It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 years too late: an introduction.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Sorry. I meant on ATS, not your age. I haven't got a cruel bone in my body. Well, maybe a couple.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yep, same. What it was is one of the things that I've done a whole lot of research on so thought I could help. I'm an older bird so I remember watching television when Reagan was shot. Remember seeing the footage but not sure if it was live or not. Would be kind of creepy and weird if it were live, lol, because I don't think Reagan was really doing anything special that day.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Do you have a thread I can visit on it, or ideas on what it was all about? I always wondered why they were shipping us off weekly (or in my case trying to) and we were the first students allowed to play on the newer computers as well (a step up from the 3 color apple computers in the regular computer classes). I was given an IQ test, but I don't know the validity of an IQ test given 21 or so years ago to a seven year old (but i did well
)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

I didn't think you did. I was just having fun.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yeah, we've found ourselves in opposite trenches, but i'd share a beer. Like I said, easier to be an ass when I had my anonymous avatar, but that doesn't mean I won't still be in my trench taken potshots on subjects.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yep. I had a computer early as well and learned Basic. Also had an oh so charming AI chatbot to talk with when I finished a program early called Eliza. She was a wanker and that's putting it mildly. There was interest in the program from a few tech entities so not sure if that's why all the computer stuff. My mom was just talking to me the other day about how special I was. Was kind of creepy. Did really well on iq plus had the high spatial ability (3d image creation and turning objects in mind type stuff). She was tested, too, ages ago and was tested for spatial ability as an additional because she did well too. She was one of the students in Project Talent.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a lot in here. I don't come in til later in the thread. To give you an idea of how much of a deep research I did, I reviewed at least 1000 abstracts behind paywalls on the subject and as many as I could that were fully available behind that same paywall. Basically, from late 19th century to within the last few years of scholarly research on the subject. I just ended up with more questions, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Haha admittedly you've lost me. I don't think the program I was in ever went that far. I have wondered if it was some sort of study on us though.

When I was young I used to make the "progs" on aol in Visual Basic (and may have play around with a few pre made trojans - i was thirteen and mischievous) which were basically chat scrollers and also an early form of pirating. Basically you'd have a file someone wanted in your email and the prog would list all your email with a code and if the person wanted the file they repeated the code and your email automatically emailed it to them. That was how people used to trade pirated stuff in the old days.

Unfortunately my public school was way behind (i still had a typing class.. on a typewriter in the late 90s!) so I couldn't program a thing these days. If I had a teacher at that age though (like all languages should be learned at a young age) I could have grasped it.

I still get great ideas for programs i'm incapable of creating. Actually i started a few websites with a friend who was capable that eventually failed due to funding and now those ideas have gone on to be huge. For example we had a concept and outline for chat roulette years before it was made. He does runs some sort of shady non profit now and sold his share of his last website called realpics.net (that's not an add the site is a sucky social networking site for emo kids).

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am bumping with a few good jams because I made this thread at a weird hour.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sorry for the tardy reply. Craptastic week all the way around, eh?

My testing results were supposedly very high. I stole a set one time from a teacher's desk and I was in the upper 90 percentiles for quite a few subjects. The spatial ability thing is just something else they check for on their hunt for brainiac engineers. It's like being able to construct things only in your mind. The whole program was experimental so it changed a lot from decade to decade depending on the "latest and greatest" in thinking for educational psychology plus it was affected by local funding as well. The Dept of Education doesn't provide the bulk of the funding so how much of what depends on whose donating, I guess.

I took VB as well later on. Only thing I did with it outside of what was required for homework was make a funny interactive Valentine's Day "card" for my sweetheart. I gave him what appeared to be choices but what forced him to choose me as his valentine, lol. I can be such a jerk but he found it hilarious because I made every "wrong" answer a joke. He puts up with me very well, lol.

Overall though, I just never really got totally into programming. Or engineering for that matter, lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yeah I never got into it either, but I wish now that I had. I am 28 and needing to go back to school, but it's hard these days to afford. I write and want to be a fiction writer. I am planning a few trips because this scenery has started to stagnate and new places and faces are always good for inspiraction. I have lot's of stories, but never the courage to publish. I plan to start sending them in this year though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join