It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1) "Violence against women will not be tolerated."
2) "Male depression is a serious issue. Let's help men beat the blues!"
3) "Women should be treated with respect and dignity by men at all times."
4) "Racism is wrong. Minorities deserve the same rights and freedoms as the majority enjoy."
5) "Anti-Semitism is awful. Hatred of Jews should not be tolerated in any civilised society."
6) "Islamophobia is a disease that corrupts the mind. Irrational fear toward Muslims will not be tolerated."
1) Violence will not be tolerated.
2) Depression is a serious issue that society should acknowledge and address.
3) Everyone should be treated with respect and dignity by others at all times.
4) Racism is wrong.
5) & 6) Fear and Hatred towards others based on their religious beliefs (or lack of beliefs) is wrong.
originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Iamthatbish
But the thing is that we are all individuals. You and I are different and unique. It does no one a service to try to quantify us by how many groups they can sort and subdivide us into based on appearance or behavior because there are always going to be those individuals who still will not neatly fit into those nice little boxes. And when you allow yourself to start putting people into nice little boxes ... you start making assumptions about them, preconceived notions which is where the misunderstandings and division come from.
originally posted by: Iamthatbish
That mathematics and other measuring just makes me nervous. Color outside the lines!
a reply to: Aazadan