It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone see an allegory in this song?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

So what's the underline of the story. The first part is the story of the boy being told to get revenge but what's the second meaning in your mind?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Why can't I stop listening to it. Lol. The creepy girls voice. So addicting

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GuySmiley007

Well, considering his background, he seems to be talking about a generation which was older than his which somehow poisoned his mother to the point of her death. And he says they are the only two left alive, which on this planet under these conditions, that makes sense.

It is just funny to me that he claims to be seeking revenge for his mother, because from what I can remember, his mother is the very being he has most abandoned in his progression. He was brought into a priory (holy place) to do good works (Mitzvah), but he never forgot the idea of revenge. So he sailed the seas (mystical travel) to hunt down the person who "poisoned" his mother. And considering the cruel way he describes the death, that sounds very familiar somehow.

Oh well, it isn't my people, so I don't have the keys to fully understand this allegory. All I can know is where the similarities between the diverse many, the brazen few and the slavish ones align somewhat.

A giant whale coming up from the depths reminds me of a great extra-dimensional force, but there is that little thing about Jonah and once again not having the keys to understanding what that passage is truly talking about, I can only wildly speculate. I know it has nothing whatsoever to do with a warm-blooded fish.

top topics

join