It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have 500 Jihadists from the UK presently fighting for the New Islamic State

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
A government official told a presenter on the news that we have 500 men from Britain fighting for the Islamic State.

So it appears that our government knows who these men are and I wonder what they are doing about their families living here without presumably a breadwinner and also what they are doing to stop these murderous devils from returning to this country and slipping back into the normalities of life here?

Does anyone know because I think these men's crimes against humanity are so dire, we must have a suitable punishment in place to deter any other gullible young men from travelling into a situation that their consciences should be screaming out about instead of the relish they all show on my tv?

Also what is being done about these Imans who put this poison into their brains? I know we hear about different country's being involved and we have the usual international groups, UK, Saudi, USA, Israel, Quatar all in threads about this situation. One should remember tht Saudi is on a mission to try to get its form of Islam into every countrh in the world where muslims have penetrated.

I am wondering if our government is playing some kind of mental game on us Brits - cameron sending aid and not weapons - how come he sent weapons to Libya before that all kicked off and Libya never posed the threat this islamic state does? Are our country's caught in some kind of supplied and trained the bad guys to shake the area up and ensure the divide between all the States around Israel, that has got out of hand - how come cameron isn't demanding a war here?

The whole situation seems to be a mastered and a fully managed media exercise to frighten us public into whatever these country's have decided will happen behind closed doors. Any one else feel this way?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
You know, its probably juat me not listening, but have we got an approximate number? Do we know how big ISIS/ISIL/IS is?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
You know, its probably juat me not listening, but have we got an approximate number? Do we know how big ISIS/ISIL/IS is?

Damn good question. At first the news here was saying they totalled just a couple of thousand. Seems odd that they could take so much land with such small numbers. I haven't heard any estimations recently about their numbers. Im sure it's much more.

I honestly believe there is so much more to this than meets the eye. Look at Libya, richest african nation, internal political problems, and some violence.........no where near as much as we are seeing in Iraq at the moment, yet we destroyed it, totally destroyed Libya. Why are we letting ISIS continue on their path of destruction, we have drones and planes. It should be relatively easy to slow them or even stop them compared to other recent conflicts. Yet we do nothing.

It really stinks.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I hope they never let them back in the UK. They want to go fight there, let them die there too.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

ISIS is estimated to have around 10,000 to 15,000 fighters, and many more in the way of allies.

To the OP:

I'm not sure if much can be done, besides encouraging surveillance on these groups. In Australia, where we have an estimated number of 150 - 300 Muslims fighting in Syria and Iraq, the government is trying to force in metadata surveillance and a bunch of new laws such as restricting Australians' travel to hot areas without sufficient reasoning, and forcing someone to prove that they are innocent if they have been suspected of engaging in overseas combat.

I am not in favour of the above laws, as i know our government is already keeping a close eye on things. Just earlier this year, ASIO rescinded the passports of suspected Jihadists, so they know who and where they are...

As for the Imams, i think most of them are moderates. It's those internet preachers and sleeper cells that the authorities have to keep an eye on.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
With there breadwinner gone I suspect we are paying them sh!t loads of benefits and paying there housing benefit plus council tax

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If a "government official" told me it was sunny outside, I'd feel obliged to step out and check for myself!

I am sure, the reason for the government official coming out with such a statement is simply to get us all scared of the terrorists in our midst and to beg them for help in preventing ISIS fighters from returning here and cutting our heads off. It's not backed up by any proof at all, just take their word for it. Honestly, we have heard it all before, and no doubt will again as they try to ramp up public support for dropping bombs on someone getting in the way of banker profits.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Official version as of last month was upwards of 10-000 maybe as high as 15-000
however, since then large numbers have joined/defected to isis,

basically its a real threat, its not 20 men in rag towels in a hill in afghanistan this time.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Probably been supporting most of them all along. Many will be the offspring of 2nd, 3rd and 4th 'wives', all married under sharia, not legally recognised as married in this country and claiming as 'single parents'.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well, i can imagine the situation
Guy goes on bbc and cries `i was targeted cos im a muslim at the airport and subjected to humiliating checks, its islamaphobia i tell you, boo hoo`

Ugh

i guarantee you guys, half of these monsters will come back to the UK

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'm sure our gov was talking about confiscating the British passports of those who choose to go and fight for IS, and prevent them from returning here. That was a few weeks ago though and I've heard nothing about it since.

It beats me how anyone who has run away from such oppression in the East and settled here, can just up and risk their life to uphold that same extreme oppression which they hated so much in the first place. What's all that about?

If they leave our country to fight for IS, we should bolt the door behind them. We don't want these murdering, marauding extremists returning to live amongst us, let them live in the hell-hole they've created there, don't let them bring it back here.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
I'm sure our gov was talking about confiscating the British passports of those who choose to go and fight for IS, and prevent them from returning here. That was a few weeks ago though and I've heard nothing about it since.

It beats me how anyone who has run away from such oppression in the East and settled here, can just up and risk their life to uphold that same extreme oppression which they hated so much in the first place. What's all that about?

If they leave our country to fight for IS, we should bolt the door behind them. We don't want these murdering, marauding extremists returning to live amongst us, let them live in the hell-hole they've created there, don't let them bring it back here.

And we should then gather up there family and ship them out to whatever country there fighting in and strip them all of there passports

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
tony blair's fault

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
a reply to: Thefarmer

Probably been supporting most of them all along. Many will be the offspring of 2nd, 3rd and 4th 'wives', all married under sharia, not legally recognised as married in this country and claiming as 'single parents'.

Yup even more dough to them, f'in joke

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
In the thirties Lots of Men (The International Brigade) from Britain and Ireland went to fight in Spain against Franco's Fascists...We now have memorials to those Heroes. No witch hunt was ordered on their return.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have never understood how one can turn his back on his own country, but this is a religious war according to our enemies. They should all be put on the terrorist list. Well that's all from me, I'm off to the snackbar.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Apples and oranges here. These guys leaving now are more comparable to folks leaving to go fight for Franco.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
In the thirties Lots of Men (The International Brigade) from Britain and Ireland went to fight in Spain against Franco's Fascists...We now have memorials to those Heroes. No witch hunt was ordered on their return.

Although there was discouragement, fighting fascism was something the UK government was privately happy to support. Many of the couple of thousand fighters would have joined up to fight Nazism as the Spanish Civil War rolled into WW2.

The only similarity between the International Brigade and British Muslims going off to fight in Syria and Iraq is that they were British nationals. The world has moved on. There is a legitimate fear that many of these Muslims will return to the UK having been radicalised and hardened by what is an intensively brutal conflict.

The question is how the UK authorities should deal with a young man returning back to the UK with blood on his hands. These people are not doing flower arranging, if you consider the various well reported atrocities from the well funded ISIS PR department. How do you deal with someone who has beheaded a child?

Regards
edit on 16/8/2014 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

How do you deal with someone who has beheaded a child?

Regards

I would deal with them like this..
Place a Giant (smooth inside, no handles) tube in the back of a A330 troop transporter, Place all child killers into said tube. fly up to 20,000' over the Atlantic. point the plane towards space and open the back doors. oh, and Bush and Blair would be on that flight also. Those two have more children's blood on their hands than ISIS. a lot more.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I know little about the Spannish war but I do know many men went to help there. I suspect though that when it came to beheading kids, raping women and stealing them from this husbands, that was a low priority - not that when war happens atrocities don't. Somehow the behaviour of ISIS is disgusting and I cannot see any heroic thinking behind what is truly terror on a mass scale. These men must pay for their actions and be named and shamed to the world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join