It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Store didn't call cops on Michael Brown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

The reason Brown said "don't shoot" is because Wilson had already shot him, Brown didn't want another bullet.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I'll wait till the court evidence is let out before I make a judgement on whether the cops actions were justified. When there are so many people watching if this is a fair call, I suspect that the police will not be railroading this in their favor. It will hopefully be an honest trial.

This guy who got shot did not seem to be a very nice guy. A little overpowering it appears. He should have probably been arrested, but not shot.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I am counting on a full and fair investigation along with most folks in the St. Louis area. I can not even imagine, nor do I want to, what would happen if this cop shooting of Brown is treated with anything less than unbiased justice.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

From what I read, he stole a box of cigars and took physical action when he was caught. That would be shoplifting and extortion. Shoplifting gets you no time usually unless it habitual and over a hundred bucks. Extortion can get you about thirty days in this case.

Ignoring the fact that this robbery has nothing to do with the shooting because the cops did not know about it at the time is not good. If they shot every jerk out there, our population would be reduced by thirty percent in this country minimum.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That was a resident of the neighborhood that called it a petty crime. What did she say when asked if the video made the store a target? You conveniently left out that part.

And besides, no one is saying that robbery and extortion justifies execution in the street. The only things this video proves is that Brown was a hardcore thug and Johnson was his little lying b!tch.

link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Yes, I hope that this gets solved in a fair and adequate way.

link   

From just looking at the video, I believe the store clerk could have killed him in self defense had he been armed when the physical altercation took place.

Not 100% sure about the law in that state but it seems people have gotten off with worse things on the claim of self-defense. It is beyond debate that black men are perceived as generally dangerous in US society.

The shopkeeper had to make some choices and he showed remarkable restraint IMO. I'd like to see the community recognize that and help him out.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: VoidHawk

I've had more than a few encounters with cops and the statement, "please, don't shoot' isn't one of the first things that is said.

if Michael brown said it, he must have been doing something that led to that place...sort of like...'don't taze me bro."

What YOU THINK is irrelevant, especially when your just making things up!

You condemn a dead boy even though we all know you do not have all the facts.

I hope people are looking real close at what your saying, because its thinking like yours that created the situation in ferguson.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

For people who sit on the sidelines watching to determine what is or is not necessary is offensive. the cops aren't even protecting the businesses in that town anymore...do you know why? when someone gets shot again, its not their fault its the cops fault.

in 20 years when ferguson Missouri is a forsaken wasteland where no one wants to own a business or a home, you'll know the day it went down that road.

if, probably when, the State doesn't prosecute Darren Wilson for murder, they're will more looting. then Obama will call for a federal investigation which has already begun, and a Federal civil trial will begin claiming that Mr. Browns civil rights were violated and then the career and life of Wilson will be destroyed for political reasons. When the Shopkeeper says something...his family will be threatened and he will have to move for his own safety.

then the people of ferguson, will watch their town go to hell and wonder what happened and ask the federal government for money...

all for Michael Brown.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The cop who murdered that boy had no idea he was involved in robbing a store of cigars. The cop stopped them because they were waking in the middle of the street.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The shopkeeper had to make some choices and he showed remarkable restraint IMO. I'd like to see the community recognize that and help him out.

Oh you must not have heard... they helped him out by looting his store last night.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

how is calling a Robber a Robber condemnation?

but ill accept that thinking like mine is what is creating the situation in ferguson.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

on Chicago news it was said it was a box of cigars priced at nearly $50.

found it unusual that an 18 years old would have such tastes, but that's what I read.

A box of cigar costing $50 are not fine cigars. One cigar costing $50 is a fine cigar. He stole a box because he was probably a marijuana smoker and enjoyed smoking blunts.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

marijuana, huh? the authorites should check his blood to determine if he was under the influence of illegal drugs at the time of the shooting.

maybe mr. brown was having a bad trip that night.

ferguson should hold on to its hat, if the coroner determines that brown was on drugs, his family and friends are likely to burn down the county building.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I am amazed at the long distant diagnosis of a whole community.

I'm not on the sidelines, but then what I know does not agree with your preconceived notions.

Here is my prediction for the next twenty years concerning Ferguson.....

Law enforcement will be gutted of abuse and corruption and will finally be proportionate to the population as far as race.

Ferguson will be the poster child for all other communities that have lived with or are still living with injustice.

Businesses and residents will want to relocate to Ferguson in order to be a part of a new chapter in civil rights in our country.

Ferguson in twenty years will be a wonderful and thriving city, and will be mentioned often in history lessons as the spark that forced accountability onto those that rule over us.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I guess a customer called 911.

Anyways..DOJ ( who is investigating Ferguson Police Dept.) advised the FPD not to release the video and FPD did anyway - going so far as to imply that the officer knew of the robbery, at least until community leaders and media called BS on that spin and they clarified.

Then last night, the market gets vandalized.

If I owned Ferguson Liquor Store I would sue the pants off of FPD. AND which ever law enforcement agency was in charge of maintaining law in order last night, Missouri Highway Patrol? Who?

edit on 8/16/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Swills

marijuana, huh? the authorites should check his blood to determine if he was under the influence of illegal drugs at the time of the shooting.

maybe mr. brown was having a bad trip that night.

ferguson should hold on to its hat, if the coroner determines that brown was on drugs, his family and friends are likely to burn down the county building.

I wish I had not written that last post to you. my aim was way too high.

Are you like 90 years old? Did you grow up watching Reefer Madness?
edit on 16-8-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I see what you are saying, that is what happened in East St. Louis just across the river right? and so many other places in this country.

sounds like you have your plate full for the next 20 years.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So the police are standing down towards active looting.

But attacking peaceful protests and journalists?

I don't get it, seems to be backwards.

Nothing about this case makes any sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

its not about what I think...my thoughts are irrelevant.

mr. brown and everyone who supports him are just as much on trial as the police department in ferugson.

who is beyond reproach?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join