It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca cola life, what do you guys thnk?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
So this new coke is sweetened using stevia leaves do you think coke have really made a nice healthy drink? Or do you think there will be some other nasty surprises lurking inside?

www.coca-cola.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

No. For one, it'll taste nothing like the glucose - fructose recipe, or the original cane sugar, and it's still a terrible human engineers by product.

The only way soft drinks will become 'healthy' is if they all switch to pure cane sugar, which costs way more to make, and would drive prices up. And even at that 35g of sugars to 355ml is extremely high. Sugary beverages should be consumed very limited, and with a meal, they make your pancreas go on a roller coaster ride on an empty stomach.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Of Course it is nasty, everything that Company does is a disgrace. Tell them to go suck another aquifer dry in a 3rd World Country destroying farms, food and families to make their sugar piss.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Stevia tastes revolting.

I don't drink Coke or other such drinks and we use sucrose based sweeteners instead of sugar. Coca cola is not healthy in any form IMO.

We tried Stevia once, it really tasted vile and couldn't imagine anyone actually liking it.

For carbonated drinks that are healthier I recommend San Pellegrino, my favourite is the grapefruit and the lemon, true fruit extracts and natural mineral water, delicious. The lemon version is so lemony that I have even made lemon turkish delight with it when I forgot to get lemons.

I also make my own using naturally carbonated spring water and pressed juice or lemon juice, sometimes adding fresh mint and some lemon oil spritzed from the zest. In winter this also makes a great tea, lemon zest and juice, heated mineral water and some honey.

In fact lemons and lemon juice should be a staple for any kitchen, good for hot and cold drinks, sweet and savoury dishes, as a condiment and is good for the metabolism and health generally.

www.sanpellegrinofruitbeverages.com...
edit on 16-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Why even bother? Water tastes better.

And if you need a buzz have a good coffee, or I recommend black tea.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If you read the ingredients on every mass marketed Stevia based sugar substitute you will discover the main ingredient is NEVER Stevia.

"Stevia" is the advertising 'buzzword' of the moment, but most of the sweetening in these product are from 'sugar alcohols' sometimes referred to as "Polyol", "Sorbitol", Erythritol" or 'Xylitol', which although "naturally sourced" are processed chemicals, indigestible by the intestine and which cause many sickening side affects.

Coca Cola is advertising Stevia and "natural sweeteners" but not mentioning that those natural sweeteners are alcohol sugars.

Try and find a list of ingredients in "Coca Cola Life". Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Odyssian

I wont be drinking it personally just seeing what you guys think...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Here are the ingredients to this version, I have tried a few and they all tasted the same, disgusting. Looks like others that tried this said the same. I also felt ill after it so it perhaps contained some sort of intolerable ingredients.

www.ocado.com... JmfwJ7hVFR4aAnlr8P8HAQ

Maltodextrin, Sweetener: Steviol Glycosides, Natural Flavourings.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Of Course it is nasty, everything that Company does is a disgrace. Tell them to go suck another aquifer dry in a 3rd World Country destroying farms, food and families to make their sugar piss.

LOL rant over?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Here are the ingredients to this version, I have tried a few and they all tasted the same, disgusting. Looks like others that tried this said the same. I also felt ill after it so it perhaps contained some sort of intolerable ingredients.

www.ocado.com... JmfwJ7hVFR4aAnlr8P8HAQ

Maltodextrin, Sweetener: Steviol Glycosides, Natural Flavourings.

Uhrm, nope. The link you provided is not for Coca Cola Life.

Like I said, "good luck' finding the ingredients.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The link is for Stevia.

It is easy to find coca cola ingredients, in all it's variants including the 'life' version, the ingredients vary for different places.

Some examples

diariodeunautoexilio.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Thanks for that, san pellegrino il have to try that someone else recommended Zaire is it? In another thread of mine as an alternative to these sugar free "diet" pops that my girlfriend drinks all the time, she has now started drinking no added sugar ribeena cordial but I checked that n its all same aclufame asrsepatine what ever all them nasty sweeteners enyway...

edit on 16-8-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

The link is for Stevia.

It is easy to find coca cola ingredients, in all it's variants including the 'life' version, the ingredients vary for different places.

Some examples

in all it's variants including the 'life' version

No, the link is for something called "Green Canderel Granular".

"Stevia" is NOT a brand, it's an ingredient.

The request stands, can anyone find the ingredients for Coca Cola Life?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

San Pellegrino tastes great IMO.

Never heard of any drink called Zaire.

Best to avoid aspartame for sure.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The link for the candarel green is an example of a typical Stevia product as that is how it is marketed and is the listed sweetener ingredient.

Look at the link again, there is a photo of a bottle of coca cola 'life' and it's ingredients, perhaps in Portuguese or Spanish as it is marketed there.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't like the taste of HFCS, Stevia, or any artificial sweeteners. I like the taste of cane sugar much more than beet sugar also, I guess neutralizing the cyanide with thiosulfate in beet sugar gives it a weird taste.

I don't eat a lot of sugar anyway, I get insulin spikes when I eat sugar and crash about an hour later. I can eat a little with my hypoglycemia but not a whole coke. Why drink coke when you can drink fresh brewed coffee?

Aspertame in a diet drink does act like medicine in an emergency for my TLE. If I can't eat right to control it, I can just have about three ounces of diet pop. That is about all I can stomach.
edit on 16-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We don't eat that much sugar but natural golden organic cane sugar is my preference for multi purpose. Demerara for coffee.

I sometimes make tablet and while the companies say beet sugar tastes the same it doesn't, there is a definite beet taste to sugar beet sugar, cane tastes far better.

I made tablet using beet sugar once and it tasted odd, like a slight veg taste.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Can anyone find a list of ingredients for Coca Cola Life ?

In English, if it's "so easy to find".

Slapping the word "Stevia" on the label is misleading if the main sweeteners are alcohol sugars as is the case with most products advertised as a stevia based sugar substitute.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Coca Cola LIFE...Now thats ironic

Soon to be found in emergency rooms instead of doctors

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Despite your rudeness, I will translate it for the sake of the thread. The ingredients are listed in order of highest quantity.

Carbonated water

Sugar (the advertising says it is a third less sugar than regular coca cola hence the 2nd ingredient listed)

caramel colour

natural flavouring

phosphoric acid

stevia (glycosides of steviol)

sodium benzoate

caffeine

top topics

<<   2 >>

join