It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca cola life, what do you guys thnk?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Can anyone find a list of ingredients for Coca Cola Life ?

In English, if it's "so easy to find".

Slapping the word "Stevia" on the label is misleading if the main sweeteners are alcohol sugars as is the case with most products advertised as a stevia based sugar substitute.

No one?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Oh it mite of been zevia?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

I do not know what is in the bottle, but I do know that people who drink Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and now Coca Cola Life, all need to be beaten unconscious with a crate of their chosen beverage, for being dumb enough to think that each is not as bad as the last for one reason or another.

I say, either drink the full fat version, or have a glass of iced water. All this fake "healthy" option fast food and drink, is just another gimmick, and will kill you just as quick as the full fat, all sugar, no holds barred, balls to the wall version of the beverage or snack involved.

This placebo nonsense needs to stop.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Its very easy to be judgemental when you dont have diabetes. My kid has type 1 he is 10 years old active kid and join his friends birthday parties. 1g of carbs raises bloodglucoser 1mmol in general and he needs 0.5 units insulin for 10 carbs and being very insulin sensitive safe limit for insulin for him is 3 units per meal.
So in birthday party he gets 150 carbs which includes his "fat"full coke ( coca cola has 10 carbs in 1dl ) to that amount of carbs he would need to have 7.5 units insulin and his safe limit is 3.. its absolutely a no go. Lets change full coke to diet coke which has 0 carbs.. his carbs intake would be 117 and he would need 5.8 units insulin but because he is insuline sensitive we can go a bit above his safe limit 3, so he gets insulin 3.5 and we wish he runs a lot and has a lot of fun when his bloodglucose even might be in acceptable levels.

Question is should he eat less than others in birthday parties and suffer because he is "different" or have a diet coke instead and eat like others and be like others ?

edit on 16-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

First of all, appeasing rather than correcting the tendency for kids to want to enter the group mind of their peers, is not helpful to their development. No one should want to be part of the flock. That is perhaps the most dangerous mode of thought entered into by members of our species, and we would be better off without it.

Second of all, if the child needs to have less sugar in their diet, then iced water is a great substitute. Its good for you, it keeps you hydrated, it makes keeping ones insides clean much easier, and it is by far the most refreshing liquid one can put in ones body. There are no reasons to drink a sugary tasting drink, if doing so could be even remotely harmful to ones unique biochemical construction.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Oooooh, that tablet looks good. Have you ever tasted pannukakku?

Is it all right to be off topic if you talk about something that tastes like it originated in heaven?

edit on 16-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The only coke I buy on occasion is made with pure cane sugar! I get it at the grocery store in the Ethnic Foods section. It's in the old glass bottle. It doesn't make my sugar go nuts nor does it bother my stomach. I drink it over the course of a couple days too. I have also found the Mexico version make by coke with pure cane sugar and they sell that in a 6 pack. I don't want a six but it's interesting to see other countries make it with pure cane sugar yet here in the states everyone complains about cost. Yea I doubt that's the reason and I doubt Cocoa Cola would go broke if gather went back to the original sugar. It does taste better, it's not syrupy.

I'm not a soda fan but certain times of the month I crave a little cola. Lol

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You don´t see the point he is not type 2 he is type 1 and he needs as much carbs as any other growing kid does. Carbs for him is not banned. Is it good for him to feel sour because he can´t eat and where does it lead him when even he want to eat he " would had" to say no, in a long run ?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Pannukakku with jäätelö and hillo
yam

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

And all I am saying, is that no matter what his particular condition, there is always a better answer than diet version foods and drinks. What is much better is home made drinks and foods, which will be better for the gut, and not full of extremely dodgy chemicals.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

My son has high functioning Asbergers and also ADD, which manifests itself after eating certain foods, such as too much sugar, food colouring, tap water etc and at parties he isn't allowed any of the drinks, he takes his own bottled water or fruit juice and sparkling water. There are fancy kids bottles that it can be put in to look cooler and then the other kids needn't know the content or even ask about it.

As for snacks, I make sure he eats before the party and the food he eats there is healthy and sometimes offer a treat that is healthy that he likes after the party if he behaves and doesn't eat the naughty food.

edit on 16-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Tablet is really tasty, very sweet so a little is very satisfying for any sugar cravings, that recipe is the best I have tried.

Never tried pannukkaku but it looks similar to clafouti which is nice.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Actually he has his own foods with him he has also celiac, we are able to calculate carbs before he goes and when he has eaten he phone us and tells how much insulin he is putting from his insulin pump and an adult checks he has put as much as is told. And celiac is intresting a normal size of bread can have three times more carbs than normal bread, if we would give him full carb drink he would not enjoy the party and would feel hungry.
At home he gets diet drinks only in special occasions not every day. He drinks normal juice in home and sparkling water with real apple in it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Never tried Zevia, it probably contains tap water which we avoid consuming and stevia which tastes disgusting so I probably won't.

All the stevia stuff looks like marketing tactics for an over rated and possibly unsafe product.

There are mixed reports as to it's safety and it was banned until 2008 in Europe. Some of the research suggests it could be good, other research suggests it isn't.
edit on 16-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

My sixteen year old granddaughter likes to make that. I always have plenty of fresh local eggs in the house and never not have milk, even though I am allergic to it. It's worth the suffering.
We never make it ourselves, that job is the granddaughters when she comes over.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Its good and easy to make. Nowadays i make glutein free version of it its as good as traditional. Are you allergic to milk or sensitive to lactose?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Its good and easy to make. Nowadays i make glutein free version of it its as good as traditional. Are you allergic to milk or sensitive to lactose?

One granddaughter was tested and she has antigens. I probably have the same allergy, giving it to both my kids. We can drink milk and eat ice cream, but we get bloated and suffer a lot. The doctors told me mine is an allergy and overconsumption can kill me.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This new product is a reaction to governments like the UK seriously considering a tax/ban/restriction on carbonated drinks. This new product is a loophole around that to get them to say "this product is healthy and shouldn't be taxed (further) or restricted under any potential new laws!"

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

originally posted by: ugmold
Of Course it is nasty, everything that Company does is a disgrace. Tell them to go suck another aquifer dry in a 3rd World Country destroying farms, food and families to make their sugar piss.

LOL rant over?

Never, not until Companies like this no longer exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I hear you

top topics

<< 1   >>

join