It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Store didn't call cops on Michael Brown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. - The Ferguson Market where Brown allegedly stole from Saturday says it remains committed to the community and it hopes the community will remain committed to it. The market's attorney says it has been in the Ferguson community for many years and is the type of place where customers and employees all know one another. Friday, the market's attorney said the owners intend to keep it that way.

ksdk

This story has more twists than any other story I have witnessed. According to Ferguson Market. they didn't call the police on Brown, a customer did. That didn't stop the police from taking there surveillance footage.

"It's not about them. They didn't call the police, they didn't ask the police to come and take the video," said attorney Jay Kanzler.

So police can enter a business and just take there video?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

FERGUSON, Mo. - The Ferguson Market where Brown allegedly stole from Saturday says it remains committed to the community and it hopes the community will remain committed to it. The market's attorney says it has been in the Ferguson community for many years and is the type of place where customers and employees all know one another. Friday, the market's attorney said the owners intend to keep it that way.

ksdk

This story has more twists than any other story I have witnessed. According to Ferguson Market. they didn't call the police on Brown, a customer did. That didn't stop the police from taking there surveillance footage.

"It's not about them. They didn't call the police, they didn't ask the police to come and take the video," said attorney Jay Kanzler.

So police can enter a business and just take there video?

Yes they can when a crime has been reported, by anyone.
The only thing the business can do, is NOT press charges, but then the prosecutor has the option to do so anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
yes, the police can take the video. a crime may have been committed and the video possibly contained evidence of the crime. even if a victim doesn't want to press charges, the cops or state can press charges. mr. brown may have taken a box of fine cigars...I think that cost more than video footage.

if you support Michael Brown, you support the cop that shot him. no one has any rights to anything in the current environment.

please take this idea seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So that means that the cops did not have knowledge of that SHOPLIFTING event where CIGARS were stolen nor the confrontation with the person till after the event. The theft is not relevent to the case.

The guy stealing the cigars was not a good thing, but not something that should be classified as a robbery.
edit on 16-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I bet police are reluctant to look at video footage, physically going to a store or get someone to pull road camera footage when you are a simple mugging victim, they just reluctantly take a statement and add you to a statistic.

But when property is involved they be all over that #.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

it was clearly a robbery, force/threat of force is evident.

it doesn't appear that mr. brown was acting out of character and knows how to use his massive body to intimidate humble shopkeeps and people like him.

its clear that the cop who pulled the trigger acted in self defense.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Stills of that video being placed into the press packet on Friday raised a couple of red flags for me. I wonder when the authorities marched in and took it? The store owner declined as he was afraid that the video would draw him into the whole affair.

At first I thought maybe the store video had been taken at the request of the business owner, and then never viewed as the cops were too busy heading off the huge problem that they got anyway. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I really wish there would've been audio to go along with the video. Then maybe you bleeding hearts would accept this for what it is. I imagine the store owner's life was threatened if he called the police. Why else would he NOT call them?

There seems to be a gang element involved that no one's talking about, and I wouldn't be surprised if the two female witnesses are just following orders.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Shoplifting is when you slip a few cigars in your pocket when the clerk is looking the other way. This was more along the lines of robbery or extortion.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I saw this video on World star a few days ago and it's some dude ranting about what happened. At first it seemed like he was somewhat telling what happened.
But then they released the store cameras recordings and it's exactly what he said.
Somethings going on.

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yes, of course the Police can take the video to investigate a robbery...

Personally, I find it:

1) Laughable, that Michael Brown's family, and assorted others, are crying fowl about the release of this crime scene video...saying that it is an attempt to smear his name. Sorry folks, but your son was not the "gentle giant" you claimed he was; but just another street thug. The video doesn't lie...

2) Sad, that "the community" reacted to the release of the video (showing the shopkeeper being victimized by Brown), by attacking his store and looting it...victimizing him yet again. Brilliant stuff...

3) Increasingly likely, that when Brown was stopped by the Police ten minutes after the robbery, he assumed it was because they were going to take him in for his misdeed, and so he reacted in a violent manner to the Police Officer's intervention (whether or not the Cop knew about the robbery...Brown knew).

4) Credibility sapping, for his buddy who accompanied him on the cigar heist. Are we supposed to just take his word for it, that his friend was all peaches and cream with the Police and was just standing there with his hands up...when the Officer just started blasting away with no reason? Lord knows that jaywalking is a serious offence (sarcasm), but it is not normally met with deadly force, by even the most zealous of Police.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

fine cigars? Serious

3 for 99 cents are fine cigars?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux

its clear that the cop who pulled the trigger acted in self defense.

No it isn't! You made that up. Shame on you!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Shoplifting is when you slip a few cigars in your pocket when the clerk is looking the other way. This was more along the lines of robbery or extortion.

according to the store and this interview they refer to the crime as:

"Regardless of the petty crime he was allegedly involved in, nobody deserves to be gunned down like that, nobody; white, black, other, nobody," she said.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

on Chicago news it was said it was a box of cigars priced at nearly $50.

found it unusual that an 18 years old would have such tastes, but that's what I read.

link   
And yet another twist:

Ferguson Market looted overnight

FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – The entire front windows of the Ferguson Market has been broken out by looters overnight. Looters carried items off of store shelved over and over. They even carried out the cash register.

Earlier Friday night St. Louis County police were standing guard in the store’s parking lot. They were told to stand down. Then, looters walked out of the store with most of the merchandise.

Store owners are frustrated. They have showed up with weapons to protect their property.

fox2

So if the police were there why order them to stand down?

link   

That is a damn lie. Why do you think anyone buys it?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

They were 3 packs of swisher sweets here where tobacco is high they go for 3 for 99cent or 3 for $1.49, the video shows he didn't steal the whole box.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I've had more than a few encounters with cops and the statement, "please, don't shoot' isn't one of the first things that is said.

if Michael brown said it, he must have been doing something that led to that place...sort of like...'don't taze me bro."

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

just going by what I've read on the price of the cigars...I'm sure that how much the cigars Michael Brown robbed the store clerk for cost will be determined.

the price may change but that the guy may have been on a crime spree that night won't change.

perhaps a problem with injustice exists but the Michael Brown story isn't the one I'd suggest hitching your wagon to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join