It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Furgeson community is shooting itself in the foot!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Ferguson has a population of 21,000 people. It was a few. Not one person in this thread as made note of the fact that is was Ferguson residents that stood against the looters.

I have yet to see in the videos anyone standing against them.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior
a reply to: pennydrops

He clearly said "black community" and therefore is stating that only black people are responsible for the crime and looting.

Tieing skin color to a situation that doesnt need it implies the OP has a raceist perspective. Its not bad to see the world that way...its just irresponsible to others as thoughtless and factless generalizations tend to offend and also serve as a sign of ignorance.

I agree with the OP point that there is a criminal trend growing in the community of ferguson. But in the context of "the black community does this" and will "have a hard time gaining support from the white community" references the national level as no declaration of "within ferguson" was made. Symantics i know...im mainly pointing out the word choice as something that he could have been more careful with because it doesnt really send the message as intended.

"They were in the drivers seat" lol that was the best part. Op is stating that black people keep looting and therefore white people wont support them...this also implies that the support of white people is necessary for getting justice.

The use of force dispute has nothing to do with the looting. They arent going to throw out the officers conduct because the "black community" wont behave.

Apparently you missed the /rant from the NBPM where they all inclusively said their plite was because of White Oppression (all inclusive whites). Their solution is get rid of the whites. IN other words genocide.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: darkwarrior

did you see any white people looting the store?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I have a middle class black neighbor, but I don't know of any neighborhoods, that are exclusively black ,that are middle class.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Neither do many communities in So Cal look as the same as they did in the 50's, 60's and 70's. the only thing that seems to have happened is the poor neighborhoods just got larger and incorporated many of the old middle class neighborhoods.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Some folks see what they want to see, others are just blind.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

That is not the case here in St. Louis. The predominately black neighborhoods have been invested in heavily over the last couple of decades. Some areas see a rise in the black population because a lot of blacks would rather live in the burbs, where a lot of Whites, Asians, Bosnians and others have chosen to live. The burbs are a little bit cheaper cost of living.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
Its purity sad when the people of Furgeson have to stop the looter's and the PD just moves back as if to say "have at it", not even a cop standing with them in support.

So the criminals got their way... theft and vandalism is now perfectly legal there... cops wont do anything.

If I was a business owner I would leave. Point blank... go somewhere where my tax dollars support me and not thieves and vandals.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

In an article or news clip that provides a strategically measured sample? No. Ofcourse not.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
He is the viewpoint of Gilbert Arenas , NBA Player. He makes some valid points, the damage done by the looters (not Protesters) are by primarily Black looters looting businesses in Black communities. How does this help their communities.Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. This is textbook.

Arenas began by paying respect to the decedent and then castigating the black community:
I would like to start off by saying too the family of the victim GOD BLESS#RIPmichealbrown you will be missed: too EVERY African American out there..how dumb are we really???every time we hear some bad news, the first thing we do is #RIOT #ROB #STEAL #BURN sh-t in our OWN neighborhoods..this racism fight has never been #blackvswhite, it’s ALWAYS been #blackvsblack from what the stats.. About 10 riots from the black community over the years and the only thing damaged ,was the BLACK COMMUNITY by The BLACK COMMUNITY..only reason they issue riot police isssss just in case you actually got smart enough to walk 6 blocks ,YALL ain’t f---ing up white rich s--- smdh

But then he segued into an attack on Sharpton:
FAMILiES of the victims pleaseeeeee stop asking #alsharpton to speak or ur behalf,you have a better chance having #caesar the monkey from #planetoftheapes to get justice for you..the stats also show AL coon sharpton has not helped one situation he has protested at,he actually made it worst and because of him the jury goes the other way..(think about it) Jena six,trayvon and the list goes back way back..#AL ur like a #THOT in the club,lookn for attention what u said at trayvons rally #enoughisenough ur right were tired of u PRETENDING.

“Thot” is a substitute for “ho.”

article

article

edit on 16-8-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

So the criminals got their way... theft and vandalism is now perfectly legal there... cops wont do anything.

If I was a business owner I would leave. Point blank... go somewhere where my tax dollars support me and not thieves and vandals.

That's how cities die...... I saw it happen here in Detroit Growing up and continue to see it in the Border Suburbs of Detroit NOW. Businesses for the most part, won't put up with such BS for long before they decide to pack up and move to safer, greener pastures. No one wants to replant after a forest fire destroys everything. It's easier to just move on to better places.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior

Okay...if i live in a town largely populated by black people then its not a "black town" or an area i should use to make generalizations on the future of "the black race".

I dont care where youre from. You have a racist perspective. You actually interviewed the MAJORITY of black people in st louis and asked what they think of Bill Cosby? Or was that another thoughtless generalization?

You played streetball and beat up black people as a youngin? And your saying that all those blacks screwed up beautiful st louis and caused people to move out.

Thank you for pointing out how completely naive i am.

I grew up in Kirkwood, MO. Ever hear of it? Probably not! You have no clue what you're talking about. Kirkwood was right next to an area called "Meechum" Park. MP was basically bulldozed a few years ago and is now all businesses and whatever else. It was always an area that was dominated by blacks as long as I could remember. Kirkwood was probably the whitest most middle class area in St. Louis growing up. Then I moved out to West County. ALL PUBLIC schools in the county have had inner city black kids bussed in throughout my academic career.

My point is the city of St. Louis just like A LOT of midwestern cities used to be very wonderful cities 30+ years ago. I'll give you another example. Galleria Mall. It was built when I was younger, a kid. It was a very nice upscale mall when it was built. Surrounded by wealthy white communities like Ladue, Town and Country. Guess what? It's turned into a ghetto craphole because of the blacks taking it over. You can call me a racist all you want! I've seen REAL LIFE with my onw eyes how different races behave and act. Asians vs. hispanics vs. blacks. vs. persians etc.

I'm not a racist. I don't believe any one race is superior than any other. But I do believe as a people black Americans have some SERIOUS issues they need to work out. I've heard all the excuses in the book. Corruption, poverty, white raciesm blah blah blah. It's BS! This is the 21st century not the 1950s!!!!!!! Look at the Asians and all the other people that come from that part of the world. They have their issues but they sure as hell have a different way of life and culture and I will say work ethic than blacks. So am I racist? LOL Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

That's how cities die...... I saw it happen here in Detroit Growing up and continue to see it in the Border Suburbs of Detroit NOW. Businesses for the most part, won't put up with such BS for long before they decide to pack up and move to safer, greener pastures. No one wants to replant after a forest fire destroys everything. It's easier to just move on to better places.

Detroit died because of the same reasons cities like Chicago and St. Louis are dying. Everywhere you turn in the midwest once great cities have fallen in to despair. BIg liberal democrat politicians and policies are a huge reason.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Here is a little history lesson on MEACHAM Park.
bradhicks.livejournal.com...

I'm going to agree with at least one other member that the tone of your posts are leaning a bit toward racist.

The Galleria and Brentwood area, along with Clayton, Hanley Hills, Richmond Heights, University City and beyond are wonderfully integrated and fairly crime free compared to most big cities. The Galleria sits amongst a lot of high end shopping and dinning that I frequent regularly along with the black population.

You are attempting to paint a whole city and the surrounding areas as Ghetto.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
How long do you think it will be before the one and only true leader Obama starts with the " if I had a son"
But I degrees, i know very little about what has happened but there must be a long history of trouble between the community and the police for this reaction to happen, what we are seeing is the reaction not the cause. Its hard for me to believe a LIO would shoot someone for no reason, then again perhaps im too blue eyed ( is it racist to say blue eyed ?) Does anyone know the history of this place it would be nice to know.
edit on 16-8-2014 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Please! Save it! You can call me whatever you want. I've seen the Galleria Mall and Esquire theatre become completely taken over by blacks. When I was a kid there were hardly any blacks going to either of the above. I had been away from St. Louis for 15 years. A few years ago I went to Esquire to see a movie with some family. It was a COMPLETELY different movie theatre.

You can call those cities "integrated". You sound like a liberal. My mother lives in South St. Louis and even her area is becoming a crime ridden crap hole. The only reeason there is regentrification of certain areas of the city is because of real estate bubbles and younger people moving in from other areas including the suburbs i.e. white people and white money. St. Louis is a dangerous city overall. You walk down the wrong block say from St. Louis University and you're in the ghetto. You stray too far from The Landing and you're in one of the worst areas of the country.

All the areas you speak of used to be MUCH more integrated or should I say much more culturally unique with A LOT of different cultures like Polish, Italian, German, etc. Even the Bosnians have brought a lot of crime to St. Louis.

edit on 16-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

that is the fault of the community, the police for standing there watching, and the community leaders for encouraging the police to stand there and watch it happen...

When you put the police in the position of being so critical of them for trying to stop a riot in the first place that they feel they cannot stop any riot or protect any property?

That is BS... just plain bs. We pay the cops to do their job... and then communities because of one single incident in the community make sure the law is unenforceable.. ?

yeah... leaving is the only option for a business owner who would like some measure of protection from criminals. They are the one's providing jobs and keeping the economy there going... It is apparent that the community of Ferguson doesn't care a lick about any of that...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

You are wrong

conducting yourself in a proper manner is what got America into a # load of debt and put the scum of the earth in power over practically every country on the planet ..

Well done

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I read your article. And so what? Kirkwood is as nice as it's every been. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up there. But I've now lived all over the country and I can honestly say I have NEVER EVER been to ONE SINGLE black community that is nice and where anyone white, black, or otherwise would want to live. Why is that? In the past 30 years Asians and Hispanics have taken over ENTIRE communities and are fairly decent places to live. Especially the Asian ones. But blacks? They are still sulking and blaming "lily rich white people" for all their problems.

It's like the black guy in Ferguson that painted over in white spray paint a brand new USPS federal mail box with "Avenge Michael Brown"……..A majority of blacks don't GIVE A S!@T about their communities!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Oh and here you go….let's talk about Meachum park !!!!
www.stlbeacon.org...#!/content/19634/separating_myths_and_realities_about_meacham_park_thornton_part_1

Charles Thorton a blackman from Meachum Park didn't get what he wanted so he shot up Kirkwood City Hall killing 5 people including Mayor Swoboda! Look at what the city TRIED to do to help this black man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join