It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile Chases Swimmer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is one Lucky Guy/Gal..As you can see from the Video this thing is huge. Never knew there were Crocs off the coast of Mexico...another reason for me to stay out of the Ocean.

Linky to story
edit on 16-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Do Mexicans hate tourists or what? Whoever is recording sure is taking the situation pretty lightly. Kind of odd.

I think if the croc really wanted to catch that person though, it would have.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x

I think if the croc really wanted to catch that person though, it would have.

Without a doubt. Those thing can shift when they need to. Probably sizing him/Her up. It seems to speed up and gain some ground on the swimmer just before someone throws that thing at at.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That is a monster! I've seen a saltwater croc about 6 miles off shore in the Gulf of Mexico. It was about a 9 or 10 footer. I didn't know we had them in this area or that they travelled in water so deep. They are rare, but apparently they are out there. Probably illegal pets set loose into the wild.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Good GAWD. Stuff of nightmares.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Had that swimmer been me, there'd have been a brown streak trailing me in the water. O.O
I think I should count my blessings that the closest I've come to a gator here in FL is having one try to catch my cast fishing line.

Skunkape, my sister-in-law had the misfortune to stumble on a saltwater croc once on the land-facing side of one of the barrier islands when she was a teen. She was wading near mangroves and tripped over it's tail. Said that was the closest she ever came to walking on water, and it chased her for a good clip!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Had that swimmer been me, there'd have been a brown streak trailing me in the water. O.O
I think I should count my blessings that the closest I've come to a gator here in FL is having one try to catch my cast fishing line.

I caught a baby gator on a fishing line once. I reeled it in and was trying to remove the hook without injuring it or getting my finger bit. It started chirping for mama and she was right on top of the situation. She charged out of the grass, jaws gaping, and was nearly between my legs before I could even blink. Talk about doing the hooky dance!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Had that swimmer been me i would have been Swimming like The Zohan...Dolphin style.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No way should anyone be randomly swimming there anyway with crocs like this about.

Crocs don't specialize in chasing prey but under cover of dark water then precision striking. Which arguably means they're out of their element in this particular environment and certainly aren't native to it I think. As someone said, could be pets let loose.

Imagine if the water wasn't clear, like that. Look how it blended into the dark water area. Now imagine if the swimmer happened to be just swimming over that as that enormous croc was just biding it's time.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That gives my nightmares nightmares. Crocs will eat humans and like it. This one here either just ate or was sizing her up. IDK, but I would've reacted like a squid, and intead of ink...... the water would've turned brown, had it been me.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Anybody notice the AK47 creeping into the edge of frame a couple times?

Wonder why they didn't use it?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Anybody notice the AK47 creeping into the edge of frame a couple times?

Wonder why they didn't use it?

It's the strap off a rucksack blowing in the wind.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I saw this video this morning and as I was watching it, I thought where in hell is that swimmer going to find refuge? It looks like there's nothing around but water and mangroves. Lucky for that swimmer the croc lost interest.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Lucky that crocodile already ate.. and was taking it's time.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats

Crocs don't specialize in chasing prey but under cover of dark water then precision striking. Which arguably means they're out of their element in this particular environment and certainly aren't native to it I think. As someone said, could be pets let loose.

One definitely doesn't expect to encounter a crocodile in this part of the world.
They are not native. That would just make it that much more scary.

new topics

top topics

join