It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have 500 Jihadists from the UK presently fighting for the New Islamic State

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Very interesting and much appreciated. We have had mass immigration many come as political assylum seekers so the decent thing is to give these people a home.

Its a pity the gap exists between the disenfranchised and those of us who don't agree with our government's foreign policies and allies. Were we united we could have a far better lobby for a fairer world.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: doobydoll

Why should some other country get stuck with our trash,we can't just flip tip them in someone else garden.

Then let them stay in/go to the beloved country they are sympathising with. Let them live with the choices they make instead of forcing us to. We don't want them living amongst us, when can we have a choice in this?
edit on 16-8-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

while it IS decent and VERY commendable to give them a home... perhaps more working needs to be done with both integration into society at large, as well as topics like racism addressed?

I don't have the answers here.... but its clear we need to begin to work together to find them!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't think Isis have a country, they seems to be carving up existing states.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Just a point here, as far as United States goes - since that is where I live. There is extremism here also, but here it is found more often (not always but definitely more often) in the black communities, or the ex con's. They are the most susceptible here...Second largest group prone to extremism here are the very large immigrant communities which set themselves apart from everyone else.

This says something, perhaps... about what needs addressed most in all our western countries. As both groups here feel separate from everyone else in their country and these places are where extremism is most likely to grow.

ETA

I am not saying extremists are all of either group, just that these groups have a larger propensity toward extremism.

And one more thing, where concerns immigrants, its almost never 1st generation immigrants, it is 2cnd generation... at least from what I am seeing from the middle eastern communities. And I will say, it is this second generation who most often feels they don't really belong to either section of society.. not fully a part of the immigrant communities, and not fully a part of the country they live...
edit on 16-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
A government official told a presenter on the news that we have 500 men from Britain fighting for the Islamic State.

So it appears that our government knows who these men are and I wonder what they are doing about their families living here without presumably a breadwinner and also what they are doing to stop these murderous devils from returning to this country and slipping back into the normalities of life here?

Does anyone know because I think these men's crimes against humanity are so dire, we must have a suitable punishment in place to deter any other gullible young men from travelling into a situation that their consciences should be screaming out about instead of the relish they all show on my tv?

Also what is being done about these Imans who put this poison into their brains? I know we hear about different country's being involved and we have the usual international groups, UK, Saudi, USA, Israel, Quatar all in threads about this situation. One should remember tht Saudi is on a mission to try to get its form of Islam into every countrh in the world where muslims have penetrated.

I am wondering if our government is playing some kind of mental game on us Brits - cameron sending aid and not weapons - how come he sent weapons to Libya before that all kicked off and Libya never posed the threat this islamic state does? Are our country's caught in some kind of supplied and trained the bad guys to shake the area up and ensure the divide between all the States around Israel, that has got out of hand - how come cameron isn't demanding a war here?

The whole situation seems to be a mastered and a fully managed media exercise to frighten us public into whatever these country's have decided will happen behind closed doors. Any one else feel this way?

If they know who they are they should not allow them back into the UK ever ever ever even if they are citizens. just Account them as converts to the Islamic State in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That is what these nations did before Islam was ever created and they are still doing in now just under a new flag.

Somebody is always wanting to rule the world.
edit on 16-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Well, wherever they end up they can stay there.

Yep, it's only a matter of time that if they pose a danger to us we're gonna drop-kick them out of our country and take their passport back to stop them returning.
www.ukimmigrationbarristers.com...
Everyone knows our gov doesn't care for human rights (or anyone's rights for that matter), so those countries who believe we will be breaching terrorists' human rights by stripping them of their passports, well we'll let THEM do the 'right thing' and take them in. But the truth is THEY don't want them either.
edit on 16-8-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think they should all be rounded up and interned, then their houses, jobs, assets and freedoms they so hate and want to deny others be taken and given to veterans.. After all.. Would it not be haram to take our cash and jobs?? Then once interned.. Put them all on a ships bound for their beloved islamic crap and if they get sunk on route then its less of them we and our kids will have to fight against in the future..

I for one am sick and tired of this "religion of peace"...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm curious about where they get these numbers from.
If they know how many there are then they surely know who they are as if there was some sort of extremist location registration site that they all subscribe to.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Just a point here, as far as United States goes - since that is where I live. There is extremism here also, but here it is found more often (not always but definitely more often) in the black communities, or the ex con's. They are the most susceptible here...Second largest group prone to extremism here are the very large immigrant communities which set themselves apart from everyone else.

This says something, perhaps... about what needs addressed most in all our western countries. As both groups here feel separate from everyone else in their country and these places are where extremism is most likely to grow.

ETA

I am not saying extremists are all of either group, just that these groups have a larger propensity toward extremism.

And one more thing, where concerns immigrants, its almost never 1st generation immigrants, it is 2cnd generation... at least from what I am seeing from the middle eastern communities. And I will say, it is this second generation who most often feels they don't really belong to either section of society.. not fully a part of the immigrant communities, and not fully a part of the country they live...

There is some truth in what you are saying, of course.

But the disconnect from your argument begins when one considers that this occurs within all immigrant communities. There are large numbers of Chinese, German, Italian, Irish, Mexican, Jamaican, etc. etc. immigrants in the U.S. and Canada who tend to cluster together within cities.

But none of these identifiable groups see their youth travelling abroad to join murderous hordes dedicated to the destruction of their homelands.

There is only one identifiable group that is experiencing this phenomenon...those who are raised as Muslims (or who convert to the religion).

So, while the disenfranchising of minority groups within a society is something we should all pay attention to, and take strides to overcome - it is not the central issue when it comes to dealing with cancerous elements like ISIS.

Until mainstream Islam begins to take a "zero tolerance" approach to Imams that incite violence and hatred within mosques or on websites this cancer will continue to grow. Until the moderate majority Muslim states in this world stand up and declare that they too will take the fight to extremists who murder, rape and kidnap in the name of Allah, this cancer will continue to spread.

Why is it that the United States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy and other "Western" countries are the only ones who are putting our young men and women in harms way to quell this disease...and then we get chastised for it.

Seriously, where is Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt, etc.?

I certainly applaud your tireless work in trying to turn young minds away from extremism...you have likely already saved many lives in the process.

Your need to undertake this work alone and without any support (financial or otherwise) from the so-called mainstream - and their lack of concerted action in the overall smacks of tacit approval of the Islamists' agenda. I am afraid that this is the larger problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wonder what the pay and conditions are like in ISIS...Maybe that's why they appear to have gathered the cream of the Muslim crop.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

While the truth often hurts you do raise a good point. Those of us who fight this tirelessly do it alone (or in small groups of us - my group was 7 people working together - then we lost two making it 5) most of the time, and without adequate support. Burn out (in the absolute sense of burn out) is also a real problem... I know I completely burned out.

It would be wonderful to see that change also on large scale. You are correct. It might go a longer way toward quelling the problem.

Yet in the end, all people like me can do is all we can do.
edit on 16-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
under terrorism laws and for the safety of the uk ,refuse re-entry back in ,they should not be allowed to just fly out and kill people ,or is murder now legal as long as you dont do it here in the uk

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They get asylum visas, procreate as much and as quickly as possible with multiple wives inside the UK, then rely on the UK gov't to give benefits, housing, NHS care, until they are old enough to fight, then off to Jihad they send their sons.

They are basically using the UK as one giant free-access incubator. Oh and France, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden.

I've been to all of the above countries, and spent MONTHS in some of them. I can honestly tell you, it's the direct result of the forced anti-nationalist, ultra-liberal guilt-trip pushed onto European peoples. There's nothing more sad than the un-deserved self-hate of people who practically built the modern world; too brow-beaten to raise their voice about the eradication of their own people, culture & values. It's sick.

As if Europe should suffer for ever and ever for the crimes of a few

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join