It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies as 31 found in container

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

A man has died and other people have been taken to local hospitals with "significant health problems" after 31 adults and children were found inside a shipping container at Tilbury Docks in Essex.

The article doesn't say where the people originally boarded from, but what are the chances of some of them having been in contact with a person infected with Ebola?

The East of England Ambulance service confirmed a hazardous area response team had been sent.

Let's hope things aren't worse than they seem. I guess we'll find out in 21 days!

Source

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Time to close the borders and get the army to secure them ?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sozen94

All this distress and heartache to get to a country that dosen't want them there

Really really sad people think the UK is worth all this, cause it's not!

hope no more deaths come out of this

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The article doesn't say where the people originally boarded from

which arrived on a ship from Zeebrugge in Belgium

Ebola stricken Belgium?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The phrase "with severe respiratory problems" is the worrying part. I'd imagine for all those people to be cooped up in a sealed dusty/greasy container for days, breathing the same air, not having to be able to wash, is going to really mess up their lungs.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Not saying these folks are, but what lovely way to introduce a bio weapon into a country. Sort of like catapulting infected bodies over the castle wall.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Not saying these folks are, but what lovely way to introduce a bio weapon into a country. Sort of like catapulting infected bodies over the castle wall.

Funny i was thinking the same thing ( ISIS)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Ebola stricken Belgium?

I highly doubt the 31 people in the container are from Belgium.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sozen94

originally posted by: Indigent

Ebola stricken Belgium?

I highly doubt the 31 people in the container are from Belgium.

[iA police officer at the scene said they are still trying to determine the nationalities of those on board the container but they are believed to be of Indian origin, possibly Punjab.

Zeebrugge is the Belgium port. So people smugglers got them into Europe, then onward to the UK.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Also, I would say the person died because of the conditions inside the container as a result of 31 people trying to survive in it....and not ebola.....that's just scare mongering!

This is not the 1st case of someone dying trying to get to the uk via smuggled in containers and won't be the last!
edit on 16-8-2014 by zerozero00 because: add more

edit on 16-8-2014 by zerozero00 because: spelling

edit on 16-8-2014 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00

Also, I would say the person died because of the conditions inside the container as a result of 31 people trying to survive in it....and not ebola.....that's just scare mongering!

This is not the 1st case of someone dying trying to get to the uk via smuggled in containers and won't be thae last!

Of course, I'm not saying the person died of Ebola. What I am saying though, is what are the chances of one of these people having contracted the disease from somewhere? Not scaremongering at all, it's a possibility.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

OK
I'd say the chances will be very very slim....but that's just me and my style of thinking

If we hear otherwise then we will be looking at a very bleak scenario considering how densely populated the UK is

But hey, I don't believe it is so no panic

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

While I agree that so many deaths in such conditions is tragic. And they probably have over inflated hopes for their probable future in the UK.

But you have to realize, no matter how #ty it is there. It's a lot #tier in most other parts of the world. And people who go to this length to get into another country are very desperate, and that alone should give you a hint of how much worse it can be.

I'd recommend a look at Simon Reeve's Tropic of Capricorn adventures. There is a point in the documentary where he shows young people from Zimbabwe desperately trying to escape their mess of a country. Of course they get caught and sent back, to try another day. This is a daily thing over there. Imagine what those youngsters would do to get into a country like the UK.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Time to close the borders and get the army to secure them ?

Good luck with that!
Last I heard the UK was a group of Islands. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but you don't hear about very many people swimming the channel, although I am sure there are boats coming and going all of the time and not all are noticed by the "Authorities".

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Isn't there supposed to be an inspector, inspecting those containers? Obviously, either someone isn't doing their job, or they've been paid off.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is the world we live in. The have nots want a chance to be haves. If we address the underlying issues we would get closer to saving more lives.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wonder why the UK is such a big target for ppl smuggling. What makes the country different from France Belgium Netherlands etc.

There has to be someone or groups of different ppl settled in the country organizing and getting these ppl jobs and so on. The just has to. Established communities for ppl from India and shady ppl working under cover behind the scenes in these large communities.

Even so, that is not enough to explain the enormous difference in desire to get into the UK instead of every single other country like Belgium, Netherlands etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: Logarock

Funny i was thinking the same thing ( ISIS)

Very reassuring .. Especially as I live about 5 mile away or so

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/24734585/one-dead-screaming-survivors-found-in-container-at-uk-port/

They are Indians from India.

English people ask, why do they want to come to England?......well free housing, free unemployment money, free medical are probably a few good reasons.

I think there may be some "Ethnic Cleansing" to come to Europe in the not too distant future.

May be a chance for us original Native Europeans to return, and claim Our Land Rights!!

new topics

top topics

join