It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ukraine Attack Its Own Tanks?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Did Ukraine Attack Its Own Tanks? White House "Can't Confirm Russian Convoy Was Destroyed By Kiev"

This is confusing.

Ukraine President say's "majority of the machines had been eliminated."

But perhaps the most damning evidence comes from none other than the White House itself, which according to CNN just admitted that while it accuses Moscow of "incursions" it can't confirm the convoy was destroyed by Kiev.

The leadership of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic has dismissed the Ukrainian government's statement on destroying a convoy of what appeared to be Russian armored vehicles in eastern Ukraine.

"We haven't received any armored vehicles from Russia. No Russian units, including Russian armored vehicles, have crossed the border. Hence, no Russian armored vehicles could have been destroyed," DPR First Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Purgin told Interfax on Friday evening.

Purgin claimed that, on the contrary, the militias destroyed about 100 Ukrainian armored vehicles.

Perhaps for the simplest reason that there is no evidence to help with the confirmation process?

Which is rather unpleasant, because as explained above, without confirmation of a destroyed convoy, the whole story falls apart as merely yet another unprecedented warmongering fabrication, one involving not only the Kiev regime, but NATO and the UK press as well!

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 16-8-2014 by keenasbro because: add link

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I saw this story yesterday,

The most interesting about this story is the fact if any of this is true, then Cameron is directly involved in the spreading lies and propaganda. That would also suggest that the reports of the British reporters were a fabrication.

Now, fast forward to this article and then you have the question the truth in this story as well : www.bbc.com...

( again if any of this is true, but it doesn't seem that unlikely tbh )

I wonder when we will see any pictures, apart from the typical youtube videos, and the satellite imagery from 2 years ago.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

well if you are right this is certainly a laugh out loud moment.....

it is awfully difficult to know what the real truth is anymore and if this is the case would not really surprise me

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

"We haven't received any armored vehicles from Russia. No Russian units, including Russian armored vehicles, have crossed the border. Hence, no Russian armored vehicles could have been destroyed," DPR First Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Purgin told Interfax on Friday evening.

Purgin claimed that, on the contrary, the militias destroyed about 100 Ukrainian armored vehicles.

Both of these statements cannot be true. One is presumably a lie, the other an exaggeration.

As for Ukraine destroying its own tanks, I'm not sure where this is coming from. Granted, there has yet to be any evidence that Ukraine destroyed any Russian invaders, but that may simply be a matter of time. Why do you think Ukraine destroyed its own tanks?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why do you think Ukraine destroyed its own tanks?

Because the US told them to, so they could blame it on Russia.

Just like they did with MH 17, because Russia would never send anything militarily into Ukraine.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Please use brain if you have one.

Who on Earth would move their troops at the moment when the whole world is watching what's going on in that area? Where's the logic in moving your troops at the same time as your aid trucks? When everyone is paying attention...

You are so boring in trying to blame everything wrong in this world on Russia.
edit on 604k2014Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have no idea if Ukraine destroyed/attacked their own tanks, hence "this is confusing"
The title of the article is, Did Ukraine attack it's own tanks..
The article itself points out there zero actual evidence on most of the reports.
Washington says, it can't confirm the convoy was destroyed by Kiev.

Perhaps for the simplest reason that there is no evidence to help with the confirmation process?

Which is rather unpleasant, because as explained above, without confirmation of a destroyed convoy, the whole story falls apart as merely yet another unprecedented warmongering fabrication, one involving not only the Kiev regime, but NATO and the UK press as well!

I'm confused, but I didn't write the article.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Surely if there was a smoking ruined convoy somewhere, then one side or the other would have put video up on youtube by now?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I'm confused, but I didn't write the article.

Links to zerohedge need to be tagged (Random fearmongering site)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Who on Earth would move their troops at the moment when the whole world is watching what's going on in that area? Where's the logic in moving your troops at the same time as your aid trucks? When everyone is paying attention...

When everyone is paying attention to the half empty trucks that have been painted a conspicuous white? It's called "distraction." Putin is a master of that technique.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Links to zerohedge need to be tagged (Random fearmongering site)

News Links from either BBC, AJ, CNN are all reliable right? they wouldn't never lie.

(Random fearmongering site

According to you the westren news outlets arent also spreading fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Please use brain if you have one.

Obviously you haven't figured out what sarcasm is, so who need to use their brain.

I enjoy the personal attacks...please keep them coming.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You are so boring in trying to blame everything wrong in this world on Russia.

Unlike blaming everything wrong in the world because of the US.

And please show me anywhere I have blamed everything wrong in the world because of Russia...I guarantee you can't.

In fact I have praised Russia for the way they were going until they decided to create this conflict in Ukraine...so get the facts straight before you decide to embellish them.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You do realize that most articles from Zerohedge are coming from headlines like bloomberg and the likes.
I wouldn't call his site a random fearmongering site, more a potential threat site.

And his info is the fastest on the net.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The only thing that makes sense was something did happen that if acknowledged would kick start WWIII or it was some kind of distraction.

It wasn't just reported in the west RT covered it as breaking also.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
But Russia didn't create this conflict the USA did its as clear as day a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Many people in this post seem to not get why a country bombs its own tanks. I think this is rather obvious.

The same thing is going on in Iraq and Ukraine, but there are different players. In Iraq USA is bombing the assets given to Iraq by USA. They gave assets to the rebels, and then the rebels joined ISIL. The same thing is going on in Ukraine. Parts of the army is controlling weapons, but they're not loyal to Kiev. They are loyal to Russia. So, the assets that are bombed was a part of the Ukranian army, but now it's controlled by Ukrainian Russian sympathizers. That's why you bomb your own assets; they fallen into the control of enemy hands.

Both these development are hallmarks of countries that are so de-stabilized that they are plunged into civil war. There is both lack of prestige of the interventions failing and fear for bloody civil wars in both these countries, so people try to keep a lid on it. Also, there are a genuine fear based on experience that countries without any clear leadership will be impossible to control. The example of these kinds of scenarios can be found in Africa as well as the countries that have been "liberated" by USA.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RyleeNator

But Russia didn't create this conflict the USA did its as clear as day

Then why do you need to keep saying so?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nidstav

Many people in this post seem to not get why a country bombs its own tanks. I think this is rather obvious.

Where is the evidence that any tanks whatsoever have been bombed in Ukraine?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
there were no Russian military convoy entering Ukraine.

Ukrainian army couldn't destroy something that didn't even existed.

they saw that lying articles from British journalists and decided they would lie for their benefit.

but they did very big mistake.

there is no proof of any kind and the wheel of propaganda couldn't get enough momentum so many media sites didn't even cover it seriously; they didn't want to make fool of themselves.

Ukraine probably didn't destroy anything so there is nothing to show.

and even, let's say they destroyed as they say "most" of the convoy: where is the rest of it?

very very bad move by Ukrainians; things like this can prove to be decisive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join