It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycotting Israel: BDS movement reaches tipping point

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deege
You are correct sir, I feel everyone can make a difference. I try to avoid any corp that does business or supports Israel. Choose Pepsi over Coke, Toshiba over HP, AMD over Intel, it's easy and fun.a reply to: CommandoJoe

You should try harder then:

Toshiba Israel

Ever use Google?

How about Windows or Microsoft products?

Oops, looks like Pepsi is off the table too. FYI - while Coke is the dominate brand in Israel, Pepsi is available pretty much everywhere...

Strauss and PepsiCo have worked in collaboration for over 20 years.

The partnership began in 1990 with PepsiCo Frito-Lay in the salty snacks operation, when Strauss Group (then Elite Industries Ltd.) teamed up with the American multinational Food & Beverage corporation through its subsidiary, PepsiCo Investments Europe (I) B.V. (“PepsiCo Europe”) and subsequently established the salty snack production site in Sderot, Israel.

And I guess you must now divest yourself of that shiny new AMD powered Toshiba laptop...

Do you have a smart phone? Running Android? See Google above. Running Windows? See Microsoft above. Or maybe an iPhone?

It really isn't that easy - but if it makes you feel better and you're having fun, more power to you - It won't make a difference though...

edit on 17-8-2014 by CommandoJoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by CommandoJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You are correct sir, I feel everyone can make a difference. I try to avoid any corp that does business or supports Israel. Choose Pepsi over Coke, Toshiba over HP, AMD over Intel, it's easy and fun.a reply to: CommandoJoe

AMD does its R&D in Israel since 2011, Toshiba since 2013 and Coke is Palestines 3rd largets employer, and both Coke and Pepsi are sold in Israel and Palestine. How are you making your choices? Boycott the one that does more buisness? Honestly it would be impossible to buy any sort of tech and not see some of that money heading to Israel.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This why Pepsi over Coke www.inminds.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.inminds.com...
It appears Toshiba sells laptops all over the world, and AMD bought a small start up in Israel.

I still feel both are better options than HP or Intel which have huge facilities there.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Israel made the first move.

funny how you ignore the thousands of missiles launched by Hamas terrorists for years at Israel.... why do you ignore them?
en.wikipedia.org...

well, they actually don't really kill anyone so it's ok.

impotent rage is all, after the wall was built.

no more blowing up busses and pizza shops, that really pissed them off.

they miss the good ol' days.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Palestine is not a country, never was a country, and Israel has not maintained a presence in Gaza since 2005...

Palestine is a country and is recognized by the UN as a country and has observer state status. Also it looks like Israeli propaganda 101 forgot that Gaza is part of Palestine and the West Bank which shares a unity government with Gaza is occupied. Also the blockade against Gaza is collective punishment.

then firing rockets into another country is an act of war.

it gives israel the right to stomp gaza flat.

unless you say that hamas hasn't declared war on israel, then it is not an act of war.

like obama's "war is over" declaration for iraq.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

You should try harder then:

Toshiba Israel

Ever use Google?

How about Windows or Microsoft products?

Oops, looks like Pepsi is off the table too. FYI - while Coke is the dominate brand in Israel, Pepsi is available pretty much everywhere...

Strauss and PepsiCo have worked in collaboration for over 20 years.

The partnership began in 1990 with PepsiCo Frito-Lay in the salty snacks operation, when Strauss Group (then Elite Industries Ltd.) teamed up with the American multinational Food & Beverage corporation through its subsidiary, PepsiCo Investments Europe (I) B.V. (“PepsiCo Europe”) and subsequently established the salty snack production site in Sderot, Israel.

And I guess you must now divest yourself of that shiny new AMD powered Toshiba laptop...

Do you have a smart phone? Running Android? See Google above. Running Windows? See Microsoft above. Or maybe an iPhone?

It really isn't that easy - but if it makes you feel better and you're having fun, more power to you - It won't make a difference though...

i wonder how he feels about hot israeli gals?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's interesting that folks talk about the "Collective Punishment" by Israel, but fail to notice that Egypt also blockades just as strongly and have done so when Israel did when Hamas came to power. But you won't see the BDS or Pro Hamas supporters here telling that story and nor will you see rockets heading into Egypt because of their blockade !!.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
US Congress: There is no legitimate form of Palestinian resistance

Congress uses U.S. trade policy to undercut European pressure against Israeli settlements. A new U.S. bill legitimizes Israeli settlements and delegitimizes Palestinian non-violent resistance to the occupation.

The Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act legally authorizes the White House to negotiate and sign trade deals. An amendment in that bill now defines Washington’s principal objectives in those negotiations to include the discouragement of boycott, divestment and sanctions moves against Israel, including non-tariff barriers on Israeli goods, services or commerce.

The key term here is, “or in Israeli-controlled territories.” That term is specifically used in Israel to refer the Israeli presence in the West Bank, including the settlements. To put it simply, Congress is saying that as far as it is concerned, there is no difference between Tel Aviv and the West Bank settlement of Kiryat Arba.

Another point of immense importance is the inclusion along with BDS, “politically motivated non-tariff barriers.” Because the amendment specifically applies to trade talks with Europe, that wording should be understood as a response to increased efforts by the EU to ensure that its trade agreements and financial relationships with Israel do not cross the Green Line. That means labeling settlement products, limiting financial cooperation and lending to companies that operate in the settlements and the withdrawal of agricultural inspection certificates for Israeli goods produced in the West Bank.

In the same way :

You can boycott anything in Israel — except the occupation

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Israel's president calls BDS a 'strategic threat'

BDS has successfully entered the mainstream in recent years. Whereas Israelis’ contact with the BDS was once relegated to the occasional foreign musicians refusing to perform in Tel Aviv, is now being felt in academic forums across the world, as international corporations pull out of Israeli public works projects, and major investment and religious institutions begin divesting from companies that do business with Israel.

The non-violent grassroots movement modeled on South African anti-apartheid campaigns is viewed by a threat by many in Israel. Of the movement’s three demands — an end to the occupation, full equality for Palestinian citizens of Israel, and a resolution for Palestinian refugees of 1948 — Israelis specifically cite the refugee issue as a veiled attempt to undermine Israel’s Jewish identity.

On the other hand, Palestinians and supporters of the boycott movement argue that BDS simply demands that Israel end the occupation and fully respect Palestinian rights, without prejudging any political outcome.

Up until recently consensus wisdom in Israel was that despite increasing gains and small isolated victories, the boycott is a marginal movement. By allocating significant resources to fighting it and describing BDS as a strategic threat, however, the Israeli government is now telling us that boycott might actually be more effective than previously thought.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's good that the Olympic Games and Asian Games organizations invited Palestine to compete since 1996 and 1990 respectively. It lends legitimacy to a Palestinian state. These non-violent actions make it difficult for Israel to rub out the existence of a Palestinian state. It goes hand-in-hand with the BDS movement.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join