Thank you for your hard attack on my opinion.

Also, you are not agnostic.

Goddamnit.An agnostic is someone who doesn't deny the existence of God.I believe in God in my way,in a more modern way.I believe in a somekind of spiritual atheism.But thank you again.The world can't evolve because of people like you.

So, let this be known...STOP TRYING to ruin the lives of religious believers. It makes you peeps look like you have an agenda to destroy something that had no threat to any of you. Stop going out of your ways to do this and begging us to do the Lord's work in Detroit or anywhere in the United States. We are beginning to careless because our belief of the tribulation is coming. Whether or not you peeps believe it, you certainly do believe that the world is about to come to an end; which is not a coincidence.

Huh? You kidding me aren't you ? There are also atheists and agnostics who doesn't know why they are so.Those people think that they are smart and they like to ruin others beliefs.I am not one of them.I love open-minded people with whom I can learn something,unfortunately you aren't one of them.

Thank you for sharing your opinions and have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You mentioned that all of this is a reason you became agnostic. I can see where it might lead someone to think anti-Christian thoughts, but agnosticism refers to belief in God. Have you rejected (or doubted) all other religions as well?

the Bible and the Christianity needs a big reform..

Reforming the Bible is just dishonest. We know what the Bible says. You can claim it's not inspired, or that it was heavily influenced by sociopolitical factors, or whatever. But the Bible has been written and it exists. "Reforming" a writing is destroying it.

Christianity needs a reform? Possibly, depending on what you mean. Would you make it more like some other religion? Which one? Would you get rid of all the God and Jesus and miracle stuff?

This was one of the reasons I became an agnostic.

I really don't know why fanatical christians or convinced christian doesn't think about some issues happening in the Bible.

I really don't know why you think that Christians don't think about these issues and more. Of course, we do. No honest Christian, or even an honest human will continue to believe a lie once they've discovered it. Christianity is about truth, not running from it.

First of all God created absolutely everything..so He created evil (wars,famine,hate and so on ).

As you say, He created us (and the angels) and gave us free will. But He didn't create evil. People (and the devils) decided to become rebels against God. First Lucifer, then the devils who followed him, then Eve, then Adam. God did not create anything evil. Lucifer & Co. deform or destroy what is good into evil. They try to persuade people to adopt hate or greed as their driving purpose. People who do, are doing the devils' work for them.

Not surprisingly, God, who created good, is sad to see His former angels and His children on earth fouling things up so badly.

God also tells us to forgive as much as we can...why doesn't He forgave Eva for eating an apple ? I mean,she didn't knew that snake was evil.Even parents forgive their children for such little things....

I think you may have misunderstood the story.

God called Adam and Eve together and says "Welcome to existence and to your new home. I love both of you and want you to share in My love forever. One thing, though. Over in the medicine cabinet, there's a bottle with a skull and crossbones on it. Don't touch it. Really, don't touch it. I swear to Me that you'll be up the creek if you fool with it. You're adults, you understand Me, and you can make your own choices. But, if you love Me, leave that stuff alone."

We know what happened after that. Of course, God forgave us and gave us another chance, but you don't drink that "Off limits" stuff without having to pay for it, whether you're forgiven or not.

According to the Bible,the woman goes to hell because she suicides,the kid also goes to hell because he didn't got the baptism and if the thief repents and frequences the Church because he realised that he did something harsh....he goes to heaven.

I seriously doubt that the Bible says that, but I know the Catholic Church offers the possibility of Heaven to all three of them.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
One thing I always wondered was how was flipping over the money lenders tables in anger, technically not considered a sin? I know it's nothing on par with far worse crimes and Jesus obviously had good reason to do it. Maybe next time I'm at the bank I'll start throwing things around. Only thing is I doubt the cops that will inevitably show up won't take my answer of "WWJD" as a good enough excuse for my antics.

Edit to add:
Also, found this video that covers some of the reasons I decided to stop following Christianity. (Now I guess I'd be gnostic or agnostic, still searching for answers)

I haven't asked any of the Christians I know what they think of some of the material presented, but their opinions would be interesting to hear.

edit on 16-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: additions

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

What sin was committed by flipping over tables?

My Fathers house is a house of prayer... You've turned it into a den of thieves...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The money lenders were continuously stealing money from the people who were entering God's House to worship. An ongoing crime and a sacrilege. Additionally it was an offense against His Father. File this under "righteous anger," or "crime prevention."

Next case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join