It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning Quick Questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

No... Consciousness alone, is, in my view, incapable of altering the physical universe. Consciousness can allow a person to react to the physical universe in a way that will change it a little, but consciousness separated from the physical body is lame.

If consciousness was as powerful as Necash suggests, then no one would go hungry. Instead, those in need would merely cause the atoms and molecules which comprise bread, fish, beef, lamb, rice, and so on, to appear before them in an edible format, without them having to be first, farmed, separated out, recombined, and so on and so forth.

No. Consciousness alone has no power. Only consciousness, wrapped in flesh, and able to motivate itself to act, to think, to create, to build and to destroy, only in tandem with a biological element, can consciousness achieve anything at all. By itself it is like a processor without a hard drive, or a modem, or a keyboard, or a mouse or monitor. Consciousness itself is inert until combined with other elements in order to create a thinking, feeling, breathing being, and all the wonders and horrors that entails.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thank you for your response.

If CERN is successful in recreating conditions at the moment of the big bang and are able to determine that the four major forces are not constant, then the possibility of a multiverse of universes, each unique unto itself becomes real.

Until then the existence of extraterrestrial life in this universe is indeterminable.

Perhaps life occurs frequently throughout the universe as Fermi's theorem suggests, however the absence of evidence for such a condition is equal to that for the religious theory of life being a singular creation or for a Doppleganger universe with the only life occurring on an alternate earth.

In other words, none whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

The absence of evidence could merely be the scale of the universe defeating our attempts to discern meaning from what we see in it.

However, every single time we find an exoplanet orbiting the right kind of star, or the right type of surface, and so on and so forth, the chances of us finding life of some sort, elsewhere in the universe, and perhaps, the galaxy. It is, however, my belief that only by actual exploration, by putting craft out there, by taming the Higgs Boson perhaps and creating space warping propulsion techniques, will that big question ever be answered for sure.

That is why we need to abandon all this territorial phallus waving that is happening to our species at the moment, and focus all our thought and resource on the outer reaches of space. You see, as we are now, we are limited in time, to the life of the Solar System. But I want to live in an age which prepares us as a species to break the mould, to escape our homeworld and our birth system, and learn to live amongst the stars, on other worlds, in other galaxies eventually. I want to be a part of the generation that flings those who come after us, toward the edges of known space, with passion and hunger for knowledge.

If we fail in this, then we will be doomed to be snuffed out in one huge moment of catastrophic devastation. Whether that comes from asteroid impact, the eventual death of the Sun, or our own inability to live in balance with the nature that brought us into existence, is irrelevant. All that matters is making the effort required to free us from that fate.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have no doubt their is life beyond Earth in this one universe, I would be more surprised if there wasn't.

As for consciousness it has power but due to a system, that is set up much like 'checks and balances' we will never be able to use it to it's fullest potential without fracturing into infinite multiverses. I for one feel we are in a simulation programmed to the highest degree. When I play video games I see the pixels. When I look at elementary particles I see it made up of even smaller pixels - quarks. So on and so forth, until eventually all that is left is programming, which one can surmise is similar to string theory and the vibrations are the code. What created it well that's another question, us, god, multi-dimensional fish tank for a child, ?

I posted the question because I believe not only are aliens out there, but they are here to some degree. I have no information other then a gut feeling, too many people would need to have partaken in the lie and keep it going, too many people connected have disclosed to their families on death beds, there just are too many events and the list is ever increasing. The list may grow by one true story out of 1000, but still over years it adds up.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think all of the above and then some. This is how I think of things like this. If there is a shadowy global cabal that secretly runs the worlds. There are going to be factions within factions within factions, and hierarchies within those factions. If there is an even more secret layer. Aliens, or demons, or super intelligent dolphins, or whatever, above that shadowy global cabal that secretly runs the world. There are going to be factions within factions within factions, and hierarchies within those factions of the Aliens, demons, super intelligent dolphins, or whatever. So because of that, all your choices could be true at the same time.

That is before we even get into alternate realities or the multiverse. Or gods and religion. Or time traveling versions of our future selves sending thought waves back to rewrite themselves. Or living in a simulated program to the highest degree like you said.

So all of those options you gave in the OP can be true and not true at the same time. Or maybe not. That is the beauty of reality as we perceive it.
edit on 16-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join